MN

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Often, you find what you look for. Sort of like the carpenter that only has a hammer. Every problem looks just like a nail to him. It's all fueled by what he chose to place in his own hand. This forum has plenty of kindness, just not much games playing, other than the afore mentioned breaking of the ball$.

One carries on about what they wants responses to, and when they get them their reaction tells a lot about their intentions.

I've been interviewing and trying the cases of criminal defendants for over 30 years, it sort of made a human lie/motive detector out of me, and more importantly, I've noticed that by by looking at what people throw out, and then how they react to feedback they get tells me loads. I believe in psychology it is referred to as "The looking glass self" which holds that people constantly throw out information to others, and look at their reaction to define themselves, sort of like looking in a mirror, and sprucing yourself up.

Sometimes if uncomfortable with that self perception, one begins to explain how it "should be" perceived (they think) by others, regardless of what the actual perception is....and that is where it begins to get interesting.

If you post about personal sections, guess what? Guys are going to inquire, and that should be no surprise. I dont think folks are here looking for romance, frankly.

If you post "facts" about yourself, especially if it is germane to growing cannabis in some way people are going to inquire...it's their interest you chose to pique, no? No one is paranoid here I've seen. Just enjoying the banter.

No need to take ANY of this personal, no need to pick up your toys and go home, just enjoy. No one is after anything from you here, if you put something out, you are going to get reactions. That's what forums are about, right? If you don't want people asking about stuff, maybe dont put the trigger out there...

I dont think you are, but sometimes people throw stuff out to attract an argument, or some other entanglement, which is known as trolling. I don't think you are trolling, but it shouldnt surprise you to get reactions to posts. Some agree, some not. We all have opinions, no biggie.

It's all good, we all are after at least one common ground here, growing.

Bubba
Agree 100%

Dude…. You might have just graduated to my most favorite person here. I spent the last 25 years around convicts (I just throw that out and see how it’s perceived) but I whole heartedly agree, and so well stated. If I post and ONLY say “I’m straight”(for example- it’s a hot button subject yes, that’s the intent here) some will think I’m sure that it’s a dig at those who are not, jump in and call me “phobic” without even asking why I posted and run me through the proverbial grinder. I used that phrase bc in slang, it also means nothing to do with sexual identity… it simply means “i’m good to go” or i’m cool… I don’t need anything. Perception is everything, and jumping to conclusions without asking for clarity is dangerous or sometimes simply just unhelpful. But ppl seem to seem more willing to tell ppl what they can say and do while also screaming for their own liberty. Sometimes ppl should… JUST MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS unless someone addresses you specifically. That’s the problem. That’s how the term KAREN was created. Some nosey ass calling the police 🤷🏽‍♂️ for something that they PERCEIVE wrongly… and ppl die as a result.
Perceptive - what does the acronym KAREN stand for? (genuine question)

Latest posts

Back