Mrs. Hamster's Choice Grow 2014(HO T5/LED)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Music
Reaction score
I felt bad that most if not all of my last 3-4 grows have been stuff I have wanted to grow. So I let the wife pick a couple strains out of the Bean Vault. :)

I thought I had run through my whole pack of Satori but I found a couple beans of it in a small baggie. So she will be making an appearance this grow.
The G13 labs Fem Super Skunk and LA Confidential x Skunk, by DNA Labs I believe, are my wife's choices.

View attachment IMG_20140816_163959.jpg

I don't usually run from beans but that is what we will do here.

Vegetative Growth will be under a 2x4 4 bulb HO T5 fixture. It will happen in a 2x4 tent.
View attachment 251338673063_1.jpg

Flower will be under LED fixtures only. It will happen in a 4x4x6.5 tent.

I bought a new inline fan for the Veg Tent as the Old one was never very good and lately it has made the tent warmer than without it. It is not an inline fan so I expect the tent to be much cooler with the new one. Might need to pick up a Speed Controller. Might be too much on full.

Will try to keep this updated as much as Real Life intrusions will allow. :)

Will be adding some pics to this post as soon as I have them ready.

Nice.

I am growing that DNA LA Confidential x Skunk right now, week 5 veg from seed.

I want to pick up some Satori, I had 10 Voodoo seeds and I might not have a single female out of the 6 that popped. The seeds were 5 years old though.

We knew your wife had good tastes as she is your wife, but her selection of seeds, satori specifically shows just how good taste she has.

We knew your wife had good tastes as she is your wife, but her selection of seeds, satori specifically shows just how good taste she has.

Exactly what I was thinking, Rosebud.

Nice.

I am growing that DNA LA Confidential x Skunk right now, week 5 veg from seed.

I want to pick up some Satori, I had 10 Voodoo seeds and I might not have a single female out of the 6 that popped. The seeds were 5 years old though.

I am a big fan of LA Confidential. Hope the Skunk cross is just as good or better.

Lol...thanks Rose. She did enjoy the Satori last time I grew it. This time I will be more careful and hold on to a cut.

Skunk Train comin thru....

Damn straight. Nothing like a little skunk. Thanks for stopping in my friend.

Looking forward to this show, know it will be a great one.

what the hell kind of fan is that lol should of got this one instead :) Joke

Oh I know that fan was a piece of crap. :) It was the first one I ever bought and I learned my lesson after it.

Hamster,
The Mrs likes the Satori.
What was you opinion of it ? How long did you flower ?

Hamster,
The Mrs likes the Satori.
What was you opinion of it ? How long did you flower ?

I believe I 10 weeks with it. I will see if I can find the journal with the info. I like it. It was a light feeder and the buds smelled like Candy. The high was an up, energetic kinda high. As with a lot of good strains I failed to keep a cutting alive and lost her.

I believe I 10 weeks with it. I will see if I can find the journal with the info. I like it. It was a light feeder and the buds smelled like Candy. The high was an up, energetic kinda high. As with a lot of good strains I failed to keep a cutting alive and lost her.

Grow journal would be great.
I am having a hard time finding a Satori grow journal.
Anyway- I will be watching this one

Grow journal would be great.
I am having a hard time finding a Satori grow journal.
Anyway- I will be watching this one

Rosebud should have at least One and maybe more Satori GJ's. Her and THG have been growing her for quite awhile.

Thanks for pulling up a seat. This one should be interesting. All LED's for Flower.

Okay August 18th and all the beans have gone into soil and under HO T5's in the Veg Tent.

I will be breaking a couple "rules" this grow. First up is starting my beans in pots together. They won't be staying together for long. I didn't have but One Solo Cup available so I started the 3 Satori and the 3 LA Con x Skunk in a single 1/2 gallon pot each. The One Fem bean is in the Solo Cup. As soon as the others come up they will get transplanted to 1/2 gallon pots of their own.

Second "rule" will be removing Fan Leaves. It will be done in Veg at least a week before the Flip.
Flowering under LED's has it's own challenges as far as Light Penetration. Maintaining an even canopy is a must so I am debating trying my first SCROG this grow.

Latest posts

Back