Mars Hydro FC-E 6500 has failed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HPS is a far superior system despite what the sales people and fanboys say ime.
Thats what I used previously, 600 watt hortilux. Still have the set up with cool tube, but the heat is my problem where my grow is. Its bad enough with LEDs. The FC-E 6500 did everything it did and more. I still would use the HPS, but for the heat issue. Summer grows would not happen. Winter grows were bordering on too hot without A/C. The led got pretty hot this summer but it was doable. Winter is no problem, sometimes have to add heat at lights off time.

Bubba

I prefer the old HPS as well but when you run four of those raptors at 1000 W each in a room you have a serious heat problem…
I run 8 usually 4 on 4 off in the flower room.
Nice thing about here is I just crack a couple windows for 9 months a year.
The other 3 they just grow in the heat which is ok they can take it.

Thats what I used previously, 600 watt hortilux. Still have the set up with cool tube, but the heat is my problem where my grow is. Its bad enough with LEDs. The FC-E 6500 did everything it did and more. I still would use the HPS, but for the heat issue. Summer grows would not happen. Winter grows were bordering on too hot without A/C. The led got pretty hot this summer but it was doable. Winter is no problem, sometimes have to add heat at lights off time.

Bubba
Yes same here
I stopped using them when I had a MH bulb explode or pop
I was in room cleaning turned my back and poof, was hot enough to start some paper towels I was using to wipe water up off tents interior floor Scare the crap out of me.

On the newer model mars II years ago when mars started selling lights The one I had there were even people who claimed to have them catch on fire
Im about to burn this one......

Fucck all that jive and for such expensive units to boot!
Hps goes down I replace the igniter or capacitor for $20 and a new bulb every 2 years.
I never realized weed couldn't grow in hot conditions in Florida or I wouldn't have grown so much.
😆
I just made sure to continually exchange that hot air same as the cold.

similar issue with the FC-3000. I disconnected the driver from the cable and reattached everything after it cooled down. It’s been working fine for me since then. That may or may not be the same for you but it’s definitely worth a shot. Good luck!
I have a brand new fC-3000 not even opened yet.
A friend uses a FC-3000 in a 3x3 and loves it

Unlikely, but from other electronic hobby, (building class A amplifiers) that some are better than others and they can fail.

Sometimes there is an internal fuse not meant for consumer replacement. It failed during the night, I didn't detect any smell, but fan had been running whole time. No blackened area. It's the only thing that could fail that would prevent light from lighting. Unless, one led failed and it's like old school Christmas tree lights, if one goes they all go. It has 6 removable bars, I haven't had time to try it with just 2 or so of them installed, but pretty sure it's the power supply ...again, what else? Doubt the switch failed.

Bubba
usually not in my life.always wishful thinking..

Latest posts

Back