Most Frustrated Grower Known To Man.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How tall are your plants now? 3-8 inches

How far from the lights are the tops of your plants? Is this a constant distance or have you changed it recently? About 15 Inches Now.

How old are they? Month And A Half

What strain are they?(5 White Widow - 3 Blueberry/Black Widow)

Did you start them from seed or clone? Seed

What type of containers are you using and what size are they in gallons?
PLASTIC BUCKETS 2 GALLONS. Holes Drilled In Bottom

What mixture of dirt or type of dirt did you use?
Plain Potting Soil - Perlite -Peat Moss

Is it a type that has added nutrients like "Miracle Grow"?
NO

What mixture of perlite, vermiculite and other additives have you used if any? PERLITE

Lights : HPS 24\7

Wattage? 400

What nutrients are you feeding your plants?
Some Organic Mix. 3-1.5-4.

Soil ferts? NONE

Do you use ventilation for your indoor grow?
YES -

Fan? YES TWO

Temperature? 80

Humidity? 23%

Is CO2 being introduced? NO

I could cry reading peoples grow journals because I have the plants from hell. To this point I feel like Ive done everything known to man. From the begining they have been growing really slow. They germinated in 3 days. THIS WAS ON NOVEMBER 11TH. Were going on a month and a half veggie time and my plants about 8 inches tall now. One of them is still around 3 inches. Now to top it off the bottom older leaves are turning yellow. After the last watering I used nitrozyme for the first time and ended up with brown spots on the leaves - 2 much I think. The PH of the water seems to be good. The SOIL PH seems to be decent maybe slight high around 7.0. Im not overwatering them I let the soil dry out. Could these just possibly be bad seed? 5 feminized from a company called dutch passion. I latest watering (today) I added a teaspoon of epson salts to the watering to see if that helps anything. I WANT TO PULL MY HAIR OUT.. ANY IDEAS WELCOME! Thanks:)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Soil PH.jpg

Soil PH 2.jpg

nutes.jpg

water.jpg

6.jpg

i am a noob too but i found that mine showed much better growth when i back the light from 24/7 to 18/6. maybe they could just use a rest from the light.

Ill tell you what,its not the light cycle.It appears to me they have been overwatered.It looks like your soil drains well.Ive always had good success with Dutch Passion seeds,I cant believe thats the fault.Im sure someone will chime in with infinit words of wisdom.LOL KID
After a closer look,they may be burnt.On the middle right picture,Are the leaves developing brown along the edges?I would try flushing with plain water and see what happens.

- stop nutes - flush with fresh water
- transplant them to their own pots... 1 per pot, 1 gal per foot of plant wanted
- only water when needed... when soil is DRY - down inside - but when you water give a BIG drink
- move light away a bit... 15 inches is too close m8 - get it to like 20+ inches and start there

Wow 'phoenix they do look ruff....
"I" usually 'read yellowing of lower/older leaves as a sign of nitrogen defficiency. The short, slow growth could be a reflection of that, too.

from the description of your grow, I don't immeadiiatly see anything that raises a "red flag", but let's troubleshoot.
How many times have you fertilized?..in what amounts/proportion of the "recommended" application?

I've no experience w/ Pure Blend...but it looks to me like they are hungry for N

"nitrozyme"....from a quick search, it looks like "highly concentrated growth hormone".....possibly due to the condition/health of your plants, it was "too much", but I don't think "that" is the root of the problem.

Hick said:
How many times have you fertilized?..in what amounts/proportion of the "recommended" application?

"nitrozyme"....from a quick search, it looks like "highly concentrated growth hormone".....possibly due to the condition/health of your plants, it was "too much", but I don't think "that" is the root of the problem.

Yea I believe I gave them too much nitrozyme but Ive had problems the whole time and that was recently. Ive fertilized maybe 3-4 times. The recommended is 1 ounce per gallon and thats about what ive used.

I have terminally low RH too, I mix my soils 'very airy' (nearly hydroponic) and I find that my plants still take very long to dry out. I am guessing with those sized plants in 2 gallon pots in my setup they could easily go 7 days without water. If your soil is less airy then mine, they could probably go even longer without water.

Gonna copy and paste my watering method from my journal:

I gotta say I have always seen the most growth just before watering. In my low RH environment, even in an airy mix, weekly waterings is not a problem for 'big pot girls'. I use the 'weight' method of watering and try to wait till I feel a big decrease in weight before watering. IMO the pots will gradually get lighter and lighter until one day you will notice a drastic decrease in weight. That is when I water. Interestingly enough, I have noticed in those 2 days before, the largest growth spurts. I am beginning to be able to tell that day just by watching growth.
cool.gif
Let me point out that this is still probably a day or 2 before any wilting/drought stress. I use the slow water method also, about 2 cups at a time every 20 min or so, till I get runoff. Then I usually give a last 2 cup watering and after an hour or so, dump any runoff.

You didn't mention yet how often you are watering, or how you are determining your soil moisture level, only that you are positive you are not overwatering. You also didn't mention your perlite ratio in your soilmix, but I can bet it is not as airy as mine. Give the weight method a shot...I bet they perk up during a dry spell.

Nitrozyme is a big catalyst...if your plant is not happy to begin with, adding it will certainly make things worse.

Good Luck

good call eman...I had thoughts along the same line, but had trouble putting it into words that made sense, without coming off as insulting him..:p
They definately look over watered.

your ph look like over 6 to me
but hey im new to growing

6.7 ph fr soil grows id personally change pot dont have to be massive like your are just individual pots lets say 2 litres each plant per pot and i would use the ebst potting soil very fine stuff not harsh compost **** cheap ****.

then water only no nutes also id do lights 20/4 to give them some rest check the heat on plant tops with yur hand if too hot raise the light.

apart from what ive said i cannot think of whats up with them but trust me dude............

I KNOW WHAT IM DOING....

just dont check my threads.

rofl

pkj

Latest posts

Back