Members Only

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that is a really nice light. The only negative I could find, if you can call it that, is it uses the LM281B diodes which are slightly less efficient than the LM301B: 2.8umol/J vs 2.9umol/J. So you basically get 3% less light and slightly more heat for the same power draw and at half the price.

880EEA2C-48AC-479C-AC2C-2C3BC2AE07A6.jpeg

Maybe the spec sheet is from a different light of theirs.
That’s what I am thinking.
Either way, I am impressed that this is an actual 450W light, and not 450W equivalent.

Got home yesterday, and the temp in the flower tent was 79 degrees, which is about what it ran with the 600W cool tube, so I am pretty happy about that.
Rerouting the ventilation eliminated a couple turns in 6” flex duct, giving me a much straighter shot.
IMG_3552.jpeg

I can tell by the louvers on my outside vent that I am moving more air than I was with the cool tube, which I also consider to be another advantage of switching to the Phlizon.

That’s what I am thinking.
Either way, I am impressed that this is an actual 450W light, and not 450W equivalent.

Got home yesterday, and the temp in the flower tent was 79 degrees, which is about what it ran with the 600W cool tube, so I am pretty happy about that.
Rerouting the ventilation eliminated a couple turns in 6” flex duct, giving me a much straighter shot.
View attachment 336846
I can tell by the louvers on my outside vent that I am moving more air than I was with the cool tube, which I also consider to be another advantage of switching to the Phlizon.
Well let’s look at this like a LED light bulb

18 real watts = 60 watt equivalent
28 real watts = 100 watts equivalent

So 450 real watts may well be a just under 1800 watts equivalent

Remember great power comes with great responsibility….and bigger electric bills. But that sure looks like a beauty of a light

Well let’s look at this like a LED light bulb

18 real watts = 60 watt equivalent
28 real watts = 100 watts equivalent

So 450 real watts may well be a just under 1800 watts equivalent

Remember great power comes with great responsibility….and bigger electric bills. But that sure looks like a beauty of a light
Thanks for the break down on that.
I will be the first to admit I don’t have a firm grasp on the science.
1800 watt equivalent is pretty impressive.
I went from a 650 watt HPS, to a 450 watt LED, so I am still hoping to see the electric bill drop a little.

Thanks for the break down on that.
I will be the first to admit I don’t have a firm grasp on the science.
1800 watt equivalent is pretty impressive.
I went from a 650 watt HPS, to a 450 watt LED, so I am still hoping to see the electric bill drop a little.
That and your HPS probably didn’t have levels you can set which I find useful and will winding up saving you even more over the HPS. And it also includes some beneficial UV

That and your HPS probably didn’t have levels you can set which I find useful and will winding up saving you even more over the HPS. And it also includes some beneficial UV
The HPS does have different settings, but I only used it in the flower tent, so I always ran it at 100%.
Same with the new Phlizon.
Keep in mind, I run a continuous grow, so the plants in 12/12 range anywhere from 0 to 84 days.
I was running 8 plants in flower, and switching out every 11 days.
I recently started running 7, and switching out every 12 days.
One less plant in there allows me a lot more room to work.

The HPS does have different settings, but I only used it in the flower tent, so I always ran it at 100%.
Same with the new Phlizon.
Keep in mind, I run a continuous grow, so the plants in 12/12 range anywhere from 0 to 84 days.
I was running 8 plants in flower, and switching out every 11 days.
I recently started running 7, and switching out every 12 days.
One less plant in there allows me a lot more room to work.
Wow I had no idea. Last time I used a light it was a 400 watt socket attached to a big heavy ballast and the only switch it had was on and off. That’s awesome

Wow I had no idea. Last time I used a light it was a 400 watt socket attached to a big heavy ballast and the only switch it had was on and off. That’s awesome
And was probably magnetic ballast, all digital now. last one I had was a lumatek 600w hps with dimmer, etc etc.. worked great but I quit growing for 4yrs and gave it to a buddy in Michigan... he still uses it. runs so much hotter then this MARS HYDRO TSW-2000.. (sponsor insert here). lol. but I love it, dimmer right on front easy to use. Ballasts with super long cords so I can remove and place outside tent if I want to.. nice
BOG's Lifesaver
BOG b.jpg

BOG c.jpg

You know I remember buying a 600 watt used ballast and reflector setup used like 20 years ago but I never used it, MH I think. I swear I saw them at our last house and maybe the wife moved them here but I don’t recall seeing them. I am not an organized person

Latest posts

Back