MeNtAlPaTiEnT's 400w HPS Box Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
January 16

Removed 5 males and one suspected male yesterday. Planning on letting them flower and collecting some pollen for future use. I wouldn't mind pollinating one or two buds, maybe more, just to have some seeds whose genetics might be really cool. The last picture are my five confirmed 5 male plants. They look super healthy don't they? :cool:

The vegging room has my three females, all a different strain is would appear! They are showing noticeable signs of heat stress from the lamp. They should start to look better in the next couple of days since I now have room to put the fan in a better spot. I will probably start cloning really soon, can't wait! :hubba:

The flowering room has roughly 4 or so confirmed females and the rest are still pending sex since I just recently moved them in there due to the available space the 5 confirmed males provided when I yanked them from the room. The oldest females in the group are about a week or so, verging on probably a week and a half into the flowering period. Should start seeing buds soon!

pic1.gif

pic2.gif

pic3.gif

I love the big fat indie! Nice garden mental friend! C'mon with the buds!

Lol thanks chef, I love the indie too. I think she'll produce some very good clones and those clones will produce some very sexy buds. :).

nice green looking plants you have there mental p:)

Thanks fruity!

January 24

Hey guys, been a while hasn't it?

Took about 3 clones from each of my big plants in the vegging area.

Switched the light from the flowering room with the light from the vegging room. The bulb that used to be in the flowering room seems to be getting dimmer, I can tell from how stretched my flowering plants are and since I changed the lights, it's a heck of a lot brighter in the flowering room now.

I gave in the using miracle gro again... my vegging ladies were suffering... the coffee grinds didn't seem to be doing much, so I gave them each about 2 teaspoons of miracle gro, and about a liter or so of water to mix it into the soil. I can feel the warm vibes coming from them already, although the soil microbial life is probably screeming in agony, eeek oh well.

pic1.gif

pic2.gif

pic3.gif

pic4.gif

Nice work mp! That is my favorite shade of green.

nice growing dude! Cant wait to hear how it smokes.

great to see an update mental,
looks like the girls are getting ready to start packing on the weight!

I see budage! Nice work mental. How goes the pollen collecting?

420benny said:
Nice work mp! That is my favorite shade of green.
Thanks benny! Any shade of green is my favorite :cool:.

kalikisu said:
nice growing dude! Cant wait to hear how it smokes.
Thanks kalikisu, I'm greatly looking foewards to how the smoke is going to be! Since this is basically a cross between indica dominant White Berry and an unknown (more-so sativa-ish strain), it should be very interesting indeed.

lordhighlama said:
great to see an update mental,
looks like the girls are getting ready to start packing on the weight!
Yep, it's been a while... been a bit busy doing other things. I think the flowering ladies are about 2-3 weeks into flower mode now, after week 4, things really start getting exciting :).
the chef said:
I see budage! Nice work mental. How goes the pollen collecting?
Hey chef! Thanks for the compliment! I've decided not to mess with pollen for now... I don't really want to run the risk of accidentally pollinating my whole crop, and I've just decided I didn't mess with pollen for now... Just wasn't feeling it! But if I ever choose to do some pollinating, I've got plenty of seeds that I could germinate and get a male or two out of.

January 25

Just putting up some more pics. You can see that there appears to be some some various phenotypes when flowering. A few look more sativa-ish while another one looks predominately indica. Pretty cool stuff.

pic1.gif

pic2.gif

pic3.gif

pic4.gif

pic5.gif

pic6.gif

After a good spray down and a feeding of miracle gro nutes, the girls seem to have perked up very nicely. Their leaves are pointing upwards in vigorous growth it would appear.

pic1.gif

pic2.gif

nice mental
those plants are standing at attention for u.
u definitely have some different phenotypes there dont u.
are u using miracle grow for flower as well as veg?

Haha thanks lordhigh. I told my plants I was going to upload their pics to the internet for all to see, and they wanted to look extra pretty ;).

And yes, I have decided to once again use miracle gro for veg and flower. I've just never had any problems using this stuff, and I've always had excellent results.

You deff have a green thumb my friend. How bout the smell your way?

MeNtAlPaTiEnT said:
Haha thanks lordhigh. I told my plants I was going to upload their pics to the internet for all to see, and they wanted to look extra pretty ;).

And yes, I have decided to once again use miracle gro for veg and flower. I've just never had any problems using this stuff, and I've always had excellent results.

haha... looks like they listened well. I'll have to try that out for my next photo shoot. ;)

as for the miracle grow it's tough to change when you have such great results I guess. Can't complain with the bud it puts out for you. :hubba:

Yeah lordhigh, I've never gone wrong with miracle gro... quick results too. If the plants are showing deficiencies, I can give them a dose of MG, and their woes will be solved within the next day or so.

February 6

These pictures were taken yesterday. Nothing too crazy happening. Some of the pistils are turning pink. Took some clones though!

pic1.gif

pic2.gif

Omg not the pink hairs...whaaaat. Very buddsy looking mental!

the chef said:
Omg not the pink hairs...whaaaat. Very buddsy looking mental!
Yeah, pink hairs. :cool: I think I had this on the unknown strain that ended up crossing with the white berry, so I guess the pink pistil trait has been carried on! Thxs for watching chef.

February 11

Things are progressing. Buds are getting bigger and more crystally. Got a bit of a mite problem in the veg room, but I have been spraying the plants down with insecticidal soaps from top to bottom.

The plants are estimated to be at week 4 of flowering. Roughly that I think. I'm mostly just playing it by weight and size when I want to harvest... Should really think about keeping track of flowering times though, haha.

pic1.gif

pic2.gif

pic3.gif

Hell i just started tracking flowering times Mental! Ladies are beautiful! Damn bugs. "Bugs,....I hate bugs!" The smelly warden from the Mummy.

Latest posts

Back