My 2nd Grow. Crystal clones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surreptitious

Supreme Chancellor
Reaction score
ok, so now that i got most of my stuff set up i'm going to document it here. i let a friend borrow my memory card reader so i dont have any pics, but i took some tonight and will upload them soon.

while i'm blooming my first batch of clones i'm going to start a new batch. hoopefully, by the time they are done blooming i'll be ready to bloom these.

my mothers were grown from seeds from here.
hxxp://www.marijuana-seeds.nl

i'm using their crystal. which is white widow crossed with northern lights.
hxxp://www.marijuana-seeds.nl/crystal-limit.html

Today, i cloned my mother. I took a total of 20 of them. I'm using root riot (hxxp://www.growthtechnology.com/prop-rootriot.asp) and ClonEx rooting gel. I'm also using a plastic tray with spots for the root riot and a clear plastic dome to keep the humidity high. I'll be misting them a few times a day with plain distilled water. I dont need 20 plants, i've only got more clones in case any dont make it. I plan on keeping 12-16 of them.

they are currently under T-5 high output flourescent lights. The entire veg cycle will be under the T-5s.

once they are rooted i will be planting them in 1 gallon square buckets with hydroton. I'll be using the top feed recirculating hydroponic setup.

The nutes that I'll be using are the 2 part General Hydroponics Flora Nova series. I'll be following the simple schedule that is on their website.
hxxp://www.generalhydroponics.com/genhydro_US/feeding_charts/GH_KeepItSimple_Recirculating.pdf

I will also be using their Floralicious Plus and KoolBloom. I will also be using Humbolt County's Own Bushmaster, Snow Storm Ultra, and Gravity later in this grow.

I think that's all for now. Any questions?

Would it be better to keep updating this same post or have a new post for each update?

thanks,
surrept

crystal is exciting nice choice cant wait to see how this goes.

Sounds like you have an exciting grow ahead :) Hope it all goes well for you with crystal galore :D I'll be watching as you go!

Warfish

Hello my new friend...I too grew out some crystal from seed.nl...Had some Monsters out back last summer...cnt wait to se the pics...Im apull up my crate and :watchplant:...oh....and post a new entry each time..people that want to fallow along will subscribe..but also keep in mind sme dont start posting in here until ya are flowering...IDK why just how some roll...Ill try and allow along best i can...

take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

hey guys, thanks! i'll be sure to keep updating even if there are no replies. flowering is the most rewarding phase! ;) well other than the smoking phase.

ok, i actually found the cable that goes to my camera! so, that's hot lol

anyways, pictures of when i first took the clones. they are under a 2 ft 4 bulb T5 light.

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

today, i transplanted them into hydroton. i originally wanted to do 16 plants, but i only had enough hydroton for 13 plants. maybe i'll make a trip to the hydro store to get yet another bag of the stuff. you'll notice that the humidity dome is still in there. i'm going to keep it in there with the leftover clones until i decide to by some more hydroton or just roll with 13 plants. we'll see.

first picture shows the roots. they look good to me and are ready for some nutes. some of the leaves are yellowing a bit, but thats ok. before they develop a root they use the leaves for nutrients.

again i'm using flora nova series from general hydroponics. I'll be using their "seedling" nute formula even though these guys are not seedlings. After about 10 days or so I'll kick them up to mild growth formula.

Anyways. 5 gallons of RO walmart culligan water, 12.5 ml of grow nutes, and then pH'd to 5.8. I will be topping off my rez each day with this same RO water and pH'ing it to 5.8.

they are sitting under 1, 4ft 4 bulb T5 with 2 grow bulbs and 2 bloom bulbs. trying to get the most out of the light spectrum. i also have the 2ft 4 bulb T5 with 4 grow bulbs. Hopefully, I'll be upgrading that soon to a 4 ft 6 bulb and use the 2ft one just for the cloning step. currently, the lights are aound 6 inches over the plants. i'm going to let their roots take hold in the hydroton and then move the lights closer...few days or so.

anyways, so far so good!

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

ordered today another T5 light. 6 bulbs 4ft long. i dont like that 2ft thats in there right now.

i'll use that 2ft for strickly cloning in the future. then i'll have 4 areas. a mother area, clone area, veg area, and the flowering tent, oh my! lol

2Dog said:
the roots on the clones look awesome!
thanks 2dog. the clippings really seem to love the ClonEx rooting gel and water. this is my 2nd batch of clones ever and none of them died that i wanted to live. i was looking at the ez-cloner aeroponics thing at the hydro store the other day, but it's $300. I cannot justify spending that much money when I've got something that works.

find attached some updated pictures from today. the plants seem to be responding well to the nutes i have given them. The taller ones are like 3-4 inches. I've rotated some of the smaller ones directly under the light until my 6 bulb 4 ft T5 shows up. Should be here next monday. In a few days i will be feeding them the "mild growth" formula from GH. 5 ml of FloraNova Grow and 0.5 ml of Floralicious Plus per gallon. Prolly keep the rez at 5 gallons for now to make sure all is well. next rez change I'll kick it up to 10 gallons and GH's "growth" formula.

I think they look good after being transplanted only a week ago!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

ok, i've started to do some LST training on these guys. let me know what you think. for some reason this feels very weird. like why am i messing with nature here. what did nature do to me? but i guess it's better than getting cut. although, they might get cut anyway lol

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

my 6 bulb HO T5 showed up today and i installed it. plants seem to be doing ok with the LST. i'm going to start tying down more of the new growth soon. i think i'd like these plants to have 4 or 5 good tops on them.

check out the updated pics.

25.jpg

26.jpg

does anybody happen to know what would cause this?

the tips of that leaf are turning brown. shouldnt be nute burn and my pH is adjusted to 5.8 daily.

27.jpg

could be too much heat, have the brown bits gone crispy:?

tester said:
could be too much heat, have the brown bits gone crispy:?

highest temp the room gets is 85 degrees Fahrenheit. i'll check the brown bits and see if they are crispy.

temps not the prob if your lights too close it will burn them like that

Latest posts

Back