light$

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BROMAN

GROWIN n LEARNIN
Reaction score
Are the $100 + light bulbs really advised? I got a dual 400w tube and I'm looking for bulbs. I'm thinking a cheapo mh and two son agro 430w for $40 on eBay. I've heard folks talk about hortilux but, gee $$. The no names that came with the lights seem to have worked well. What's the call when it comes to lights?

i always get the regular hps cheaper type, and change more often.

Before i went LED i always did as Zem has mentioned, 20 dollar bulbs changed out a little more often.

Thanks gents. That makes sense to me. Do you think the extra blue spectrum light and extra 30w of the sun agro will have a positive effect?

i have found a bulb that has a little more blue in it, and that is cheaper. i can't tell if the 30 extra watts amounts to anything, you would need a light meter to tell, or do a side by side...

I was going with the "middle class" bulb, spending $60 - $70 a bulb.

Was considering a Hortilux bulb, just before going LED. No idea if it's actually worth it or not.

I prefer to use the Digilux bulbs myself. I have compared them to a couple other bulbs with a lumen meter and the difference was about 20% better. They are a little more than the cheaper ones but I have had nothing but excellent results with them. :)

Thanks for the info folks. I think I will go with the sun agro 430w. I read somewhere that its supposed to have like 3-5k extra lumens. Does added blue spectrum in flower cause increased trich production? I'll get a cheap mh for the next grow and then for the third just reuse the sun agros for veg since less lumens are required.

Found a much less expensive 430w enhanced hps and enhanced mh. It's $19 on ebay . Going to try it out.

Found a much less expensive 430w enhanced hps and enhanced mh. It's $19 on ebay . Going to try it out.

i would give it a go ahead as that's about what i pay for mine, GE or other reputable names, never had a problem so far

Latest posts

Back