LTE from JuztBudz

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jb247

JuztBudz
Reaction score

reputation_pos.gif

Lte
The Brighton Area Compassion Club will meet again, at the Brighton City Library on Sunday, June 7th, at 1:30 p.m. Hope to see many new faces and, of course, all of our regular members.

I would like to relate a story to you all. Jerry _ is a local steel worker, has paid his taxes regularly, raised two fine children, loves his wife and extended family. Two years ago Jerry was involved in an auto accident that caused him to lose his job, he had a severe back injury and was forced to start taking Oxycoton and Valium to relieve the constant pain. He has had two surgeries, fusing several of his vertabrae, and as the years added up, so did his need for more of the pain killers.

Pain killers not only kill pain, they also kill the spirit of a person. Continued use will change a person in many, many ways. They become withdrawn from family and society as a whole. The toll on us all is multiple. As I've walked thru this life, I've run into many folks like Jerry and seen families fall apart, be literally torn apart, by these drugs. Then some kind soul introduces a person like Jerry to the wonders of a simple plant. Cannabis therapy can make such a huge difference in the lives of so many. When I introduced Jerry to cannabis therapy he was quite mean spirited and about to give up on life altogether. Two weeks of the therapy later and Jerry had cut his use of standard pain killers in half. He actually could see the light at the end of this long narrowing tunnel. His first session, using cannabis was amazing, you could literally see this huge weight be lifted from his shoulders. And each subsequent treatment had similar results. Eventually, Jerry started becoming the Jerry of old. He smiled, he came out of his shell, he laughed and joked and started looking forward to facing each new day!

Since Jerry's "recovery", he is seeing the world thru new eyes, and it is a better world for him. For that I thank the compassionate people of Michigan, without your kindness, I would have never dared to venture out and assist all the Jerry's of the world. Jerry's wife and children have all approached me and thanked me for bringing the real Jerry back to them. They are beginning to see a better relationship is possible, that life can be made better. This is my only real pay-off in all of this, to bring these folks out of the crazy world of "drug abuse" and into the world of cannabis therapy. I've seen this scenario played out repeatedly, and it is consistant, the improvement in these peoples lives.

Please, if any of you have a person like Jerry in your lives, someone who lives in constant pain and has gone thru the long road of misery that "pain killers" can bring, please have them attend a compassion club meeting. There is hope!

Peace...Doug Orton...aka j.b.

This is one part of what I have been doing lately...I am having a ball hosting the CC and meeting all of the "Jerry's" that have recently come into my life. The Michigan Medical Marijuana Act is now officially one month old and is touching so many lives. We have approximately 800 "carded" users, and the MDCH says there are about 1700 more recommendations "in the pipe-line", mine included. I should have my card within the next month. The perks of this job are the thanks that I recieve from loved ones who see a glimmer of hope in what was once a "hopeless" situation. That, and the many new friends I am gaining. It is an exciting time for me. Thank you to all who have helped me to become what I am today, an adequate grower. Without the fine folks here I could never have done many of the things that I am able to do for all of the "Jerry's" that have come into my life since the inception of Michigan's Medical Marijuana Act, now nearly a month old.

Peace...j.b.

jb247 said:

reputation_pos.gif

Lte
The Brighton Area Compassion Club will meet again, at the Brighton City Library on Sunday, June 7th, at 1:30 p.m. Hope to see many new faces and, of course, all of our regular members.

I would like to relate a story to you all. Jerry _ is a local steel worker, has paid his taxes regularly, raised two fine children, loves his wife and extended family. Two years ago Jerry was involved in an auto accident that caused him to lose his job, he had a severe back injury and was forced to start taking Oxycoton and Valium to relieve the constant pain. He has had two surgeries, fusing several of his vertabrae, and as the years added up, so did his need for more of the pain killers.

Pain killers not only kill pain, they also kill the spirit of a person. Continued use will change a person in many, many ways. They become withdrawn from family and society as a whole. The toll on us all is multiple. As I've walked thru this life, I've run into many folks like Jerry and seen families fall apart, be literally torn apart, by these drugs. Then some kind soul introduces a person like Jerry to the wonders of a simple plant. Cannabis therapy can make such a huge difference in the lives of so many. When I introduced Jerry to cannabis therapy he was quite mean spirited and about to give up on life altogether. Two weeks of the therapy later and Jerry had cut his use of standard pain killers in half. He actually could see the light at the end of this long narrowing tunnel. His first session, using cannabis was amazing, you could literally see this huge weight be lifted from his shoulders. And each subsequent treatment had similar results. Eventually, Jerry started becoming the Jerry of old. He smiled, he came out of his shell, he laughed and joked and started looking forward to facing each new day!

Since Jerry's "recovery", he is seeing the world thru new eyes, and it is a better world for him. For that I thank the compassionate people of Michigan, without your kindness, I would have never dared to venture out and assist all the Jerry's of the world. Jerry's wife and children have all approached me and thanked me for bringing the real Jerry back to them. They are beginning to see a better relationship is possible, that life can be made better. This is my only real pay-off in all of this, to bring these folks out of the crazy world of "drug abuse" and into the world of cannabis therapy. I've seen this scenario played out repeatedly, and it is consistant, the improvement in these peoples lives.

Please, if any of you have a person like Jerry in your lives, someone who lives in constant pain and has gone thru the long road of misery that "pain killers" can bring, please have them attend a compassion club meeting. There is hope!

Peace...Doug Orton...aka j.b.

This is one part of what I have been doing lately...I am having a ball hosting the CC and meeting all of the "Jerry's" that have recently come into my life. The Michigan Medical Marijuana Act is now officially one month old and is touching so many lives. We have approximately 800 "carded" users, and the MDCH says there are about 1700 more recommendations "in the pipe-line", mine included. I should have my card within the next month. The perks of this job are the thanks that I recieve from loved ones who see a glimmer of hope in what was once a "hopeless" situation. That, and the many new friends I am gaining. It is an exciting time for me. Thank you to all who have helped me to become what I am today, an adequate grower. Without the fine folks here I could never have done many of the things that I am able to do for all of the "Jerry's" that have come into my life since the inception of Michigan's Medical Marijuana Act, now nearly a month old.

Peace...j.b.

Great job. Keep fighting for what u believe in.

Latest posts

Back