Male Plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyJane

Reaction score
Well, Hi there everyone! This year, my girlfriend and I planted 6 plants in the backyard.

We're both clueless about growing successfully. Right now, the two tallest plants look totally male. We're hoping to get pictures to show, just to make sure..but from everything I saw, they're male.

So, I have a question.. I know the males will ruin the females with seeds. But, isn't the marijuana produced from the males good enough to smoke too? I was contiplating making oil, but honestly, I think I'm too lazy.

The neighbors have some enormous plants (outside), and I'm worried that I might be messing up their crop if I just let them grow.

Should we just yank them out and hope the 4 little plants are female? Is it useless to just let them grow?

Thanks!

the male plants can pollenate a female up to a mile away depending on conditions, insects , wind and so forth, conditions like a bee carrying pollen to other plants is the best way to describe it .good lk

OK,
so we know that D1 is correct in what he says about the pollinating. A bee will travel up to 20 miles just to find food. Your nieghbor is at risk from your males if that's what they are. I'm hoping that you come up with all females.
Problem is if you got all females and they are outdoors, then you might get pollen from the nieghbor if they got any males. Round and round.
I wouldn't pull them just yet, wait and see what you got then decide.
pics will be nice to see.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Welcome to MP LJ. Glad to have ya here and look foward to seeing pics of your grow. Enjoy the site and hope to see ya around. ;)

Welcome,theres alot of good people on here and alot of very good info to be had and shared.Hope to see you around:dancing:

Hi everyone! Thanks for the replies.

Wellll...a lot has changed. My neighbor was busted a few days ago, the sheriff came and pulled 26 plants!! They were enormous plants. They got off with a $25 ticket.
So, I'm not worried about pollinating their plants anymore!!

I pulled 3 males. So the remaining 4 are females. A friend gave me two big females and they're beautiful!! Apparently, he met a girlfriend and wanted to move, so he dug up his plants and left. They're really nice, and way better than mine (since he started before me).

I have another question. These two that are new to me were delivered in 2 3 gallon buckets. Can they grow in the buckets, or should I put them in the ground again? I'm only worried because of all the trauma, one of the biggest branches broke in transport. :hairpull:

I would like to keep them in the buckets if I could, but is that enough room for it to grow?

I will try and get pictures if I can.. I'm really new to this. Thanks in advance everyone!!

Latest posts

Back