lights

mcliette1

yea
Reaction score
ok i have been looking at the topics on lights for about two weeks now. but there is one problem i dont have the money for the metal halide system or the hps system is there any other light that u could recommend me to use that will make the plant grow

T

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT

Well you can get some CFL's (compact flourescent lights). They have some nice 42 watters that put out 2,700 lumens and will cost ya about $8 each. You get yourself 4 of those and you can grow yourself one or 2 nice plants. ;)

Nelson Mutz

Reaction score
mcliette1 said:
ok i have been looking at the topics on lights for about two weeks now. but there is one problem i dont have the money for the metal halide system or the hps system is there any other light that u could recommend me to use that will make the plant grow
mc...IMO, purchase a pair of GE daylight CFL's from Wally World. I think they are $6.48 for a two-pack. Each bulb on 75W variety [6500K spectrum] puts out 1150 lumens, which we be enough to keep your plant going and getting stronger. Want a little better saturation?? Purchase a reflector clamp light [about $5-8], and a "Y" two bulb adapter [about $2], while you're there. For less than $20, you'll have some good light for your little babies! Hope this helps you out...
:aok:
Nelson

noodles

Reaction score
Hi there this is noodles.

Im using 2 cfl and a 120 watt grow bulb in a small closet and my plants are three weeks old. They are growing fast and are getting plenty of light. Im using a reflector for every bulb, puts out a good heat source and effecient lighting. My whole setup cost me about $40 bucks. This is my second grow and used similar setup worked good.:eek:

mcliette1

yea
Reaction score
thanks alot for the help guy i burned my first set of plants because i was using a grow flood light and i think it was to hot for the little buds

noodles

Reaction score
Yeah I use a heat bulb to sprout seeds and all of mine are up in two days. I use till the plants are about an inch or 1.5 inches then under the fluorescent bulbs. This has been very good for me. I have 11 plants right now getting crowded though:p

noodles

Reaction score
Yeah I use a heat bulb to sprout seeds and all of mine are up in two days. I use till the plants are about an inch or 1.5 inches then under the fluorescent bulbs. This has been very good for me. I have 11 plants right now getting crowded though:p Oh I was going to say you could still use that light but raise to about 1.5 to 2 feet from your plants. You may have to water more but it sure speeds things up when starting, I have noticed any. :banana::banana:Maybe im just lucky :banana: :banana:

Latest posts