MeNtAlPaTiEnT's 400w HPS Box Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks poopdog, yeah I hope to see a nice dry count, this 400 watter seems to be pretty bright. :) I will be happy to see if you get a 400 watter as well!

I usually use miracle gro nutes, sometimes I'll add some bone meal or blood meal just for the heck of it :cool:.

October 17

The ladies are in their new home. The light might be a little high, but the plants seem to be absorbing a nice amount of light. The light is currently measured to be at about 17 inches away, I'll most probably move it in a little closer.
The walls are doing a good job of reflecting a lot of light all over the plants. I can look at a spot that would normally be shaded and see a nice amount of light hitting the harder to reach spots. Temperatues appear to be steady at 24.9C with the light on and a small fan.

pic1.gif

looking good MP, keep it up and swim sees many nice big harvests coming your way.

I have 4 somewhat sickly clone plants at around the second week of flower.They vegged for a good month and a half or so, all were topped and are all nestled nice and close to each other under the 400 watt hps. I believe they were deficient in a few nutrients, and they suffered as a result. Some big fan leaves turned brown on the edges, and eventually dried up and went crispy. My bad big time!

I've got a half dozen little seedlings doing well. The seedlings had white berry as the mother plant, the father was an unknown strain. This unknown strain's females liked to grow big exploding buds, and was especially interesting since it appeared to be mostly sativa.

Nothing too exciting yet! Thanks for digging up this journal and stopping by ****-dog.

Oh and the harvest on the big flowering plant was about 2 and a half ounces to 3 ounces. Could definately have been a bigger harvest if I had two or three more big flowering plants like that. Most smokers who have tried my stuff express that it tastes quite nice in the bong and is very strong. Always good compliments!

Let me be the first to offer my coneseur services at, just fer you , no cost!:p :hubba:

Thanks chef! For free? Awsome! :cool:

November 9

Little update today....

The first two pictures are of my harvested White Berry plant. She yielded me I believe roughly 2.5 ounces. Not bad, but also not great. My local friends sure enjoyed the smoke as did I. She suffered some nute problems, but did alright in the end. I dried the buds on the racks in the second picture for about 5 days, then continued to dry them out in a cigar box I found around the house. I later put the box on top of my ballast for a day, and it seemed to speed up the drying process at a nice medium rate. The buds were ready to smoke after about 8-9 days. Hey, I was in a hurry!

Now, I've got 4 White Berry clones flowering at week 3 I believe... They are surely not the most beautiful specimens of the marijuana plant species, but I am not going to give up on them! At first what I thought was nute burn, ended up being nute deficiency. So, as you can see, they are not in the greatest of shape BUT they are getting really frosty really early. Some of the bigger leaves coming off the buds have thc forming all over them. There is already a nice aroma coming from the shoots. I am wondering just how frosty they will be when they are finished! I have been recently giving them 1 tea spoon of powder miracle gro every 2-3 days to help them out. I also gave them some dolomitic lime, just in case. Can't go wrong with dolomitic lime... or can you? I read that it's neutral, so it doesn't affect the ph of the soil, and I'm sure the soil could use some of the nutrients from the lime as well.

The last picture is of my little seedlings. They are doing doing fine, but the temps have been getting up in the low 30's.... Not good!

Anyways, happy growing.

pic1.gif

pic2.gif

pic3.gif

pic4.gif

Ok thats it planting the whiteberry when it gets here this week! I love what you can do inside with m/g. Do you find it better/no diff, in drying on a rack as opposed to hanging? Cool drying box btw. Congrats on harvest!

LoL, I believe some other people are looking into the white berry as well. It's a very sweet-smelling strain that grows super sticky buds, and let's not forget to mention, dense.

Yep, with MG you can achieve nice results. You just have to be cautious when using it. I find 1 teaspoon is often a safe dosage when you are somewhat unsure as to how your plants will tolerate it.

I find using a rack is easier to utilize when compared to hanging multiple rows of buds and such. With a rack, you can have multiple levels in a smaller amount of space and can access them easier. Oh and the drying box is actually a mini fridge, just unplugged :p. Got to keep the door open though at least a little bit.

November 21

Hello fellow growers, back for a quick update here.

Things are looking good in the flowering room. Temps are fine and plants are looking good. Little mite problem, but the colder temperatures when the light is off is slowing them down quite a bit. I've also got some string going around the 4 plants bringing them closer together under the light.

The vegging room is moving along... Not enough lights by far, temperatures are rather high (28-30 degrees C). I'm looking to buy perhaps another 400 watt hps for the veg room, but the flowering room will be done soon (3 weeks maybe) and I will be able to use that light when the time comes. Probably just going to add a few more CFL's in the veg room and wait for the hps to be available.

