Mason Jars- Cureing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokeup420

Reaction score
hey guys n gals, this thuresday is week 10, witch is suposed to be the last week for my baby, i got me some mason jars for when shes done drying, but the directions on the box is soooooooo confusing, plus its directions for food, i know almost everyone on here used them, so what are the steps? do i still need to heat it ?

Its kind of a stuff and seal process. Dont jam to tight and make sure you open once or twice a day for a few minutes. But the stickies have some good insight on it.

that thread nor what u guys said answerd my question, dnt get me wrong thankyou, thats was info i didnt know.. but how do i make it air tight.?? dont i need to heat it or something?.:angrywife: .. dnt just say yes, tell me steps lol

When you close the mason jar it creates a air tight seal, you don't need to heat it up just close the jar and stash in a dark place. Unless you got the wrong kind they usually have a two piece top that you twist on to create the seal.

:yeahthat: if its one piece lid try and return them..but if you have the two piece this member is correct..fill 3/4 way with dried trimmed buds..you said you was about finished? so you have a week of hang b4 the jars..even a week in bags if you do it the way i do..oh i fallowed the stickies:rofl: good luck hope this helps

Yo Ho guys,

We all chart our courses a tad different than each other. I like to use my old pickle jars. I run them through the dishwasher including the twist on lids, they have worked well over many years for me.
You don't need to seal the jars as though you are doing some home canning, like what the others here have said, and I agree with them completly.

Glass jars work the best
A screw on lid will work just fine
Fill it up, but not to much
put on the lid, and hand tighten it
Place jar/jars in a cool dark spot
especially where they won't get found
Every day open the jar/jars to allow fresh air in
Do this several times a day, Morning, noon, night
some folks will let their cure go for up to a year or longer
you won't want to wait that long
But I think a month minimum would be good
Find the sticky that talks about what 4u2sm0ke mentioned
Try to be chill, but it's understood that you will snag bits of it here, and there to enjoy, good learning experience.

Hope you enjoy your smoke

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna:cool:

4u2sm0ke said:
:yeahthat: if its one piece lid try and return them..but if you have the two piece this member is correct..fill 3/4 way with dried trimmed buds..you said you was about finished? so you have a week of hang b4 the jars..even a week in bags if you do it the way i do..oh i fallowed the stickies:rofl: good luck hope this helps

It's Ball jars that have the 2 piece lids. I bought 6 half gallon ones from Ace Hardware for about $9.

4u2sm0ke said:

ay man thanks allot u always seem to help me out the best, u n purplehaze. umm i got the ball two peice, i also gotem from ace, dats wur i work lol, cheap discount. yea ima prob brown bag it too... and yea see what im talkin about the stickies lol:confused2: :rofl: oh and dj shorts thread explaining drying n curing didnt really help mwah, didnt knnow what all the word ment lol thanks again man

hey my friend I didnt know all the MJ lingo when i started up either..and to tell ya the truth..i still struggle:spit: but put out some good weed..i think..and a lot is credited to this site and the wonderful people we have here..keep it growing and you will Have a beatifull Life style. And thanks for the kind words..you made this okay of a Day be a Little Brighter...May the Sun allways Shine HIGH in yer sky..:ciao:

take care and be safe my friend:bolt::bong:

ive never been able to wait more than a week to be honest. i did cure one nug from my first plant for a month and it tasted horrible, but it was an immature green herm. seems like i need to build up a stock of product before i can let it cure for that long. we smoke a small plant in a few days.

i bet 4 weeks in the jar would be awesome! 1 week does lots of good as it is. but it still smells bizarre.

right now i am using those Ball jars with the wire locking mechanism and the glass lid and rubber seal they are workin good

winstonwolf said:
For some reason, this reminds me of the old Abbott and Costello routine in which the punchline was, "Take two pills then skip an hour."
ll what?!?!? i might be to young for that.. anywayss i have a job soo im able to get me some instead of smokin mine :) that was my plan, im movin, so i wanna save this till i get a new connect were im goin. see i thought ahead lol.. the haldf will prob last me a week or two, buit ima try n make it last..

Living cannabis plants are about 80% water. Perfectly dried marijuana contains about 10%-15% water or moisture content (MC). Material below 10% MC becomes too brittle and disintegrates. Fungi cannot grow below 15% MC. Unfortunately, many growers market their crop _above_ 15% MC. Cannabis, like corn flakes, is sold by weight, not volume. Tobacco farmers also allow thier product to gain weight by reabsorbing moisture before sale. They term this risky business "coming into order." Recently purchased products should be redried. Freezer storage will not protect damp pot. Placing lemon or orange peels in stored marjiuana is discouraged, as they raise the MC above 15%. Dipping _Penicillium_-infested plants in a solution of baking powder will inhibit these acid-loving fungi but the product must be rapidly redried..

i got that off erowid. the link was posted i nanother thread. dang did u know about all the bacteria n diffrent mold that can grow n kill you, thats crazzy.. so how do i know iff my bud is under 15% MC.???? but this link is really helpful, EVERY GROWER NEEDS TO READ THIS!!!

hxxp://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_writings3.shtml
REPLACE "XX" WITH "TT"

i keep mine above10%. i like it wet. but i also keep it at about 58F. no mold yet.

When the stems snap, put it in the jars, twist closed. Pull out in a couple of days. If the stems that snapped before you jarred it don't snap, leave it sit open for an hour or so, repeat next day. 2 days, repeat last step. Repeat until stems snap everytime you open. After that, I don't know. I've never had reefer last that long.

Copied and pasted from Harvesting/Is it just me?
Post-post on curing. I don't wanna start an arguement :)rolleyes: ) but I feel like my schtuff is getting more sticky and possibly more potent. It's a bit over 3 weeks in jars. It certainly smokes far smoother than anything I've ever smoked that would get you high. Got into an arguement with a friend of a friend who is a self-proclaimed expert of MJ because, in his own words: "I been smokin pot since I wuz fourteen." I've know him almost that long and, unfortunately, that's really all he's done since he was 14.

So he smokes this stuff that I, um, uh, well let's just say that I said I maybe got it from a friend. It's 10 1/2 week flowered WW, jarred for over 3 weeks. This "expert" says it couldn't be any good cause good stuff makes you cough, and my stuff doesn't. While he's arguing this cough or no cough nonsense, his buddy bongs up a nice little bud of the stuff and says to him, "Dude, I don't know what you're talking about--this shite's making the skin on my head feel funny."

Un-huh. Only made my day, that's all.:D

lol ur friend doesnt know what hes talking about.. let him read this., id love to have sum bud that doesnt make me cough

smokeup420 said:
lol ur friend doesnt know what hes talking about.. let him read this., id love to have sum bud that doesnt make me cough

This would be the last guy you'd wanna know about your secret room. One guy besides me knows what I'm doing and he's a member here, as well as being an old friend. Plus, his fingernails are just as dirty as mine, sometimes dirtier, right, Winston?;)

Latest posts

Back