Mold and bud rot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djcoolj

Reaction score
do you know of any pics available to show what mold and bud rot looks like. I had to through out the last of my smoke from a fungi or mold and my grow room has spicked a couple times up to 90 f. I have a couple of WW in their 7th week of 12/12. I have steped up the Vent and have the fan running 24/7. My buds are hard and very sticky how can I tell if there is rot or mold. please look at pics
Thanks

5 002.JPG

5 007.JPG

5 008.JPG

the 3 erd pic is the base of the second plant pics taken with old camra sorry

I don't see any problems. What are you seeing that makes you think you have mold and bud rot

I beleave the bud rot I had came from a very large blueberry in my last grow I think I stored it to early (the inside of the largest bud was still wet) the bud rot and mold over took every thing I had in 3 days. So I am very very periniod. I want to make sure its not in my bloom room. I through out the old and I havn't found any thing that I can distinguish between good and infected plants and or buds.
Thanks for your help. I have never had mold or rot in the past It should be outlawed.

hey there dj, very nice buds there, such buds can get mold even if you add oscilating fans cuz theyr thick and the innerparts get moldy if relative humidity is high, they still dont show but unfortunately when it shows itss usually too late cuz the only way i noticed it was when i saw a leaf go brown and dead real quick the brown is unique cant describe it you'll know it if you see it, the leaf comes off as soon as you move it and the mold would then show up after it had gotten to the inner buds and ate through the leaf stem. i'm not sayin you have mold just sayin you need a dehumidifier to keep your precious grows safe. hope this helps :)cheers

Do you know what the humidity is? If you were talking about powder mold, there are pics around here. I took a few in my gj. Not sure where, but near the end.

I Would love to have a dehumidifer when i build my new set up I will. this set up only has to last another 4 weeeks for all plants to finish. But my last grow was awsome. then all of a sudon its all gone mold grew so fast on buds that were dried.
Thanks for all the help.and post any moldy pics that my save some ones grow.
PEACE

Do a search for threads by Hamster Lewis...he had a grow get the bud rot and he took great pictures of it. I think it was the Russian rocket fuel thread but not sure

They look nice!

I make the mistake of over correcting on grows based upon problems I had in previous grows...

example: I got paranoid about getting spider mites a while ago and decided to neem my crop too often..I ended up burning some leaves pretty badly...

don't treat for a problem that may not even be there brutha!

that doesn't mean that you shouldn't be vigilant about checking for problems though:)

Take your biggest bud and just pry it open and take a look INSIDE the bud, any brown or white hairy looking stuff is mold.

gd is right. You don't have to chop the bud either. Gently bend/ separate the individual buds away from the stem, inspecting the tight spaces between them. Any rot is obvious. Look for tan leaves that seem out of place. The bud will be rotten next to them almost every time.

Latest posts

Back