Mars Hydro FC-E 6500 has failed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they screw up the wiring

review below
Very bright!😁 I like everything about this light except the power cord connection to driver...after a solid month of performance it won't stay connected,this is horrible because I tried to tape it and now it won't connect at all...think it's melted on the inside the connection going to try and get this fixed hopefully mars sends me replacement update I tried getting a replacement but mars trying to have me download a video and fix myself deff not happy if it worked this would be 5 stars

Fucck all that jive and for such expensive units to boot!
Hps goes down I replace the igniter or capacitor for $20 and a new bulb every 2 years.
I never realized weed couldn't grow in hot conditions in Florida or I wouldn't have grown so much.
😆
I just made sure to continually exchange that hot air same as the cold.
Heat isn't a weed grow problem, it's a fire thing. I could rework ventilation and so forth, LEDs save me about 15 or 20 degrees, and yields are up. I only like 110 on the beach.

Bubba

@Bubba
Read the 1 star reviews for this light here and watch the video to see if yours does the same when wire to controller is wiggled
https://www.amazon.com/MARS-HYDRO-F...cr_unknown?filterByStar=one_star&pageNumber=1
No. Mine is just off. It failed while running, wasn't on when I checked before shutdown time. All connections are fine, wire wiggling has no effect. Just dead.

Never order these lights from Amazon. Buy directly off their site. I have 4 of their lights. First problem, first one without Meanwell power supply.
I run 8 usually 4 on 4 off in the flower room.
Nice thing about here is I just crack a couple windows for 9 months a year.
The other 3 they just grow in the heat which is ok they can take it.
Perfect climate for such activities. We have muggy hot, not Florida Gulf muggy hot, but still muggy and hot. Even the basement! The house is AC of course but lung rooms here have higher humidity than rest of house, and when its bad can run high 70s low 80s inside tent. Yeah, I could set up auxiliary AC and Dehumidification, but with led becomes tolerable without the further complication and expense.

What were once vices soon become habits, LOL!

Bubba

No. Mine is just off. It failed while running, wasn't on when I checked before shutdown time. All connections are fine, wire wiggling has no effect. Just dead.

Never order these lights from Amazon. Buy directly off their site. I have 4 of their lights. First problem, first one without Meanwell power supply.

Perfect climate for such activities. We have muggy hot, not Florida Gulf muggy hot, but still muggy and hot. Even the basement! The house is AC of course but lung rooms here have higher humidity than rest of house, and when its bad can run high 70s low 80s inside tent. Yeah, I could set up auxiliary AC and Dehumidification, but with led becomes tolerable without the further complication and expense.

What were once vices soon become habits, LOL!

Bubba
Every two bulbs has a 440 cfm inline attached to the tubes.
They draw air through the tent and tubes and exhaust directly outside I never used sealed rooms unless I was running co2.......constantly exchanged fresh air seems to be extremely beneficial.

I think they screw up the wiring

review below
Very bright!😁 I like everything about this light except the power cord connection to driver...after a solid month of performance it won't stay connected,this is horrible because I tried to tape it and now it won't connect at all...think it's melted on the inside the connection going to try and get this fixed hopefully mars sends me replacement update I tried getting a replacement but mars trying to have me download a video and fix myself deff not happy if it worked this would be 5 stars
If it is the piece that has plug on one end and a different sort of plug the goes in power supply on the other? That one and others are standard cords. Get a higher quality replacement. Power supplies for HPS and such many times use the same cord, and are likely to be heavier duty.

Bubba

I have purchased 4 Mars Hydro lights in the recent past. I buy them directly from them, not Amazon. Three SP-3000 and the FC-E 6500. The SP 3000 are trouble free and work wonderfully. They also use MeanWell Power supplies.

These power supplies are "switching Power supplies" and function somewhat differently than typical (or used to be typical) linear power supplies. They are compact and very usefull for many applications, like these lights. One of my other hobbies is building Class A Stereo amplifiers. Class A amps run the power supply wide open whether at idle or full power. They are usually large amplifiers for the given output power, and put off a lot of heat. People trying to reduce size of class A amps have looked at Switching power supplies to reduce size. Most switching Power supplies just dont provide enough current/amperage to drive a Class A amp, unless tiny. MeanWell is the only outfit I have ever heard of that builders were having luck with. The FC-E 6500, unlike the 3 SP-3000 units do NOT have the Meanwell driver/power supply.

Is this why? I do not know that at all. This may be a better unit than Meanwell. I do know it doesnt hum, click, get warm, nothing. No giggling of wires does anything, it is stone cold dead, no flicker, nothing. The fans and other things on the power/timer unit worked still, tried light in other known good sockets nothing. It turned itself off while running. If they have me keep this power/timer unit, Im going to open it up and have a look. If they do nothing, and I really think they will, but if not, I will get a meanwell power supply of matching specs and replace.

Bubba

Check it with a meter and see if there's a short?

I have purchased 4 Mars Hydro lights in the recent past. I buy them directly from them, not Amazon. Three SP-3000 and the FC-E 6500. The SP 3000 are trouble free and work wonderfully. They also use MeanWell Power supplies.

These power supplies are "switching Power supplies" and function somewhat differently than typical (or used to be typical) linear power supplies. They are compact and very usefull for many applications, like these lights. One of my other hobbies is building Class A Stereo amplifiers. Class A amps run the power supply wide open whether at idle or full power. They are usually large amplifiers for the given output power, and put off a lot of heat. People trying to reduce size of class A amps have looked at Switching power supplies to reduce size. Most switching Power supplies just dont provide enough current/amperage to drive a Class A amp, unless tiny. MeanWell is the only outfit I have ever heard of that builders were having luck with. The FC-E 6500, unlike the 3 SP-3000 units do NOT have the Meanwell driver/power supply.

Is this why? I do not know that at all. This may be a better unit than Meanwell. I do know it doesnt hum, click, get warm, nothing. No giggling of wires does anything, it is stone cold dead, no flicker, nothing. The fans and other things on the power/timer unit worked still, tried light in other known good sockets nothing. It turned itself off while running. If they have me keep this power/timer unit, Im going to open it up and have a look. If they do nothing, and I really think they will, but if not, I will get a meanwell power supply of matching specs and replace.

Bubba
Im familiar with them

Last communication was that they were sending a new power supply. We will see!

Bubba

Check it with a meter and see if there's a short?
Other than what they have told me to disassemble, I don't want them to claim I breeched the warranty. There is no power leaving the power supply

Their last communication was to send pic of barcode sticker and they would send out a power supply so I can continue to fix this light. Did that this am, hopefully they send it out quick.

Bubba

I leave my lights all the way at the top. When young and veg, just tone down power a bit, still strong at that distance.as they get to flower, 80 to 100 %. With indicas, usually have plenty of room, I shoot for 12 to 18 inches.

Bubba

When it was working how far above your canopy did you have your light in veg and what power setting ?? Ditto in flower.
I usually do my vegging in a 2x4 with SP3000 light. 75% FC-E 6500 in flower tent.

Other than what they have told me to disassemble, I don't want them to claim I breeched the warranty. There is no power leaving the power supply

Their last communication was to send pic of barcode sticker and they would send out a power supply so I can continue to fix this light. Did that this am, hopefully they send it out quick.

Bubba
sLOW BOAT FROM CHINA
1696959184773.png

Last email said they would send a tracking number. If they don't want this back, I think I will open the case. It's got to be something simple.

Bubba

Latest posts

Back