Mite infestation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Friend-of-a-friend

Reaction score
I just had 2 clones of a really good strain gifted to me today, and I put them right into my veg chamber with the rest of my vegging plants. Then just about an hour ago I thought to go look at them and low and behold, theyre mite infested! I've been lucky enough to not have to deal with the lil buggers yet, but now I need some advice....I dont wanna throw the clones out because their 10 times better than any strain I've got. How do I beat these buggers...(cheap homeremedies would be ideal with my $ situation, but if I have to go spend some $ I will)

hmm.. i havent had any bug problems yet, gulp.

But, i wouldnt chance it bro, get some neem oil, see if that helps, if not, scrap the clones.

If you eliminate the chance, it will not exist.

neem oil , 50%ISO/50%water, safer soap, The link in my sig are all weapons to fight bugs , Try 50%ISO(isopropyl alcohol 70 or 90%) 50% water a few drops dish detergent
Spray completely let dry and spray again. Watch plants and repeat or try different treatment. By using different treatments bugs can not build up a resisent to them, so they will die off better and less change of them returning.

Jbonez, as I mentioned these two clones are much better than any crappy bagseed strain I'v grown thus far. I am hesitant to order genetics off line, so plan on making these two clones my mothers for ALL grows from now on, so just throwin them out is really not an option. I would rather kill the plants in an attempt to kill the mites (heaven forbid), than just throw them away outright. I'll get some pics of them up here after I get some coffee in me.

i nuked my chamber with neem+soap+iso+h2o2 3 imes a day for 3 days, then went on vacation and didn't water for 4 days and it totally eradicated them. i had also added a humidifier.

by nuke i mean spraying bottom and top until i was slipping on the cement floor cause of how much had rained off. used bout 2L/session.

be swift man, within 3 days of the mites showing, i had 4/5 plants herm on me 5th week of flower, 17th week total:O

thanks guys. I made a solution of water/soap/pepperjuice and hit em with that last night. Today its ISO/water/dishsoap. Going to the store tonight to get some NEEMS. Do they sell this product at home improvement stores, or just gardening centers?

i had to go to wormsway, a hydro/brewing shop for my neem. look it up on google local business search. thats how i find odd stuff like this in my town.

also, alternating like you are doing is a good idea. the mites adapt real quick sometimes so mix things up including time of spray as well.

I've never seen Neem at anything other then a Grow store.
You have a great plan, treat the clones every 3-4 days with a new "mixture" and all should be well!

One more quick question...I should be spraying the soil as well as the total plant (underside and over of leaves), right?

i did get a very even leaf death after treatment, but im not sure if they got burn form the spray, the mites got them, or if it was the 4 days without water... some big fan leaves are dieing from the palm out up the fingers. getting crispy brown.like where the solution would have puddled. may just be late flower death tho too. it sint progressing, only the prior effected leaves are hurt.

mites dont really live in the soil, but i would and did do it anyway. i always have a few stray gnats(Started my grow with INFESTED soil from the store) so its never bad to hit the soil from time to time.

Latest posts

Back