Lst

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IKE

Reaction score
I haven't done yet this but I watched some Youtube videos on it - I noticed they take off the lower branches' leaves but not the branches - why?
My thought is if you want to focus on bigger - more colas, why keep the branches - aren't they using nutrients that could be going to your higher canopy area where the LST focus is? Thanks!

Not sure what you watched, but you might read the LST section stickied in these forums. LST isn't about taking branches, it's about tying the plant down in a way to keep it growing tight and short....imho. You sound to be describing "lollipopping".

I personally have found utube vids on MJ to be mainly false info posted mostly to feed the ego of the poster not to actually teach or provide accurate info. As Roddy pointed out there are many fantastic aticles on LST here at MPassion. If you were interested in learning this amazing technique, you've come to the right place! Search 'lst' and you will find many fine examples of members' lst grows and the methods they follow.

Solanero said:
I personally have found utube vids on MJ to be mainly false info posted mostly to feed the ego of the poster not to actually teach or provide accurate info..
:rofl:... I particularly like the basketball shots. Over three sky scrapers, off a city bus,... "nuthin' but NET!"...

you're right - that's lolipoping, not LST.
So with lolipoping do you take off the lower branches too? Thanks - sorry for the mistake!

It is never a good idea to take off leaves without removing the branches. I have never seen anything that recommends taking off the leaves when lollipopping and leaving the branches?

I'm with Solanero on the You Tube videos.

in LSTing you remove leaves not branches because when growing a plant side ways the branches produce bud sites that grow upwards...sum leaves grow downward toward the soil..you MUST remove these leaves cause they rest on the damp soil clumping together blocking air flow and staying damp, causing mold/fungi(PM=Powdery Mildew)..Lst has your main stem 1/2-3/4 of an inch off the soil. NOT much room..in other words, branches produce buds..sum leaves if left alone produces PM...I speak from my own experiences THIS current grow of mine....

Latest posts

Back