leaves folding like a taco , normal ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
greatherb said:
hello everyone,

I just wanted to throw my two cents in and say that my friend's grow temeps are rarely below 85.... his plants are fine. In my opinion, it is more important to have a low relative humidity in flowering, rather than worrying about too high or low a humidity during the rest of the grow.

Humidity is another issue, but if your humidity is 36 you shouldnt have a problem really... again, I'm thinking back to past friend's grows.

I am most tempted to say the problem here is Mg, but like I said, this is all opinion.... and every one's got em.

smoke on,
greatherb

Yeah iv had grows where the temp has spiked way above 90 so i'd agree with you on that,and as you said humidity is another issue,albeit an important one.If it aint humidity and it aint a Mg deffic and its defo not a drainage problem then id be inclined to think thats your grow room simply isnt getting enough air intake, its all good having numerous fans but remember,after a while all they end up doing is circulating stagnant air if there isnt fresh air or a Co2 solution in place.Just a few more ideas,its a tricky one....:joint:

Hi there

Just wanted to give my opinion too. I had the same happen to me on the last grow. I started with seeds and they were grown in soil. I had my lights too close and the plants got way tooo hot. I think the same is happening to yours. I didnt see what kind of lights you were using cause im lazy and dont like to read that much, lol.:yay: But I would say back off your lights a little bit or use a cooler bulb. Im using compact flourescent bulbs and they are working great. My bulbs are about 3 inches or so away from my plants. The cfl bulbs work great for closet grow because it keeps the plants short and bushy.

Later:cool:

Well, to find out very quickly if it is a Mg deficiency then get some Epsom salts and foliar feed with them. You will know if that was it in a matter of hours. But IME you should have red stems way before you have canoing leaves. It most likely is a heat and humidity issue. It is not killing your plants though. Not a huge issue. Def. give the Epsom a whirl and see where that takes your plants.

*** If it were a pH problem, the leaves would be much more folded and twisty like in parts...

:bolt: there are numerous ways in which to control/release co2 cheaply,however after speaking to some mods,if you have sufficient ventilation then it`s not needed;) grow on man!

Latest posts

Back