Members Only

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ran into an issue when I tried reusing soil. I don’t check/monitor pH but started getting crispy leaves along with spotting that I assumed were probably due to pH. I checked the pH of the run off and it was low(I think in the mid-5’s). After reading up on it, peat when it degrades goes acidic. That being said, letting it ‘rest’ outside and flushing it may help but I can’t see how it would counter the degradation of the peat. Amending the soil may counter the drop in pH depending on which amendments you add. As subby pointed out, bugs could be a problem. As for reusing soil outside, that is a different animal. Kinda like loading in the ocean, the pH drop is probably diluted and spread throughout the garden. I also would mention that even outside, eventually soil loses its viability. That is why old time farmers did crop rotation and let fields go to fallow and also probably a big reason fruits and vegetables today have drastically lower nutrient content than even 50 years ago.
I was kind of thinking about sprinkling a little lime on top, every time I dumped in new soil.
I keep my dirt out in that little greenhouse. It’s so hot in there this time of year, that I don’t think a bug could survive. It’s like getting inside of a car on a 100 degree day.

IMG_3485.jpeg

What the deep end of veg looks like right now. The tallest plant is the peanut butter haze.
IMG_3486.jpeg

These 17’s are varying a little.
IMG_3487.jpeg

I like this particular 15.

IMG_3524.jpeg

A few months ago, I received this message. I think some of y’all will remember me winning the light.
I sent them my information, and anxiously awaited the arrival of my new light.
Although, I at first had reservations about switching from HPS to LED, further research on this forum led (no pun intended) me to believe LED may just be a wise choice.
I recently realized that I never had received the light. I at first considered reporting them to the powers that be on here, not because I was upset about not getting the light, but because I wasn’t going to let a sponsor get away with false advertisement on this prestigious website.
I decided to give them a 2nd chance.
IMG_3525.jpeg

I sent another message, and got a reply.
IMG_3522.jpeg

I guess there was an honest mixup, because a box showed up today.
IMG_3523.jpeg

Holy Crap!! This thing is huge!
That’s what she said.
Anyway, I am really impressed with the looks of this thing, and am glad to report that @PhlizonGrowLights came through on their promise.
Hang in there, looks like we are getting ready to have a dual Members Only Genetics/Phlizon sponsored grow.
Gonna try and get everything switched over tomorrow. Hopefully.

Last edited:
View attachment 336356
This is the first time I have stuck a cutting in 12/12 to determine sex.
I will say, it worked better than I expected.
How old is this plant? I’ve been using the microscope method to get an early look. I can usually determine their sex this way before they need to be transplanted. But your 12/12 method has always made me wonder which way was better? How early did you detect sex?

How old is this plant? I’ve been using the microscope method to get an early look. I can usually determine their sex this way before they need to be transplanted. But your 12/12 method has always made me wonder which way was better? How early did you detect sex?
The cutting has been in the flower tent for maybe two weeks.
I stuck it back in there just to see how far I can take it.

Last edited:
And to be honest, I really didn’t keep track of how many days it took to determine sex. Next time I will be more scientific.

IMG_3548.jpeg

Got the new Phlizon pl4500 installed today.
IMG_3545.jpeg

One advantage I immediately appreciated was being able to see colors in the flower tent.
Now we can see what Lucky Lemon actually looks like.
IMG_3546.jpeg

And the Peanut Butter Haze.

I had to change some things around a little during the switch over from the Hps cool tube, to the LED. Mainly had to switch some ventilation around, but after it was all said and done, I gained a few inches of headspace, so I was also pretty happy about that.

View attachment 336624
Got the new Phlizon pl4500 installed today.
View attachment 336625
One advantage I immediately appreciated was being able to see colors in the flower tent.
Now we can see what Lucky Lemon actually looks like.
View attachment 336626
And the Peanut Butter Haze.

I had to change some things around a little during the switch over from the Hps cool tube, to the LED. Mainly had to switch some ventilation around, but after it was all said and done, I gained a few inches of headspace, so I was also pretty happy about that.
Your gonna love it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back