Let us have a moment of silence ……

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullshoalsguy

Bud of the Year
Reaction score
4 of 7 plants gone. Working to save the others. Gone in 48 hours no rain just morning dew I guess 🤷🏼‍♂️😢
IMG_5742.jpeg
IMG_5741.jpeg
IMG_5740.jpeg
IMG_5739.jpeg

ok serious question. Why shouldnt I switch to auto’s? I’ve never grown them but I seem to have issues here in Missouri mid September on. I could plant May 1 harvest in august. What’s the downside?

ok serious question. Why shouldnt I switch to auto’s? I’ve never grown them but I seem to have issues here in Missouri mid September on. I could plant May 1 harvest in august. What’s the downside?
I had mold all over my auto's outdoors this year. Central IL. I plant them way early so that the sun is at it's longest when they finish thinking that will help. They was looking real good too. Many of us it seems, especially ME, are chasing that one killer plant/pheno. Several years back the seed companies were touting mold resistant this or that. Now they just breed em, make up a catchy name and a fancy package and it's off to the races. Nobody is taking the time to do the back crossing and stabilizing of anything. (My opinion only) ... Some of the best I ever grew was about 5 years back now was a outdoor Bruce Banner Auto, doesn't mean it wouldn't have had mold all over it this year though. I think a lot of Seed Co's take it for granted that most everyone is indoors now. Fargen sucks for you man. I hate it. All the work we put into things. Sincerely sorry for your loss.

I tried autos for the first time this year. Lost a fair amount to bud rot but we have had biblical rains all summer. Thinking of using a silica supplement next year since it is supposed to make the plants more resistant to molds and bugs. My autos weren’t very dense but it is good smoke. I don’t blame the auto piece of the equation. I think the lack of density was due to cloud cover. Sorry for your loss. I think you had a pic of a bud with brown leaves a week or so ago and bud rot was my fear…

I tried autos for the first time this year. Lost a fair amount to bud rot but we have had biblical rains all summer. Thinking of using a silica supplement next year since it is supposed to make the plants more resistant to molds and bugs. My autos weren’t very dense but it is good smoke. I don’t blame the auto piece of the equation. I think the lack of density was due to cloud cover. Sorry for your loss. I think you had a pic of a bud with brown leaves a week or so ago and bud rot was my fear…
I remember a year where I had to cover my plants with a big umbrella to keep the rain off.
Then I would blow them off good with a leaf blower just to make sure I dried up any moisture.
Only one little bud that was sticking out was affected and I got it early so it never spread.

I remember a year where I had to cover my plants with a big umbrella to keep the rain off.
Then I would blow them off good with a leaf blower just to make sure I dried up any moisture.
Only one little bud that was sticking out was affected and I got it early so it never spread.
I would say covering from rain was good and it is what I have done many times on east coast, but...................
What really kills EC growers is humidity, humidity, and more humidity. Once the plant was wet it never dried out for hrs at a time, even with the leaf blower trick and fans going outdoors.
Still got some rot every harvest

have not had to deal with bud rot for the last 14 years….easy to do when one lives in an area plagued by drought and humidity always around 10-20%..

lucky bass turd here

but what we lack in bud rot is made up in spades with hoppers and other evil critters

have not had to deal with bud rot for the last 14 years….easy to do when one lives in an area plagued by drought and humidity always around 10-20%..

lucky bass turd here

but what we lack in bud rot is made up in spades with hoppers and other evil critters
Yep tons of evil little critters

lucky bass turd here

Why you gotta blame Hopper.😁

Latest posts

Back