Maine?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snuggles

I was there...he inhaled
Reaction score
As many of you know I got in a little legal trouble again...nothing to do with growing LOL. Well I'm sick of my area PA, and was wondering what is Maine like? Cost of living? Jobs? Laws? etc. It sounds like it may be my new home LOL, well at least I'm looking I have to get out of this horrible quaker state, seems like everyone on the map around us is changing and we just get tougher and I've had it...help LOL:D

I lived in Burlington VT for a while and that place is awesome, very very nice there.

snuggles thats funny down souths same way keeps getin stricter n stricter for personell use and dealing jsut its unfair.. all these other states getin medical or it decriminalized... go to NORML and check all of the state laws, oops didnt see some one posted it already... i think cali, new york, and alaska got lightest laws for medical and decriminalized... im in same sitiuation kinda no legal trouble just tired of where i live and laws are unfair... ide settle for any state with medical at this point,...

Hey Snuggles- Maine's a beautiful state- I vacation there often. Cold though, depending on how far in and up you go. Big difference between coast and inland as far as cost of living, employment, etc.
Haven't heard anything yet? I'm praying that this goes away for you my friend, like it never happened. Good luck.

hey snuggles, we looked at Maine (all new england decrim states in fact) but it came down to we couldn't afford to live there and reports from locals regarding employment were terrible (no jobs,people getting laid off left and right,etc) which is why we decided on NC. if you use city-data, remember the forums are a better resource than the data pages. the forums are locals or past inhabitants and are fairly up to date but the data pages are out of date by at least 3 years. they're based on old census data and in todays economy are mostly useless.

good luck where ever you go,darlin! if we could afford to move to the west coast we would, NC was the best we could do on the east coast :)

Nothing but love for PA...nothing but love...LOL

As some of you know, I left PA earlier this year and I moved to Rhode Island. The government here appears to be very "pro-med mj" and the atmosphere in general seems friendly enough, but the cost of living is ridiculously high, so it also appears that one pays for a little bit of freedom (no surprise there).

I visit Maine numerous times a year - and yes, the employment situation isn't good at all and it's cold as a ***** in winter (they hold sled dog races!) On the flip side tho', it's beautiful there too (I never really did stop being a country girl) and if you were independently wealthy, I could tell you about some roads that go for miles and you woudn't see a soul but the beautiful nature around you... (I'm waxing poetic - guess you know what I'm doing! LOL) I REALLY wish I could get a cheesesteak, or a slice (they aparently don't do that here), or watch Comcast Sportsnite... (I digress... )

Anyway - why can't enough reasonable people get together and form a commune or something! Buy a sizable patch of earth somewhere (land is pretty inexpensive in many parts of Maine) or (in a Utopian world Northern Cali) and let each other live! It may not happen tomorrow, but have we lost touch with the ability to be sensible and get along in the real world with people of like mind and spirit?? I can say that there are a few people here who would be welcome to share a "peace-pipe" with me. :)

hear hear,Dad! i've been saying we should start a commune to hubby for years,lol..me, you, snuggles and anyone else who wants to escape :p

MamaGreen said:
hear hear,Dad! i've been saying we should start a commune to hubby for years,lol..me, you, snuggles and anyone else who wants to escape :p

I've got the jeep ready!!

Seriously tho', I've thought about it. That or moving out of the country entirely. I may not be sure of the details yet, but I intend to be somewhere that will allow me to live without the possibility of persecution because of a wonderful little plant.

Dadgumit said:
I've got the jeep ready!!

Seriously tho', I've thought about it. That or moving out of the country entirely. I may not be sure of the details yet, but I intend to be somewhere that will allow me to live without the possibility of persecution because of a wonderful little plant.

Leaving the country is hard from what I read, well when I get my "papers" and know what I'm up against I can also talk to my lawyer about leaving LOL. Mama what's this paladin stuff? And Dadgumit I'm sorry I thought I was talking to a man sorry silly me.:p

MamaGreen said:

Is there gonna be lots of free love and hippy chick orgies? If so I'm in!!!!

snuggles said:
And Dadgumit I'm sorry I thought I was talking to a man sorry silly me.:p

:rofl: MAYBE MY COVER IS WORKING TOO WELL!!

I admit, I'm a bit atypical - I'm more like a cross between Hillary Clinton and Charles Barkley (but with much more sex appeal!!!) LOL

Dadgumit said:
:rofl: MAYBE MY COVER IS WORKING TOO WELL!!

I admit, I'm a bit atypical - I'm more like a cross between Hillary Clinton and Charles Barkley (but with much more sex appeal!!!) LOL

A pile of rocks has more sex appeal then that combo. LOL:D

Either this is some really good **** or yous guys are very funny tonight!...

i don't know about orgies,what with children and all living there...but how about compassionate growing,bonfire toking and a lot of hugging? :p

snuggles said:
As many of you know I got in a little legal trouble again...nothing to do with growing LOL. Well I'm sick of my area PA, and was wondering what is Maine like? Cost of living? Jobs? Laws? etc. It sounds like it may be my new home LOL, well at least I'm looking I have to get out of this horrible quaker state, seems like everyone on the map around us is changing and we just get tougher and I've had it...help LOL:D

Maine, the way life should be - that's their motto.

Med users just need verbal from their doctor, can have up to 2.5 ounces and grow 6 plants but only 3 to maturity. Regular users only get a fine like a traffic ticket for up to 2.5 ounces.
Maine has a beautiful coast, nice mountains, higher cost of living but well worth it. So. Maine is very progressive, Portland is like a small Boston almost, plenty of clubs ect., oh, it almost sounds like i live here, i mean there. :p

Let's all meet in Rangely this summer!

Latest posts

Back