Mentalpatient's White Berry Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
February 8

Things are lookin' green here - finally. I get a smile everytime I wake up and roll to the side to take a look into my little box and see their nice green foilage. Such a great feeling... sometimes I watch them for a few minutes before finally getting up from bed.

The smallest plant has shown a little root just up inside one of the drainage holes in the little cup. I think it would grow much better in a bigger pot. Sometime tonight I'll go up in the loft to accuire something suitable. Which also means I'm not going to be able to fit both plants in that little box. Looks like I'll be forced to unbury my cloning box. It should be able to house the two plants as well as a variety of lights. Sounds like a wise move to me.

Oh, and another little tidbit of information... The biggest plant is growing alternating nodes! This is great news. Soon I will have multiple branching. Perfect for the future, when I'm going to take some clones come spring. This means that she'll definately be ready when the time comes.

pic1.gif

pic2.gif

Looks good, but you are right. You need more room and up-sizing the pot is usually a wise decision.

February 9

Brought down a couple of things from loft so I'm ready if the need arises. Got my cloning lights there, a bunch of reflectors, cloning gel, razors, etc.

The third picture is my current set-up I did really quick because I havn't brought a different box in yet. I transplanted the smallest girl into a bigger pot.. not sure of the dimensions.

Going to install a little computer fan somewhere in the newer box or something. Currently I don't have any sort of air flow going at the moment. As you can see on the smallest plant, it may have suffered from heat or some sort. I'm pretty positive that's the reason for the slight discoloration. I'll be looking into it quite shortly. There's so much information on this board, it's quite easy to do your research right here on this site. :)

And also, I was looking at the first picture on my feb 8'th post and the last one in this post, and you can litterally spot the increase in growth on the top of the bigger plant. Pretty neat!

pic1.gif

pic2.gif

pic3.gif

pic4.gif

pic5.gif

February 11

Changed the boxes around. I'm using my dirty home-made cloning box. It's got mylar and has a roof with mylar as well. Currently there's still no fan but I'll see if I can get something hooked up. Temperatures seem to be doing ok, but it would be awsome, I'm sure, to get some air flow in there.

The leaves smell so refreshingly yummy, it's a treat every time. Nothing like the smell of fresh foilage. mmmmm mmmm...

As these girls get bigger I can prop the box up and keep the plants on the floor. There's plenty of width for the time being so that's good, all I need to worry about is height.

The biggest plant is 28 days old. The smallest is about 20 days. Unfortunately it was set back a bunch by being in a little styro foam cup for most of its life. When I transplanted, there were roots doing circles around the bottom of the cup. So I was a little late in transplanting. :p Seems like it was only yesterday that I germ'd them. I'd say they could use some extra light to speed things up a bit, but there's no hurry right now. I'm waiting for the spring to hit, so I don't need a monster plant in my room until then, haha.

I exchanged a 24 watt cfl with a 42 watt one. I'll be adding more in due time.

pic4.gif

pic1.gif

pic2.gif

pic3.gif

thedonofchronic said:
your throwing em outside in spring?

I'll probably keep them under cfls so that they will be safe and secure. They're going to be my two mother plants.

February 14

Back for another quick little update. Things are progressing. Increased the lamp height as well as added another reflector w/ 24 watt cfl. Nothing much, I'm really trying to get things to go kind of slowly for the time being.. waiting until sometime in March to get things sereiously cracking because April will be the month when I can bring these girls out into the bigger box with the opportunity for much more lights and a more safe environment.

As you can see, my set-up is extremely simple with a 2x4 going across to hold the lights. I can simply add more vhs movies to heighten the lights. :cool: I'm using about 110 watts, 24/7. Nothing crazy but below the mandatory requirements for good, fast growth. C'mon April, get ur *** here so the temperatures go up so I can put my girls in a real grow box! haha. Sometime soon as march approaches, I'll add more lights, lots. Until then, I just need them to establish a nice root system and stay in vegetative mode. They are going to be transplanted into 4 gallon buckets soon. Both pots have roots showing in the drainage holes. I'm just hoping that when I go to transplant, the whole thing of soil will stay intact. I'll wait a bit longer just to make sure the soil wont fall apart on me. Happy growing folks.

pic1.gif

pic2.gif

pic3.gif

pic4.gif

pic5.gif

pic6.gif

pic7.gif

whenever you pickup the the plant out of the pot put your hands straight down in the dirt on the sides of the pot and push your hands towards each other as your pulling up it really works well for me my plants have never had any problems it grtabs all of the roots and a huge ball of dirt

February 17

Finally upgraded the pot for the bigger plant. I went out to get some soil and I underestimated how much soil I needed... So I'll see if I can get the smaller plant in a 4 gallon bucket like her sister.

