mooo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

valleyboy

Reaction score
hey..im kinda new here but does anyone know some natural cow deterrents? short of putting up a fence. ive had a neighbors cows get into my yard before and munch some plants, i know they wouldn't think twice this season!

:holysheep: haha

:welcome: Use predator urine around the garden, don't know if it helps with cows but it helps with other animals and is worth a try.

There's a chemical called Skoot it works for all animals in the wild so I don't see why it wouldn't work for your MOO problem!

This may help ;)

:peace:

lahti.jpg

liberal application of b.b.'s from a red ryder b.b. gun works well.

and cheap fabric solar powered horse fence from tractor supply for when you are not there.

Cattle are THE worst... good luck!... they have no fear of "man" smells.

An electrified fence works well. And wolves work just as well. Come to idaho and take as many as you want

Good luck. Us cows are a resilient animal.

It can take a lot to ward us off, and then, just when you think you've got it into our heads that we should "stay away or become burger-meat", here we come again. We just never learn......

And there's nothing worse than a milker with rough hands; perhaps pinch those titties a little rough?

The good news is, cows can't jump, or really work up much speed to bang through tough barriers, so there is your best bet friend.

From Hick:
Cattle are THE worst

He speaks the truth, I am sorry to say.... but let's thank them for mooshrooms at least.

valleyboy said:
does anyone know some natural cow deterrents?
Sure, post pictures of a Smoking BBQ around your yard with T-Bones on it! hehe, that oughta scare em.

POTUS is right because I don't think a Mickey D's sign would worry them too much anymore!

POTUS said:
Sure, post pictures of a Smoking BBQ around your yard with T-Bones on it! hehe, that oughta scare em.

Really, why don't cows run for the hills at the smell of our human b-b-q gatherings?

LOL,,,its not the "bales" that you guys are using to sit on that is bringin em in,,,,is it Moo?

I can't speak for all of course..... but I will see what I can do about convincing the bovine brethren of mine to stick to the bladed grasses; Say, maybe plant some p. arundinacea around the crop? Nothing like an alternative psychedelic grass to dissuade those black and white bud munchers from our sweet greenery. That'd make for some interestingly useful cow paddies too I'm sure.

sorry for taking so long to reply lol but i have a 50 cal, however those are not exactly legal and are loud as **** and would only draw attention :p. i think i'm gonna have to go with a little fence. and btw if you think cows aren't fast i guess you haven't seen one run lol. in the canyons near my town i've seen cows scale down 1000 of feet of mountain in less than 30secs(downhill at least). however i dont think they understand that at those speeds that could knock over a friggin tank :p.

anyways thanks for all your help you guys...i have one more question though i'll just throw it in here instead of wasting another thread on it.. when attampting to sex from seeds, what do you guys do? i dont want to wait til budding season to chop down a plant and have it be just a waste of nutes and soil.. my brother was telling me reverting to 12/12 then back to vegging is too stressful and to quote him he said "let me know how your bammer comes out". is this true? i know he only has 2 seasons under his belt so hopefully some of you REAL veteran gardeners can clear this up for me, any good info and methods on sexing would be greatly appreciated :D

city said:
An electrified fence works well. And wolves work just as well. Come to idaho and take as many as you want

If I get busted taking fences out of Idaho I'm telling LEO you gave me permission.:D As far as wolves go, no thanks, our state has plenty.

valleyboy said:
anyways thanks for all your help you guys...i have one more question though i'll just throw it in here instead of wasting another thread on it.. when attampting to sex from seeds, what do you guys do? bag over branch method? i dont want to wait til budding season to chop down a plant and have it be just a waste of nutes and soil.. my brother was telling me reverting to 12/12 then back to vegging is too stressful and to quote him he said "let me know how your bammer comes out". is this true? i know he only has 2 seasons under his belt so hopefully some of you REAL veteran gardeners can clear this up for me, any good info and methods on sexing would be greatly appreciated :D

bump***

..most take cuttings, label them to correspond with the plants from seed, and place them on 12/12 for a few weeks.
You can root the clones and flower the donors... OR vice cersa.. flower the cuttings and continue to veg the donors

Hick said:
..most take cuttings, label them to correspond with the plants from seed, and place them on 12/12 for a few weeks.
You can root the clones and flower the donors... OR vice cersa.. flower the cuttings and continue to veg the donors

i dont know why i didnt think of this earlier

Latest posts

Back