leaves folding like a taco , normal ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrOysterhead

Mr Oysterhead
Reaction score
the leaves off this plant is folding like a taco , could this be over watering

curling leaves.jpg

curling leaves 2.jpg

HGB said:
what are you feeding and at what ppm? could be -mg

That is Mg defiecy...add some Epson Salts

DLA said:
That is Mg defiecy...add some Epson Salts

An Mg defficiency is a probable cause but i would say from my own experience that if it isnt a Mg deffic, then its almost certainly a humidity problem maybe even a drainage problem that is causing overwatering but usually with o/watering the leaves show clearer signs..iv seen this prob before and it was due to my friend not keeping his humidity under control,a lot of growers remember to chck their temps but not their humidity.

Its gotta be one of the 3 probs that have been suggested.Try letting your humidity calm down and watch your temps... add some epson salts and also poke your fingers through the holes at the bottom of your pot to feel for a drainage problem which it could be but i would say if it isnt an Mg deffic then its for sure a humidity prob.Good Luck:joint:

I posted yesterday about a similar problem, well your description is exactly what is happening to my girls. I have been told by some people on here that it is due to a variation of ph. However, I am growing soil and looks like you got hydro. Could be the same solution? Have you been checking your ph? Take a look:

CIMG0582.JPG

CIMG0581.JPG

my damn temp will not leave 84 unless my windows are open , i have 2 fans one facing the plants and one on the top shelf blowing on the balast

im going to buy some circulating fans these ones are walgreens shitty wexford straight fans , high and low , its winter around here so walmart hasnt hard there garden and cooling fans out yet

MrOysterhead said:
my pH is like 5.0-5.9

OK lets see if I can answer your postessss,

Ph fluctuation can cause several different issues, however I don't think that's the problem...not to beat a dead horse but you too need more Mg.

36 % RH is low, average it should be around 40-60 with much less during flowering.

If your room temp is 84 fans won't help, your just blowing the 84 degree air around. You need to look at what makes it 84 degrees. Your ballast for one should get the heck out of there, and think about venting your lights.

PH for soil should be slightly higher then you have 5.8-6.2.

HTH

will a ballast starting amking a louder noise if it gets to hot and continue to make the noise ... becuause by old one started makig a loud noise 24/7 and i the man replaced it

MrOysterhead said:
will a ballast starting amking a louder noise if it gets to hot and continue to make the noise ... becuause by old one started makig a loud noise 24/7 and i the man replaced it
over heating the ballest will certainlly reduce its life eg start making sounds it shouldn't..
and if tempreature is the problem ...get a LTI extractor kit to suit the size of your room and this should be your answer

attachment.php

theres a chart, showing the "acceptable" ph range for water cultures and soil. 6.2-6.8 is ideal

DLA said:
OK lets see if I can answer your postessss,

Ph fluctuation can cause several different issues, however I don't think that's the problem...not to beat a dead horse but you too need more Mg.

36 % RH is low, average it should be around 40-60 with much less during flowering.

If your room temp is 84 fans won't help, your just blowing the 84 degree air around. You need to look at what makes it 84 degrees. Your ballast for one should get the heck out of there, and think about venting your lights.

PH for soil should be slightly higher then you have 5.8-6.2.

HTH

Pretty good answers,i too had a problem where my temps kept spiking above 90 but i live in cold scotland so we dont have high humidity,if it isnt any of the Ph probs or Mg defic.,etc that have been mentioned then its your humidity.

One way for closet growers who dont have great ventilation is to invest in a Co2 mister,it basically releases Co2 Into your growroom at specific times and this will help big time with your intake/outake ventilation probs,they are the size of a very small fire extinguisher and can be bought from most decent weed sites that sell HPS lights,etc.

If ya wanna go ghetto with it then a Co2 fire extinguisher is a handy thing to have,just be VERY careful how you use it or you'll exterminate your plants for good.Good Luck:joint:

hello everyone,

I just wanted to throw my two cents in and say that my friend's grow temeps are rarely below 85.... his plants are fine. In my opinion, it is more important to have a low relative humidity in flowering, rather than worrying about too high or low a humidity during the rest of the grow.

Humidity is another issue, but if your humidity is 36 you shouldnt have a problem really... again, I'm thinking back to past friend's grows.

I am most tempted to say the problem here is Mg, but like I said, this is all opinion.... and every one's got em.

smoke on,
greatherb

Latest posts

Back