Making your own pH-up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kebnekajse

I also play the bass.
Reaction score
I bought some deionised water ( basically the same as distilled, right?) for my plants after a few different people adviced me to do so. But the pH, wich is supposed to be neutral, is very low, 5-5,5. Is it a good idea to take 2-3 dl and boil some eggshells in it to get a pretty strong base with which I can raise the pH in the rest of the water?

Would be nice not to have to buy pH-up from a store.

Thanks for caring

/kebnekajse

Well, perfect for hydro, but for soil it should be a bit higher. Or so I've heard. But I'm pretty new to this, so I might very well be wrong.

Thanks for a, hopefully, good advice on pH for watering water.

/kebnekajse

Is this PH reading before or after adding your nutes?

British hippie:

I have already seen it, but thanks for tip and my compliments for a well written guide on pH. It's the part that says "If you understand what you are doing, you can use them instead of buying PH-up and PH-down solutions" that makes me wonder. But on second glance I noticed that you only have to know what you are doing when you are using hydro,;), so I will go with the eggshell method and aim for 6,7.

Thanks for the tip, but I'm not quite sure what the thread has to do with different methods of raising pH, perhaps I'm a bit dumb.

Oh yeah, I'm a toker.

/kebnekajse

they say don't use hydrgen peroxide in soil only in hydro grow.

Latest posts

Back