Lime Question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JerseyFreshB

Reaction score
I started 12 seeds in 16 oz grow cups. I started them in a 75% b*cuzz coco coir (I'm pretty sure thats what it's called), and 25% worm castings. My dad said he read soemthing to where adding lime to the soil will help with pH nuetralize the pH.

He added the lime right into his soild before he planted. I didn't so i need to know...

1. Should I even wrry about adding lime somehow.
2. How should I add it? Just put some lime on top of the mix, or should I add some in the water next time I water.

He also said that the lime couldn't hurt the plants any...

Just lookin for some advice thanks in advance...

I'm not familiar with the coco stuff so I really don't know how acidic it is. You should be fine as long as your feeding water is around 6.4, 6.5. Add a lil lime when you transplant. I add a tablespoon a gal of soil. Too much lime can give your plants too much calcium and cause some sort of lockout.

You should use dolomite lime as it is time released, dont use the powderd lime as it will wash out quickly.

I picked up a pH test kit today from PetSmart. I have 7 seeds started and i gave them half strength grow big and big bloom it pH'd at about 6.5-6.6 I added a little lime thats why...

Latest posts

Back