Mars Hydro FC-E 6500 has failed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every two bulbs has a 440 cfm inline attached to the tubes.
They draw air through the tent and tubes and exhaust directly outside I never used sealed rooms unless I was running co2.......constantly exchanged fresh air seems to be extremely beneficial.
Amen on the high volume of fresh air.

Bubba

Oh I do. 2 of the sp3000 went it there, where they were before fc-e 6500. If those 2 fail, I have yet another sp 3000 and 3 100 watt boards. If those fail there is the 600 watt hps.

If those ALL fail, I will get new ones. Backups I have ...

Received the new power supply. Unfortunately, two problems. First, it got crushed ruining the plug on one end and the dimmer box broken off. Second problem, while the water proof fittings are similar, they are not compatible even if the item wasn't crushed. Getting a little pizzzed.

Bubba

Attachments

• IMG_20231016_133420207.jpg
    IMG_20231016_133420207.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231016_133359649.jpg
    IMG_20231016_133359649.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231016_133047793.jpg
    IMG_20231016_133047793.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231016_134543273.jpg
    IMG_20231016_134543273.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Ever notice how China sends all the crap to the US that they know will eventually lead to the downfall of this Country.
They have been doing it for yrs now, Grow lights for kids who will never want to work real jobs to support the economy. Drugs and products that take long time to kill and cause diseases . Battery powered bikes allowing kids to never get exercise anymore. Video games so kids never leave the house to play outside. The list goes on and on. But yet they never let their people use most things shipped to the US
Screw them..................
And all the Meds that the US takes are made in China,
But I bet none of them take all those drugs like Americans do.

Like the computer you are typing on? Find one of those not from China.

The SP 3000 lights I have are well made use high quality power supplies. First one has been through at least 6 grows, the last couple in a larger tent with a matching one I bought at least 1 1/2 years ago. About a year ago I bought the third one. They have been in constant use, all of the have piwer supplies made by Meanwell, a well known maker of high quality switching power supplies. This latest light had some other brand, which I know nothing about, and mine appears to have failed.

The light is made the same way and just as heavy as other brands, which probably either originated from there or if built here, from China made parts. Uses same LEDs, china makes about all circuit boards these days.
It's power supply failed.

I have a expensive digital ballast for HPS, Made in China. I don't know about where hortilux bulbs are made, but most of the others, likely china. I do have an egg cooker transformer ballast, it might be made here, but I doubt it.

Looking at all the connectors, I noticed they are nice, waterproof connector types and are the type that you can disassemble and wires held in by screws you tighten, even the connectors on the other end that got smashed. So just disassemble the busted ones, replace with non trashed ones.

That leaves the little remote dimmer box that got munched. I'm going to remove two screws and the bottom panel comes off. If switch and wiring ok, I can try fire up. If works, install and go with it until the new one without smashed control box arrives, easy to replace, plug and play

That said, in my opinion they should have stuck with the Meanwell power supplies. I never cared for switching power supplies but they are everywhere, and Mean well is a respected name, glad my others use them.

China builds a lot of cheap crap, but do not under sell them. If they want and for the right price, they can turn it out as good as anyone.

This light did wh izzz me off.

Bubba

The SP 3000 lights I have are well made use high quality power supplies. First one has been through at least 6 grows, the last couple in a larger tent with a matching one I bought at least 1 1/2 years ago. About a year ago I bought the third one. They have been in constant use, all of the have piwer supplies made by Meanwell, a well known maker of high quality switching power supplies. This latest light had some other brand, which I know nothing about, and mine appears to have failed.

The light is made the same way and just as heavy as other brands, which probably either originated from there or if built here, from China made parts. Uses same LEDs, china makes about all circuit boards these days.

I have a expensive digital ballast for HPS, Made in China. I don't know about where hortilux bulbs are made, but most of the others, likely china. I do have an egg cooker transformer ballast, it might be made here, but I doubt it.

Looking at all the connectors, I noticed they are nice, waterproof connector types and are the type that you can disassemble and wires held in by screws you tighten, even the connectors on the other end that got smashed. So just disassemble the busted ones, replace with non trashed ones.

That leaves the little remote dimmer box that got munched. I'm going to remove two screws and the bottom panel comes off. If switch and wiring ok, I can try fire up. If works, install and go with it until the new one without smashed control box arrives, easy to replace, plug and play

That said, in my opinion they should have stuck with the Meanwell power supplies. I never cared for switching power supplies but they are everywhere, and Mean well is a respected name, glad my others use them.

China builds a lot of cheap crap, but do not under sell them. If they want and for the right price, they can turn it out as good as anyone.

Bubba
Could you purchase a similarly rated Meanwell driver and splice it into the old cabling?

Bubba
LOL
I knew a Guy that was so pissed at China Mars he made a Youtube video of him taking all of his burnt-out Mars 2 lights and smashed them with a sledgehammer and throw them all in a dumpster.
Its was very satisfying...........

Latest posts

Back