little hep please, little hep. help. leaves folding!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

halzey68

:hairpull: ok, i was pretty sure my pots were to wet so ive been drying them now for 5 days just giving little sips in the morning to my babies. finally tonight a couple of the leaves started to droop and fold over like an upside down taco. So, i gave them 4cups feed and 4 cups water into 7 gallon pots. no run off out of bottom.
how does this sound??
on the right track?
or is the leaves folding like that something to worry about?

You should water completly till water comes out the bottom of your pots. Then "do not" water again till your pot is completly dry about at least an inch down from the top. Sipping water over and over is not that good in my opinion unless you have a great handle on your soil and the oxygen the roots are getting.

Ya, i don't know too much but I've heard its much worse to over-water than underwater and it's much harder to recover from an over-watering too. But I have also heard that if the leaves are drooping, thats a sign you should water them..?? you could get a water tester?

well, we'll see in the morning almost bedtime for my beauties. is that a "normal droop"? for the leaves to fold like that?:confused:

Droopy leaves are usually because or either over or under watering so I'd try watering less first cause a un-watered plant is much healthier than an over watered so if they continue to droop after lowering the watering try increasing it? you said there was no run off correct?

ive had runoff everytime but this 1. i was going to feed every other day and in crease it till i get a little runoff.

Just for me feeding/watering every other day is way too much. Even with my 400HPS its closer to every 4 days. Unless your temp is crazy high (mine was in mid 90s for quite a while and still didn't need to water every other day) you shouldn't be watering that much. Plants will show droop with over watering as well so that isn't a good indicator. If you can put your finger in and its damp, no need to water.

i figured that out, that it wasnt good to water daily, so im going to go to every other but smaller amount. last night i gave 4 cups feed and 4 cups water. this morning , they are liking it . the 1 plant with the folded,drooping leafs(only 2 leafs folded like a upside down taco) but they are beginning to perk back up so the taco is unfolding. yesterday was the 5th day with no water except sips just to dry my soil out. so now ill wait till sunday to give them more, unless they seem to want more.:D
oh , i am running 1000w but i have my room staying at 75f.

halzey....i comented on this in your grow I think...stop watering the Girls...let that medium dry out...make those Ladies beg for water..its better then drowning them...and when you do water only water at lights on time...unless you are running lights 24/7...water when they come on...Good luck my friend

sorry but givving them sipps here and there....sounds like your plant needs theropy...lol

halzey68 said:
ive had runoff everytime but this 1. i was going to feed every other day and in crease it till i get a little runoff.

You want run off everytime...

you only want to feed every other watering...sorry next you will be on here asking about nute burn..

letting them dry out. I have not watered since sunday. ive been letting the soil dry out. when i say sips, i meant just a couple ounces of water in the afternoon just to give them a little boost and that was only after 3 days with none at all. last night when they started to droop was when i gave them there first real drink. tomorrow ill check soil dampness again and probably wait till sunday before watering again. i think my soil should be fairly stabilized by then. They did seem to appreciate the feeding last evening. 1"&1/2 growth overnight(6 hours) and all perked up. thank you for your help. i just wanted to be asking question in the right thread and i am just a little anal compulsive. lol
OH , i did water last night with my spray bottle right when the light went off. gave them a good misting.

No offence halzey68...i Just want you to be succesful..you are posting in the right secions I think..lol..if not ..Hick will move ya..lol..Thats what I do..lol.and I will watch and learn...lol..Ill fallow along if you dont mind?...

KEEP M GREEN

Latest posts

Back