Many hairs, little bud.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSwest

Reaction score
I have two Siver Pearls at 7 weeks, two days into flower. The strain itself is a very skinny, tall and many long arm branches. On each of these arms, as I call them, there are many bud formations with white hairs pretty much all along each branch, yet there is no real bud formation. Not a lot of experience here, can anyone tell me if this is normal or not? Tri's are all still pretty clear, not too many spots to look at, trichome production isn't that great on this strain. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks, SS

IMG_1509.jpg

IMG_1510.jpg

IMG_1495.jpg

Sounds like an awesome strain from what I've just read on the net. Sadly, you should be harvesting right now and I don't see any signs of that happening by the pictures. What are your temps like? Maybe you don't have enough light and the plant is taking longer to mature...

What are you using for lights? Tell us a bit about your set up?

ummm.... I take it you mean you vegged for 7 weeks, so if it's only 2 days into flowering, no wonder you don't have big fruit production... it's gotta flower for a while for the fruit to grow.

That crazy vancouver guy said:
ummm.... I take it you mean you vegged for 7 weeks, so if it's only 2 days into flowering, no wonder you don't have big fruit production... it's gotta flower for a while for the fruit to grow.

Some kinda of typo, but its gotta be more than 2 days flowering or im going to be growin that.

250w HPS is being used for around 4 sq. ft. of room. Temps are cooler, don't have any tempometer, yea just made that word up, but not hot at all. The two silver pearls have been in flower for 7 weeks 2 days, so just under 8 weeks. My bubblelicious thats in the same cab is at 6 weeks along and is full of fruit, yet this silver pearl is struggling to finish. Let me know if you need any more info.

I WAS using the fox farm nutes, grow big tiger and big bloom as directed, but its been all fresh water for about 10 days now.

IMO it looks like not enough light and your girls are taking longer to finish off, from the pic that grow space looks bigger than 2ftx2ft (4sq ft) but if you say so ill buy it. the 250 HPS puts out about 20k lumen and thats just right for a 4sq ft area how far from the tops do you have your light.

I heard silver pearl was naturally skinny but id go with Dubbaman, that is not a 4sq ft area and you don't have enough lumen's more then likely :( . Either that or you had ALLOT of stretching during vegetation and flowering, which caused the nodes ta get kinda widely separated, producing less bud sites wiff smaller buds. The stems seem a bit thin, what are you using for air-flow if any?

my missunderstanding.... ya... it looks like the girls are just taking longer to produce than your other strain. give it time... it'll do it's thing....and ya... your grow area looks a little lacking in the light department.

Dubbaman said:
IMO it looks like not enough light and your girls are taking longer to finish off, from the pic that grow space looks bigger than 2ftx2ft (4sq ft) but if you say so ill buy it. the 250 HPS puts out about 20k lumen and thats just right for a 4sq ft area how far from the tops do you have your light.

that portion of my cabinet measure 32" x 20" with a hieght of 65". So just over 4 sq ft. I was already looking into a 400w HPS this morning and now you guys are backing that interest. Looks like an upgrade coming. Anyone want to buy a 7 week old 250w HPS light? lol. Thanks for the input ya'll. Oh and my tops are just about in my reflector, if anything too close. The lowest area is only about 12-14" from the light.

just give it time bro marijuana sometimes takes longer to finish up plus that strain looks 110% SATIVA so just give it time and you will be fine:D

but its gotta be more than 2 days flowering or im going to be growin that.

No doubt...I was thinking the very same thing. However, I've been reading some on this strain anyways because of some of it's early maturing qualities. =)

The answer to my own question: Could have been several of things, 1. my 250w HPS might not being doing the job as well as I'd like, I'm right on the edge of room for this light. 2. There may have been a slight lockout going on, plants were still healthy, but after my flush things are looking much better. Both have begun to pack on the wieght and now the stregth in this strain is starting to show, I just hope they keep gaining wieght like they are.

good to hear that things are looking up man MOJO for them girls.

Latest posts

Back