Mentalpatient's White Berry Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeNtAlPaTiEnT

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm back for another exciting adventure in the world and art of growing. This time around I will be growing White Berry by Paradise seeds. I recently purchased 5 feminised seeds for a whopping $180 Canadian dollars from the seed bank. I was about to go with Sensi Star but the effects seem too bodily, and White Berry has a happy, cerebral effect and that would be in my best interests as I'm not in any kind of pain and just looking for a uppidy, mind expanding kind of high instead of a sleeper effect.

Anyways, took some pictures of my seed package and my method of germinating. I've found simply popping a seed in luke warm water is the easiest way to germinate. All you need to do is keep that water warm! (Although I've germ'd seeds in much colder water in the spring before to my suprise, but I'm not going to risk ruining my expensive precious seeds by not maintaining the correct temperatures)

Oh and ignore the date on the pictures. Security measures :) .

I will be growing in the little box that you see in the pictures for the time being. It's very discreet and very little light (if any at all) escapes from the box. This will be a 100% CFL grow until the spring hits, then it will include the sun as well :hubba: .

And as of right now, I can just barely see a root starting to come out from the shell. It has been about 27 hours since the bean hit the water.

pic1.gif

pic2.gif

pic3.gif

pic5.gif

pic4.gif

pic6.gif

cant wait to see these come up
good luck
oh ya what are the demensions of that box it looks pertect to hide in the closet

Not sure of the dimensions of the box... I made it in like 2 hours without even a measuring tape haha. It was built to be a single cola flowering box, but it's going to be used as a vegging box too now I suppose. Thanks for checking out my journal ST

January 18/09

Seed is starting to grow it's first root! I'm very happy. :)

Currently using a single 42 watt-CFL /reflector, twenty-four hours/day.

pic1.gif

pic2.gif

pic3.gif

my chair is pulled up..big fan of your last grow,may i ask what your finale weight was of your last box grow?

puffmadizm said:
my chair is pulled up..big fan of your last grow,may i ask what your finale weight was of your last box grow?
Hey thanks puff, I believe my final weight from my last grow was roughly 2 ounces if I'm not mistaken. I had a hell of a time cutting down that big mother plant I had.
--
Not much happening as of January 22. The seed I germinated is basically an inch stem with the seed shell still stuck to the top. I can only guess that it is either growing slow OR growing a nice root system before it really starts growing.

I threw another seed into a cup of warm water. Planning on having a bunch of clones for myself and some friends by the time spring/summer hits. I'm starting really early this year.

Switched the 42 watt cfl with a 24 watter. No point in using a 42 if the plant isn't going to benefit from all that light just yet.

January 23

The seed I threw into a cup of warm water looks like it's going to be a keeper! It's already sprouted the first little root. It only took about a day and a half. It looks like it's ready for some soil.

My seedling that is under the light has yet to crack its shell, and is standing about an inch off the soil.

Temperatures are steady at 24C and humidity is somewhere around 48-53%.

Can't wait until I start seeing some green!

January 24

Nothing special to report today. Things are growing forwards, or should I say upwards - slowly.

But the seedling in the little cup is growing a very fast taproot in my opinion. You can see it's already dug into the soil.

I fear that putting the first seedling in the bigger bucket may have inhibited the growth of the vegging part and instead make the seedling focus on developing deep root system first. I normally start in the styrofoam cups and never had a problem with delayed growth in seedlings. This one seems to be taking its precious time doing something. I think the second seed is going to catch up to the first one! Wouldn't that be interesting...

Lights are still 24/7 and I'm currently using a 27 watt cfl.

pic1.gif

January 29

Things are progressing. Slowly but surely.

The first seed I germ'd, when it finally cracked out of its shell, already had its first pair of serrated leaves. Everything must have been jam packed in that seed shell... I woke up in the morning and there was a pair of little tiny leaves. Normally when the shell cracks, it's those first pair of leaves that are tear-drop shaped. Blah.

pic1.gif

pic2.gif

cant wait on the smoke report White berry is deff on my list of the future
but i want querkle from subcool sooooooo bad lol
good luck

I have just put 4 White Berry into flower yesterday, the 28th. I will post up some pics when they get to flowering. I hope we both made a good choice in this seed. lol.

Hey guys, I'll give a berry good smoke report when the time comes, ehehe. Querkle... I've heard of that from a few buddies and read a bit in high times about that strain. It sounds interesting, just the name itself haha. Sweest, I'd love to see some pictures of your white berry plants. I've only seen a few pictures of the flowers on the internet and they look so amazing. I think we made an excellent choice in this strain. Apparently, it's got a very nice leaf-to-calyx ratio, and has an excellent high to boot with high thc levels. I've read that it's 75% indica and 25% sativa, the high starts out cerebral, then as you smoke more, it becomes more of a body stone. Hmmm

Yea I'm hoping for good things out of this strain, High Times 10 Best of 2008. My ladies are sleeping now I will snag a picture of them tomorrow. I got my seeds from seedboutique.com but I found them on Attitude for much cheaper. I think I paid $110 US for 5 seed, only 4 germ'd. Attitude had them for 14.xx a seed, pretty fair deals from those guys.

February 3

Things are getting green! Temperatures are ok, humidity is fine, water from the tap seems to be ok. Not much else to report. When spring comes around, these babies are going to be huge! They are going to be very generous mother plants. :)

Going to be needing more space in the future. Thinking of bringing in my cloning box I made to vegetate for a while once they outgrow the little box they're in. Pretty much once the girl in the little styrofoam cup outgrows that, boom Im out of room. So I'll probably prepare the cloning box pretty soon. (it's under a couple feet of snow at the moment)

The lens on my camera was fogged up a bit since I forgot it out in the shed :eek: , and apparently my batteries died due to my forgetfulness.

pic2.gif

pic3.gif

pic1.gif

Hey Mental...not much to show here yet but a quick shot of them so you'll know how they grow. I always keep my veg lights pretty close so they don't stetch much, over the past 7 days in my flower area they have begun to stretch out. I will keep you posted as things progress here.

IMG_3160.jpg

They are only 54 days old. Dang, I wish they looked bigger. haha

Looks like they got some nice strong stalks to support heavy buddage :hubba: .

February 5

Just a quick picture showing how things are progressing... nothing too amazing but each picture is like a timeline showing how these little babies grew up.

Got to wait until at least the end of march to be able to bring them into the huge box I was using during the summer. These girls are going to be quite large by the time that happens. Uh oh's... That can only be a good thing ;) .

pic1.gif

Latest posts

Back