Looking for answers!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KronicKing32

Reaction score
Ok, I've browsed the grow guides and journals but for some reason I can't seem to find what I need. I finally got a seed to grow and my first baby broke dirt yesterday. I am looking for help with watering and light and stuff like that. Should I get her under light ASAP and do 24hr lighting. How much water and how often should I give it? Should I hold off on nutes and if so how long? I just have a 60 watt plant light so far and my baby is growing in a 5 gallon bucket.

Should I get her under light ASAP and do 24hr lighting.

Yes. 5,000 lumens per/sq ft of plant canopy. You plant is tiny now so not much light is needed to fulfill this amount. Just do the math for your size of grow. Make sure to keep your light at a safe height for the plant. You don't want to burn it.

How much water and how often should I give it?

Water the plant only when the dirt is almost dry. Don't wait until the plant droops, but just before. Water slowly until just a little comes out of the bottom. Then don't water again until the plant is almost dry.

Should I hold off on nutes and if so how long?

Tiny seedlings need no added nutrients. Wait until they're larger. Read up on how to properly feed MJ.

I just have a 60 watt plant light so far and my baby is growing in a 5 gallon bucket.

It's not the wattage, but the lumens that you need to be aware of. How many lumens are you providing with that light?

I'm mostly doing an outdoor grow with my plant, I have it in a 5 gallon bucket so I can do both indoor and outdoor growing. The light I have now is probably 1000 lumens. It's an incandescent grow light, it's light blue.

KronicKing32 said:
I'm mostly doing an outdoor grow with my plant, I have it in a 5 gallon bucket so I can do both indoor and outdoor growing. The light I have now is probably 1000 lumens. It's an incandescent grow light, it's light blue.

If the total light output is only 1,000 lumens, that's not enough. You'll be very disappointed in what your plant does. Growing MJ is not free or even inexpensive. You get your money back by not having to buy it from a dealer at jacked up prices.

It still costs to grow right. 3,000 lumens per/sq ft MINIMUM.

5,000 lumens per/sq ft is preferred for maximum growth and potency.

Good luck man.

Latest posts

Back