Male plant in flower.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberquest

Junior GreenThumb
Reaction score
this is runt from my grow journals, its been in flower for 9 days and revealed his sex after the second day:mad: just wanted to post some pics of it with male in the topic title so when people search for male plant in the search it will bring it up.
there is only one other plant in there with him so i am letting him stay in there for now.

QUESTION: will he produce any bud at all? my friend told me he would get like one bud on the top but it wont be very high in THC, this true?

000_0259.jpg

000_0260.jpg

000_0261.jpg

000_0262.jpg

000_0263.jpg

hey cyber what is that shiny material u are using for your growth and where would i be able to pick that up????

its mylar and can be found at any store that sells hydro stuff. ebay would be a great place to look.

"Shake and Bake CQ"
i just got 100ft for $15 they are shouting down a hydro shop in my area

look at it, its starting to get white hairs!!!!! nobody ever answered my question if it will get a top cola or not :(

top.jpg

top2.jpg

closeup.jpg

come on you experienced growers tell me why my male plant is getting white hairs on him. i see no othere signs of it having any female parts, so i rulled out hermie but maybe i am wrong.
if he is a hermie i am gonna let him go full term! i just got to move him before his sacks go POP!

cyberquest said:
come on you experienced growers tell me why my male plant is getting white hairs on him. i see no othere signs of it having any female parts, so i rulled out hermie but maybe i am wrong.
if he is a hermie i am gonna let him go full term! i just got to move him before his sacks go POP!

hermie or male u want it gone

cyberquest said:
come on you experienced growers tell me why my male plant is getting white hairs on him. i see no othere signs of it having any female parts, so i ruled out Hermie but maybe i am wrong.
if he is a Hermie i am gonna let him go full term! i just got to move him before his sacks go POP!

Take an exacto knife and trim one of those "sacs" off the stem gently and take it out of the room. Put it on a damp piece of linen and cut it open.

Tell me what you see, or take a pic for me. REAL close, but clear.

Thanks

If it's full of pollen, just gently turn the corners of the damp linen over it and get rid of it and the plant unless you want a crapload of seeds.

If it's full of resin and no pollen, then you have a lady, not a gent.

The reason I'm asking you to do this is because male flowers *usually* have a bulbous head on top of a relatively obvious stalk. Those in your pic don't appear to have a stalk. If the "sac" is connected directly to the stalk, it's a good chance it's a female with some really strange looking flowers. I'll have to read back in your post to see what you've done, if it turns out to be a lady.

After looking at it really close, I think its hermie. You should get some bud off that thing but unless you do as stoney said, you will have lots of seed, hermie seed that you will want to throw away. Those are no doubt pollen sacs.

ill get ya some pics stoney, i pulled on off the other day and popped it with my fingers (not around the other plant) and it was a white milky looking substance.

you know stoney i am stumped at this point man, the one i took off the other day had whiteish liquid stuff inside, this one i pulled odd had started to open up! and when i cut it in half its got nothing inside it!
and the pods are right on the stalk man, i fogot to snap pics of them let me go back and get some more.
this was as clear as i could get them.
pod.jpg

pod2.jpg

top.jpg

top2.jpg

this one isnt that good, but look a little to the left its focused on the one in the background.
plant.jpg

and i amazed myself with this shot!
closeup.jpg

If that isn't a male then it is the queerist female i've ever seen. I'll guarentee you will regret keepin that around if u keep it.

if it is a hermie kade i would probably build something real quick and let it finish flowering. there is only one other plant in the flower room with this one but i dont wanna have to scrub the closet down with bleach either.

this is my first plant so its hard to let it go you know. if its a hermie i am gonna let it go full term just to see it. its my baby, its what started this whole growin thing and made me invest in good lights.

you know stoney my brother might have just thought about something that might have effected it. when we painted the closet, i was so excited that night cause i got the new HPS light i couldnt wait to get it in there, heck i think the paint was still sticky when we put it in there. could this of had any effect on the plant from the massive amounts of paint fumes? cause it smelled like paint in my room for like a week, and that plant was in there the whole time. only thing i can think of if for some strange reason its some retarded female or something.

cyberquest said:
you know stoney my brother might have just thought about something that might have effected it. when we painted the closet, i was so excited that night cause i got the new HPS light i couldnt wait to get it in there, heck i think the paint was still sticky when we put it in there. could this of had any effect on the plant from the massive amounts of paint fumes? cause it smelled like paint in my room for like a week, and that plant was in there the whole time. only thing i can think of if for some strange reason its some retarded female or something.
I don't think that's what caused your plant to hermie cyberquest. Some plants just hermie and your plant is full blown IMHO. I would have to go with the plants genetics on this one. I forget cyberquest is this bagseed?

Yep, you've got yourself a Hermie man. Any seeds you get from it are going to produce Hermies as well.

My best advice is to do as you said and finish it in another room or just toss it out.

Bummer.

Latest posts

Back