lowryder # 2 grow/pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before anyone asks...the seeds were from joint doctor.

Sorry sticky, forgot to answer ur question earlier, if u look at the 'six pack' photo's the 2 round pots...#1 and 3 are the soil one's the others are 5 litre water bottles, tops cut of, drainage holes drilled in bottom.
a 2 inch layer of clay beads for drainage and topped up with the perlite/vermi mix.
i grew them in a heated propagator, then put them in 3 inch peat pots still in the propagator,,then when i moved them to the final pots i cut of the bottom of the pots to help the roots grow, as they looked like they were struggling to get thru the side walls.....wont use them again!!
look at hydro roots...massive, cos they dont have to waste energy building themselves up to have the strength to push thru soil.
i didn't have time to set up a hydro as i said, but thought perlite/vermi was reasonably a close substitute, vermiculite will store fluids and is very light and perlite also absorbs moisture to a certain extent but also provides room for aeration...seems to have worked! bedtime folks zzzzz

The six pack are no more!!!
from now on they will be known as the fearless five!
dont know what happened to it, it was barely flowering...it just gave up by the look of it. maybe not enough light in my small cupboard.

tmpphpFpSrGE.jpg

I think one of the girls is going to have to say hello to the guillotine on sunday maybe:) four of them look pretty much the same...but what about the one in the foreground? looks completely different.
I read on a site last night that there can be some variation with lowryders. it looks nearly ready just like the others so it must be autoflowering, but could it be another dwarf autoflowering plant?
maybe they mixed my seeds up?

tmpphp6nNgyT.jpg

They said '8 weeks from seed to harvest'
its been 8 weeks today since i planted the beans......
looks like harvest time:farm: :D :D :D

tmpphpAZRUDC.jpg

tmpphpux1f2a.jpg

tmpphpAAayeg.jpg

ctmpphpeAuRie.jpg

tmpphp5htsNa.jpg

They look like they could mature a little more. This is still my first lowryder grow so I'm not 100%. If it were my crop and the trichs weren't where I wanted them I would definitely let them go more... Maybe even a week.

looking good man, dont know much about harvest but those look like nice colas i cant wait till i have some widow buds

have left them at the moment, will check out the trichs tonight. last time i looked they were clear....is cloudy or amber best? thanx for any advice.

Hey crintonator....wish my colas looked like yours.
your grow looks stunning.i think this is good for my first grow but the next im gonna try a dwc hydro with ak 47.

Hey Pablo...been a few days since I visited your journal. Have you/are you harvesting yet? I did have a question: After you got the plants to germ/sprout, did you top them, either with FIM or conventional toping method? Just curious. Does anyone know if you can do this to a lowrider #2 plant, to make it grow bushier?? Common sense tells me that you shouldn't, due to the short growing and autoflowering properties of the plant. However, if anyone [or even you, Pablo] know, I would appreciate knowing. I have some LR#2 seeds on their way, and am trying to get up to speed and read everything I can on this strain. And, based on Picasso's application, think that using a combination of red and blue spectrum light would be best for the health of the plant. Anyone what to throw in their 2 cents??

Nelson

Hello mutz, nearly ready for the chop...well one of them for now.
As to your question about topping and fimming...no i didnt.
i did think about it, especially the fimming...have seen some remarkable results using that method. will try it on the next grow...ak 47.

Some pics of the jungle before i start deforestation!!
8 weeks and about 4 days.:)

tmpphpYQ6iyY.jpg

tmpphpyHNLvZ.jpg

tmpphpzOYgea.jpg

tmpphpux1f2a.jpg

IV'E KILLED IT!!!!!!
Its now hanging up in a canvas wardrobe, will give it about 3 days then trim it up saving the trimmings of course.....to make maybe a match head sized piece of hash ha ha! dont know what the whole plant weighed but will post info when i trim it up a bit.
looks like another one or two will be ready in a day or 2.
I have to confess....i pinched of a small bud weighing 2.1 grams, gonna dry in oven for a few mins and test it....couldnt resist:p

tmpphpBPZpjz.jpg

man im glad you done with that one but i got question
its that a lowryderm mix , couse its big very big and it dosent have a big gun like lowryder supostoo ??
im not trying to offend you , so dont get me wrong just a question

As this is my first grow i dont really know if they are all lowryder.
i got 10 seeds from the joint doctor which were in a small plastic test tube labelled 'lowryder#2'
only one of them looks like i expected it to, and that's the smallest one...17 inches. but how come they all nearly ready after only about 9 weeks since planting? obviously they are all 'autoflowering'?

They probably have different phenotypes which is why you're not seeing all of them very short like your other one. I was looking at lr crosses and some say only 25% stable. That means there's only a 25% you're going to get a plant with all the phenotypes you're looking for.

Yeah could be something like that kitten, i did read an article somewhere that said there were variations within the strain....whatever that means?
They do only have one main cola, the side flowers are very small. am tempted to cut off the main cola of the first harvested to weigh it....but i read it's best to leave the plant intact for the chemical changes to take place? will weigh it all up when dry anyway....think i will be lucky to get half oz of the first one.:) but .....its my first grow and i grew my own weed without even using soil!!!! except one of them. so im happy.....got free weed.:aok:

Not enough lighting bro! P.m. back if you have any other questions. I'm good with LR's

Latest posts

Back