Anyways, that's it. Happy growing!

pic1.gif

pic3.gif

pic2.gif

Mental my mouth is watering! Germed the wb looking foward to the results. Looking good my friend!

Hey thanks chef! You germd a white berry you say? That is great! Is it a regular seed or feminized? Thanks for popping in friend.

is taht a fridge ya dryin ya buds in :huh:

good lookin buds man :aok:

:yeahthat: I liked the fridge too!

Looks good, you got allot of clones going on there! Your plants always look so healthy for just using MG.

The only regs i got was the dinafem mix pack, the rest icluding the WB is all fems. Got to try an out do yours.

zipflip said:
is taht a fridge ya dryin ya buds in :huh:

good lookin buds man :aok:
Thanks ziplip, yessir that certainly is a fridge! Just a little mini-fridge I had laying around. Turns out it's a real handy drying box!
****-dog said:
:yeahthat: I liked the fridge too!

Looks good, you got allot of clones going on there! Your plants always look so healthy for just using MG.
Ah thanks ****-dog. I must have about 20 seedlings right now. I'm hoping the genetics are good. Not sure how they will turn out, how sativa or indica they will be, and how the buds will turn out as well.Yep, MG works fine, it supplies nutrients that the plants want. The MG actually saved my flowering plants since they were deficient on a few nutrients as they went into flower. No problems now :).

the chef said:
The only regs i got was the dinafem mix pack, the rest icluding the WB is all fems. Got to try an out do yours.
Hey sounds good chef. I'm really looking forwards to how your WB flourishes. She's going to have nice fat fan leaves you watch!

so you liek got the thing runnin cold and dor closed too when dryin in there.?
or ya just utilizing teh space inside it cuz teh racks only?
hey man, some people do some unexplainable and odd things on here ive seen over the last year an half i been round LOL.
i thought bout gettin a old big fridge that works and just cut an extra exhaust into yad yada and it'd keep cool maybe and mount a 1000watter in the freezer compartment and cut out between frige/freezer and put heat tempered glass and ya'd have the ultimate cooling system for light. maybe, no? LOL
im havin a :stoned: sunday.
i finally talked the lady into tryin the brownies i made wit me tonite . so i better sober up for few hours prior LOL

zipflip said:
so you liek got the thing runnin cold and dor closed too when dryin in there.?
or ya just utilizing teh space inside it cuz teh racks only?
hey man, some people do some unexplainable and odd things on here ive seen over the last year an half i been round LOL.
i thought bout gettin a old big fridge that works and just cut an extra exhaust into yad yada and it'd keep cool maybe and mount a 1000watter in the freezer compartment and cut out between frige/freezer and put heat tempered glass and ya'd have the ultimate cooling system for light. maybe, no? LOL
im havin a :stoned: sunday.
i finally talked the lady into tryin the brownies i made wit me tonite . so i better sober up for few hours prior LOL
Haha zip, sounds like you had a good time! No, my fridge is not plugged in, but your idea sounds good! You could put like a 600 watter in there and keep it cool :p.

November 27

Things are going smoothly over here, took a few shots of what's happening. I'd say another 2-3 more weeks and they will be done. That's my estimate anyway. I didn't record exactly when they went into flower, definately will do this next time around.

I've got four white berry clones in case anybody's wondering. I topped them all at the same time, and each has produced a a couple of nice soon-to-be colas. Their tops are about 8 inches from the light.

Planning on getting a second 400 watter for the vegging room. The seedlings need more light, and I figure about 48000 lumens should be adequate :cool:.

pic1.gif

pic2.gif

pic3.gif

pic4.gif

Thanks chef!

December 6

Just stopping by to make a quick update. I harvested one of my girls (front right). She had almost no white hairs left so I figured it would be time to chop her down.

The other plants still have fattening up do to, so I'll leave them to grow for maybe a week more. The buds left basking under the light are some of the densest buds I have grown yet, and I'm really excited about what the yield will be in the end.
I cut the string holding them all together to get the one lady out and all the buds practically fell over! So the string really does the trick when holding the buds up.

Took a snap of my seedlings... They havn't done much growing until now. I ended up over-watering them and flushing out all the nutes in the soil. I have been giving them light doses of miracle gro and they seem to be coming around. According to what I'm seeing, the seedlings will (hopefully) be mostly indica (except for the plant in the red bucket, she seems to be growing sativa-like). :cool: :cool:

pic1.gif

pic2.gif

Latest posts

Back