Going to have to move these girls out in the shed because a certain somebody doesn't want them in the house. So I'm going to see if I can make a fully enclosed box to keep the heat in. We'll see what happens.

pic1.gif

pic2.gif

pic3.gif

pic4.gif

Aha, yea when I was transplanting. Looks like it was a little pot-bound huh?

Mental, you said that you were going to use these as mothers? Will you move them outside or just move your clones outside? I have some white Berry seeds From Paridise. I choose them because of the short flowering period. I will be keeping a close tab on your progess. So far your girls look very nice!

Mental, If you can find rose pots they work great! They are 71/2 inch square but 10 inches deep.I think the deeper the pot the better.But for a mother I go to a 5 gal container.

WOW, talk about a case of root bound. I bet those are going to take off now that you transplanted.

February 18

unogrowdude said:
Mental, you said that you were going to use these as mothers? Will you move them outside or just move your clones outside? I have some white Berry seeds From Paridise. I choose them because of the short flowering period. I will be keeping a close tab on your progess. So far your girls look very nice!
Yup, they will be mother plants. I'll keep them inside my grow box where I can lock them up when I'm not there. The clones on the other hand will go outside and to a bunch of friends who are going to take a hand in the growing scene this year. Gotta spread the love.
And yeah, the one thing I really noticed was the 50-day something flowering period. That's just awsome right there. Good to see somebody else who chose White Berry as well. :)

---

Big changes over here - for the good! Firstly, I transplanted the smaller plant into a 4-gallon bucket. It was pot-bound as was the first one. Those roots work hard at growing day and night. So I'm sure my girls will be happy to have a lot more room to work with.

Secondly, I was somewhat forced to move the girls elsewhere because of the fresh foilage smell wafting 'throughout the house' as I've been told. They do smell great though, no doubt about that. So, as of now they are in the good ole growing box that sits about I dunno, maybe 6 or 7 feet tall. They are in a seperate building now so I'm really hoping the temperatures stay nice, but since it's winter, they might suffer from a few cold spikes if it gets really bad outside. As of now, with the door to the box closed, temperatures are reading 20C under the lights. So thats amazing! This means I have a chance at growing out here during the winter season.... Oh the possibilities.

The box could definately use a clean-up, but it will do. The mylar needs re-doing but I'll leave it for now. The lights are hung using hooks screwed into a piece of wood going across the roof.

pic1.gif

pic2.gif

pic3.gif

make sure you post some pics after they have the growth spurt from the pot change. i love seeing that
looking good man
whered you get your mylar

Oh for sure, I'll be posting some pics :). It would be nice to see them really start to get big for once. They are so short and squat right now it's kind of annoying because I don't need them to be so small. I want them mostly to grow a bunch of shoots.

I got the mylar from the local hydroponics shop. It was an awsome visit because the dude had all these hps lights set up with hoods and was growing like cabbage under these things and those lights were so bright. He had like bubblers going on in the background that you could hear, there were all these nutrient packages everywhere, rockwool and everything. It's the only store that I know of in my city so I'm kind of lucky just to have him in business. Unfortunately, I had to use my debit card, but I'm sure I'm safe. It's also where I got my humidity dome for clones. It can hold a maximum of 50-100 rockwool cubes.

Also, I have a question or anyone who can answer it... This strain is 75% Indica, 25% sativa. Will this strain be viable for mass producing clones? Will they grow lots and lots of shoots if that's all I focus on? Never grew an indica dominant strain before so I am really curious. I know sativas are crazy for cloning, plenty of experience last year, heh heh.

Latest posts

Back