marijuana smell in the house

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffca

Reaction score
i live in a master bedroom with other people in the house. if i have an open window some of the time and a fan, will this smell up the entire house?

even if i use odor stuff?

is the smell just bad in the flowering stage or throughout the whole life of it?

Aurora_Indicas_Dad said:
we use carbon filters to keep the smell down.the scent and how strong it is,depends on the strain your tryin to grow.

what are some less strongly scented strains, and do you know where to find a carbon filter?

thanks man

check out the diy part of the forum.dltoker posted a good homemade one. as far as strains go, i was just checkin out www.dope-seeds.com and they had a section of seeds that are all strains that dont smell as much as some other strains. i've heard white widiw is a good strain to grow if worried about the scent. somebody else in here will probably beable to help you more on that topic. when it comes to obtaining seeds,id recommend orderin from seedboutique.com,nirvana-shop.com,marijuana-seeds.nl, and/or drchronic.com

the best thing i could recommend you to do is read,read,and read some moer through the threads to obtain as much knowledge as possible about our hobby. hope this helps ya out-peace

jeffca said:
is the smell just bad in the flowering stage or throughout the whole life of it?

Only during flowering. There is no smell during veg.

That crazy vancouver guy said:
pot smells the whole time... a distinctive smell... but it REALLY smells when flowering... any strain

I don't know. Mine had a very slight odor if I put my nose right up to them, but nothing I could smell from even a foot away.

there IS a smell during veg... you are probably accustomed to it, but it DOES smell, just no where near what it does during flowering.

I'd know if there was a smell. Mine are in a closet of my bedroom where I spend most of my day, and there is no smell. Even 4 weeks into flowering, the buds are getting quite big, but there still is really no smell. I don't think MJ plants start to smell until the start to develop trichromes. When the glands start producing resin, that is where the smell comes from. Not the leaves and stalks and growth tips. I'm on my first grow, so maybe other strains are much more smelly, but the random strains I'm growing have no smell at all at this point, to speak of.

Albrecht said:
I'd know if there was a smell. Mine are in a closet of my bedroom where I spend most of my day, and there is no smell.

I'm telling u... there IS a smell during veg... and because you are in your bedroom most of the day, you are accustomed to the smell... leave your room for a couple days... and go back in there and tell me u don't smell it...

I'm sure someone else here will back me up on this

I'm telling u... there IS a smell during veg... and because you are in your bedroom most of the day, you are accustomed to the smell... leave your room for a couple days... and go back in there and tell me u don't smell it...

OK dude, you know better than I do how my room smells. :rolleyes:

edit: tcvg, the point you're missing is that the OP is worried about the smell being strong enough to waft through the entire house. The smell an MJ plant produces during veg and early into flowering is not strong enough to fill the whole house (from my experience it's not even strong enough to fill my bedroom). From what I read, because I haven't gotten to this stage in my own grow yet, once the plants really start to kick into flower mode, the smell definitely IS strong enough to fill the whole house. But not until later in the flowering stage. That is the relevant bit of info for the OP, not whether it smells at all during veg.

k, man... invite someone into your room that doesn't live in your house and tell me if they smell anything...

I won't invite anyone into my house, even when I'm vegging, that I don't trust... go stick your nose in your plant during veg and tell me it doesn't smell... cuz mine do during veg... and I smoke cigarettes, so my sniffer sucks.

better yet... let a cop into your bedroom... and see how long u will be growing after the fact

k, man... invite someone into your room that doesn't live in your house and tell me if they smell anything...

I won't invite anyone into my house, even when I'm vegging, that I don't trust... go stick your nose in your plant during veg and tell me it doesn't smell... cuz mine do during veg... and I smoke cigarettes, so my sniffer sucks.

better yet... let a cop into your bedroom... and see how long u will be growing after the fact

I've had a maid, a cable install guy, and my mom in my room, and nobody noticed a thing. Anyways, read my edit, you're kind of missing the point. ;)

I have no comment.... he asked if it SMELLED AT ALL... it DOES, and I informed him of that... in a previous post, I metioned that it did smell, just not like it did during flowering... YOU stated it DID NOT smell during veg... it DOES. this is a FACT.

I have no comment.... he asked if it SMELLED AT ALL... it DOES, and I informed him of that... in a previous post, I metioned that it did smell, just not like it did during flowering... YOU stated it DID NOT smell during veg... it DOES. this is a FACT.

jeffca said:
i live in a master bedroom with other people in the house. if i have an open window some of the time and a fan, will this smell up the entire house?

even if i use odor stuff?

It was obvious, to me at least, what his question was...

Anyways, jeffca, you won't have to worry about the smell until your plants really kick into flower mode.

ive had plants that didnt smell,then i've had some that did during veg.its not anything a lil glade plug in fan cant take care of during veg,but during flowering,expecially the last few weeks of flowering,be prepared for a strong odor. sometimes its the medium you smell during veg,rather than the plant itself.if its an earthy smell,then its your nutes/grow medium. if its musty or skunky,its you baby.

I grow out doors with tomatos plants around my Sativas & you still can smell the MJ.

My house smells like a MJ factory!

So IMO It smells! and IT SMELLS GOOD!

maybe its the strains ive grown; snow cap, bubba kush, grandaddy purp, unknown purp, and grape ape...but they all smelled all of the time. i got two veggin in my bathroom shower( yeah,i know ) now, and when the lights go out the smell really gets strong for first couple hours. heck, even the clones i cut smell when i open up the dome...but its probably just the strains

Albrecht said:
I'd know if there was a smell. Mine are in a closet of my bedroom where I spend most of my day, and there is no smell. Even 4 weeks into flowering, the buds are getting quite big, but there still is really no smell. I don't think MJ plants start to smell until the start to develop trichromes. When the glands start producing resin, that is where the smell comes from. Not the leaves and stalks and growth tips. I'm on my first grow, so maybe other strains are much more smelly, but the random strains I'm growing have no smell at all at this point, to speak of.

what strain are you growing? i heard certain strains don't smell as much.

Latest posts

Back