Male Hermie?? i.e. mainly male with white pistils?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Strawberry Cough

Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard of this?

A male plant clearly because of the balls that were forming. 2 weeks later one sees white pistils also start to form between/among the male ball pollen sacs?

What to do? This is not a usual "female" hermie - it is male that I wanted for breeding. Are these pistils female flowers forming, or do males also have white pistils as part of their flower colas?

Strawberry Cough said:
Has anyone ever heard of this?

A male plant clearly because of the balls that were forming. 2 weeks later one sees white pistils also start to form between/among the male ball pollen sacs?

What to do? This is not a usual "female" hermie - it is male that I wanted for breeding. Are these pistils female flowers forming, or do males also have white pistils as part of their flower colas?
A nice, clear closeup photo would really help...

The thing you have is a male hermi to female. I had one this season, I also wanted to keep a male for breeding but killed this one I had. I also had females in that batch of seeds go hermi to male. I killed those two. Of the 4 seeds I got one good female, and I have been watching her like a hawk all season, not to easy now that she is over seven feet tall. So keep an eye on that plants siblings.
Male flowers do not form pistles.
Oh and what StoneyBud said too.

I didn't know that male plants could grow (edit) pistils....wow...learn something new every day! I'd say kill it, crossdressing plants aren't welcome ;)

hello,how long time you anderstand male marijuana?

Male and female MJ both can be intersexed. Usually this is caused by geneitics and/or issue with environmental controll. With-out knowing the genetics it's hard to say what the issue is. It sounds like your basic "hermie ", male to female. This more commonly occurs the other way around. If your not looking for seeds or pollen I'd kill it now - if you are - this plant will probably produce more "hermies" in it's gene pool so I'd kill it anyway. Best of luck............

thanks my friend for the answer but, I wanted to learn in who month you distinguish that they is male or female?

Latest posts

Back