Marijuana or mushrooms what's your favorite?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did get on one of the mushroom forums and asked about the uncle bens tec. I got a lot of different advice. Some say they use it often while others say not to. The ones that did not use it really trashed it saying it was just a fast lazy way to get started and that you should sterilize your own grain. The ones that use it said why do all that work when you can buy the bag cheaper, and it is already sterilized. It really started a feud. I slowly kind dropped out and watched the fireworks. Does that make me an instigator. Dam I almost felt Quilty. (almost)

Anyone have a good recommendation for spores? I am looking at kits as well that sound like they take a lot of the steps out of the process. They sell sealed bags with substrate and grain where you inject the spores in and they grow in the bag. 1st timer here…

If you can get perfect condition fresh mushroom, taking small samples and putting them in agar dishes is WAY faster than waiting on spores. Does anyone out there sell mycelium?

Mycelium is the same thing as mushroom, just the mushroom is compressed mycelium. Pieces of it in agar quickly turn to fuzz. You can only clone so many times, then you need to start over.

Bubba

Anyone have a good recommendation for spores? I am looking at kits as well that sound like they take a lot of the steps out of the process. They sell sealed bags with substrate and grain where you inject the spores in and they grow in the bag. 1st timer here…
Have you looked at the uncle bens tek Fogey? There is a lot on YouTube Here is one that I am following.

Have you looked at the uncle bens tek Fogey? There is a lot on YouTube Here is one that I am following.

Yes. I watched a couple of videos about it. I am not planning on growing a lot of mushrooms though. The contamination thing kind of creeps me out. The Uncle Ben tek looks like there is more chances for contamination especially when transferring from the rice bag to the box. The kits look like you inoculate the bag and the mushrooms sprout and grow in the same sealed environment. I may be misinformed but that just seems more fool-proof. The kit I am looking at says you can get a quarter pound(dry) out of a single grow. That is more than I anticipate getting but if I got an ounce(dry), the simplicity would be worth the $45 kit(plus ~$25 for the spores).

Yes. I watched a couple of videos about it. I am not planning on growing a lot of mushrooms though. The contamination thing kind of creeps me out. The Uncle Ben tek looks like there is more chances for contamination especially when transferring from the rice bag to the box. The kits look like you inoculate the bag and the mushrooms sprout and grow in the same sealed environment. I may be misinformed but that just seems more fool-proof. The kit I am looking at says you can get a quarter pound(dry) out of a single grow. That is more than I anticipate getting but if I got an ounce(dry), the simplicity would be worth the $45 kit(plus ~$25 for the spores).
Yes I’ve seen those too. Just more expensive for my first grow. I’ve never tried shrooms before but always wanted to. If I like them I will go a different route next time and make my own stuff. It doesn’t look any harder than growing weed.

Yes I’ve seen those too. Just more expensive for my first grow. I’ve never tried shrooms before but always wanted to. If I like them I will go a different route next time and make my own stuff. It doesn’t look any harder than growing weed.
Growing weed for me is a hobby at this point. I am not planning on growing mushrooms as a hobby so I just want something easy. I just want a supply to micro dose with. An ounce is 28 grams so if I take 250 micrograms per dose, that would be over 100 doses. That is about a year supply of I dose every 3 days.

After reading some of the 1 star reviews of the product I was looking at, I am a bit skeptical. The vendor has a YouTube channel that made me even more skeptical. There are no ‘start to finish’ or any ‘finished’ examples. I guess I am back to Uncle Ben tek…

This video fills in some of the blanks for me. Are there any others you folks would recommend?

This video fills in some of the blanks for me. Are there any others you folks would recommend?

I watched hers too. any of the shoebox Teks are good and seem to take you thru the process without a huge invest ment. Perhaps stuff you have around the house.
I got one of those little blow up houses like in the video you posted. It was 25.00 and came with all the plugs for fruiting process. Hopefully I will see some mycelium soon.

I watched hers too. any of the shoebox Teks are good and seem to take you thru the process without a huge invest ment. Perhaps stuff you have around the house.
I got one of those little blow up houses like in the video you posted. It was 25.00 and came with all the plugs for fruiting process. Hopefully I will see some mycelium soon.
This man’s video looks pretty good too if you can tune out the ‘music’…

🤣🤣🤣 I’ve watched several of his and admit not watching due to the music…
He actually did one with the all-in-one grow bag. He cheated though and put the cake in a fruiting dome after he saw a bunch of side pins. Pretty nice harvest though.

I’ve seen them done in the all in one bag but i didn’t like the outcome so much although they did grow. I think you would get a lot nicer grow at least going with the shoebox method. You can buy a good substrate mix like I did so you don’t have to worry about that. It came in a kit with instructions on mixing it just right.

Latest posts

Back