Mentalpatient's White Berry Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thedonofchronic said:
hmm what do you use rockwool cubes for mang?
Hey don, long time no chat :hubba: . The cubes are perfect for putting freshly cut clones into. The roots will simply poke out of the bottom and the sides when they are good to go. :cool:

ohh i see
im new to everything haha right now i have basic, good size container, styrofoam piece floating in the water with the clones poked through stems in the water with a fish tank air pump to for oxygen. got the same size container as a cover its clear, its working real good i had small roots on one in like 1 day.

Yeah, apparently bubblers have the quickest rooting times. Mine usually take7-14 days to show roots. Good job on the 1 day rooter though, thats super fast man.

Some close-up pictures and stuff.

I know the soil in the first picture looks a little dry. I'll get around to that soon enough :eek: .

I have to admit that my biggest girl is definately an attractive plant.

Happy growing.

pic1.gif

pic2.gif

pic3.gif

pic4.gif

pic5.gif

pic6.gif

pic7.gif

Mental The white berry is a indica domonate strain.I choose it because of the short flowering period in a s.o.s. I believe you can clone most all strains for mass production. I'll do all my work in side, but that grow won't start for 4 more months.If you bend the top with pipe cleaners it will force the lower shoots to grow out. That is how I've been doing it for years. That way I still keep the top cola and get good lower branch growth. Indica is all I've ever grown.

Hey thanks man, wasn't sure how good indicas were for growing lots of shoots... Currently I'm just moving the bigger leaves out of the way to light the way for some shoots trying to reach the lights. Things are looking alright over here. I think the smallest plant still needs to recover from her recent transplant, since I havn't seen much growth, she's probably growing her roots into the new soil at this time.

Thanks or the reply uno. :)

unogrowdude said:
.If you bend the top with pipe cleaners it will force the lower shoots to grow out. That is how I've been doing it for years. That way I still keep the top cola and get good lower branch growth. Indica is all I've ever grown.

Hi gang! uno, can I ask how far you are bending the cola, and for how long?
Thanks! Been watching M, nice grow you got.

420benny said:
Hi gang! uno, can I ask how far you are bending the cola, and for how long?
Thanks! Been watching M, nice grow you got.
Hey 420benny, thanks for watching! It's an alright grow I guess, it's been really fun and it brings back the joy of growing yet again. Wouldn't mind using hps for once, cfls are somewhat annoying to work with because each light only puts out (it seems like) a tiny amount. Maye it's just me, but the lights seem to be working fine but definately an HPS light would spice things up a bit!

---

Temperatures seem to be pretty fine for the girls. Temperatures range from 20-26C in their box, so far.

A better watering schedule should be in order. Nutrients are ok for the next month and a half at the least.

pic1.gif

pic2.gif

pic3.gif

pic4.gif

pic5.gif

pic6.gif

420, I usually can bend them at a 90 degree angle, sometimes more. The lower shoots start to grow out and up, then within a week the main stem starts to grow back upwards, but i keep the main stem bent with the pipe cleaner for at least 2 weeks until the lower shoots show good growth. I've also done this during flowering to get some of the lower cola buds to grow out on their own

yeah man you saw what the hps did for me
i back up HPS 100% now
i just ate some awesome weed brownies

February 21

Gave the girls a good good watering, seeing as I havn't really given them much, maybe they will grow better with a better watering :rolleyes: . Also added some more soil to cover some roots that were showing from the transplant.

Temperatures are changing all the time. When I first arrived at the grow this afternoon, the temperature was sitting at 9 degrees C. So, either I can add a few more cfls or a few incandecant bulbs or flood lights for heat or I can turn on the propane heater every morning and every couple of hours after that for the whole day. Chances are I'll just add more lights...

Anyways, things are looking decent over here. Growth seems to be going much slower than the sativas I used to grow.

Also, a question for anyone reading, in the two first pictures, you can see some leaves touching the soil. I remember reading somewhere that they will eventually start rotting. Should I cut these leaves off or leave them be?

pic1.gif

pic2.gif

pic3.gif

leave them untill you see damage i had lots of growth in my greenhouse last year there was no problem untill oct when there was to much humidity

February 22

Things are progressing. Growth seems to be going kind of slow. I wonder if the temperature changes have anything to do with it.. On my biggest girl, when I came in today her leaves were kind of folded upwards. Temperatures today were at 14C. Eeek... C'mon spring, let's go let's go!

I could take a few clones if I wanted to. Could use those clones as maybe a few more mother plants, or just to have them super ready for spring for outdoors.

A friend of mine stopped by a couple of days ago to give me a bunch of old seeds. I put roughly 6 or 7 in a cup of water. Two days have passed and only one seems to have cracked its shell a tiny bit. If things turn out alright with those seeds, I'll definately use the females as mother plants too. They will probably have more of a sativa influence I'm guessing. Don't think the quality of the bud will be too great, but I'll definately be taking all I can get for this spring/summer.

Currently using a propane heater and a fan to blow the warm air into the box then shutting the door when the temps get to a decent temperature. Kind of sucks, but it's what I'm doing for now.

pic1.gif

pic5.gif

pic2.gif

pic3.gif

pic4.gif

could be the temp changes depending how drastic they are
theyre definitly growing they look dope
you can see it in the pics guy
great job

Thanks don, encouraging words :).

Decided to add some more light to the box. I found an extra 42 watter from my last grow so I might as well add that, right? So I took out a 23 watter and added the 42 watt. I've also added another reflector using a 27 watter cfl. So each plant has a light on the top and on two sides. Wondering how much better the growth will be with the added lights. The plants will be better off with the extra light because they add heat and I've been having a few minor problems with cold. Temperatures have been reading 25C for the past hour or two. Good so far.

pic1.gif

pic2.gif

pic3.gif

February 23

More pictures. Blah, I'm sure nobody will be pissed off at seeing too many pictures of marijuana:cool: .

No seeds that I put in water have cracked yet. I could have sworn I saw a seed starting to open up... So I put 5 more seeds into the cup, hopefully at least one will germ.

Last night when I went to sleep, I put plastic garbage bags over the seams on the door and a few air leaks to try to keep the heat in. There is a fan hole in the back for any possible stale air to leak out. When I arrived today at the box, temps were readig 18 degrees C. Not too bad but could be better. The girls looked less fazed from the cold than before but I still think they would loveee steady temperatures from 24-26 or something like that. I might seriously start thinking about adding an incandesant bulb to heat things up. Too bad they use so many watts. Just one bulb will be adding like 40 watts. Eek, oh well.

Looks like my biggest girl is starting to enjoy the extra light and a more regular watering schedule. If you look closely inside the leaves, you can see she's starting to grow many shoots all over, which is most excellent. This means plenty of future clones! I'm putting the bulbs on the sides pretty close to penetrate all the dense foilage and get at those shoots.

The smaller plant still seems to look the same, if not a little bit bigger. She's got some shoots growing some length coming from the near bottom. Hopefully she starts kicking the growth up a notch. Just gotta be patient... Anyways, happy growing.

pic1.gif

pic2.gif

pic3.gif

Latest posts

Back