My 2nd Grow. Crystal clones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have done the hand test on this and my hand doesnt burn.

they are T-5 lights, dont put off as much heat as HIDs.

i have raised the light up a few inches just in case. i dont think it will hurt any.

tester said:
could be too much heat, have the brown bits gone crispy:?

the brown bits have gone crispy. i have raised the light. how close can you get t-5s to the plant?

surreptitious said:
In a few days i will be feeding them the "mild growth" formula from GH. 5 ml of FloraNova Grow and 0.5 ml of Floralicious Plus per gallon.

Mild states 2.5 ml FLoranova grow and 1.0 Florolicious plus.
Its never a 50/50 ratio like that.

Flush and start with Floronova grow only its all you need in vegg anyway.

hxxp://www.genhydro.com/calculator/index.html

Growdude said:
Mild states 2.5 ml FLoranova grow and 1.0 Florolicious plus.
Its never a 50/50 ratio like that.

Flush and start with Floronova grow only its all you need in vegg anyway.

hxxp://www.genhydro.com/calculator/index.html

growdude, maybe i'm missing something, but i used the calculator and have attached the screen shot. it's for a 1 gallon rez. mild growth says 5 ml of grow and 1 ml of florolicious plus.

nutrient calculator.jpg

after further review, i did mess up. i only used .5 ml per gallon of florolicious plus, when i called for 1 ml.

Things are looking pretty good :) I'm sure the minor burns on the tips will stop for you, at least I'm hoping for you :D

I would like to follow along if you dont mind:watchplant:

in this thread people said that my burnt tips might be nute burn and that i should back off the nutes for a while:
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51624 about

well, i did the complete opposite. i kicked it up to what GH's schedule calls "growth"

5 gallons of RO water from wally world
50 ml of Flora Nova Grow
5 ml of floralicious plus

attached are pictures 10 days later. while i am still getting some burnt tips, i am still getting new growth and they are getting bigger. look at the picture i posted on 01/11/2010 and then compare it to today's picture. only 14 days! from my understanding of nute burn, they would not continue to get bigger. someone please correct me if i'm wrong.

except for these burnt tips, i think i'd be good to flower these right now. and get a SOG thing going on!

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

warfish said:
Things are looking pretty good :) I'm sure the minor burns on the tips will stop for you, at least I'm hoping for you :D

I would like to follow along if you dont mind:watchplant:

lol, i hope you mean won't stop you! because it wont!

pull up a chair. the more the merrier!

ok, so today i changed out the rez.

5 gallons of RO water
50 ml of GH's Flora Nova Grow nutes
5 ml of GH's florolicious

the plants are doing really well. still getting small amounts of burnt tips, but all in all not too bad. i'll take some more pictures in the next few days.

not the clearest pictures in the world, but you get the idea.

it's hard to tell that i've LST'd them, but if you look at the sides of the pots you can see the strings hanging down. the pots already had slits in them that i used to tie the string down, so that was cool.

soon, i'll start some lollipopping on them. i've still got around 4 weeks left before i can move them to the flowering tent (it's currently occupied lol)

150.jpg

151.jpg

surreptitious said:
lol, i hope you mean won't stop you! because it wont!

pull up a chair. the more the merrier!

just re-read what you said, ....lol the burning tips seem to be slowing down...but i didnt decrease my nutes, i increased them. interesting :)

dont have any updated pictures, but yesterday i changed out my rez.

5 gallons RO water
25 ml grow nutes
12.5 of humboldt county's own bushmaster

bushmaster is a vertical growth inhibitor. it's supposed to make the nodes on the new growth closer together to make the buds more compact on top. it's also supposed to reduce the initial flowering stretch. i'll be running this for 5-7 days. this amount of bushmaster is double from my last batch. the last batch still had a good amount of stretch during the initial flowering stretch.

we'll see how this works.

Well Surrep...Twas on the wrong page..and started writing, so I am gonna say what I said..cause you asked me...
Nice..thanks for the PM, so I would look...Lots to get caught up on here..me being new to this forum. I would suggest, not having your T-5 so close. If you look at the EZ Cloner shots on my thread, we have it up a bit higher.
Your tube feed looks similar to ours, love that feeding. We switched out of hydroton about 7 mnths ago...Lights definitely possible reason for burn. We have done that in our flower shed. Our rooms have oscillating heaters in them and temps run about 75* with fans up high and down low...Other wise they look healthy...If you do not have the Jorge Cervantes book...I recommend it..does not tell all, but tells quite a bit more, than I ever knew...It gives you an idea of what nutes are too much and leaf by leaf....although...not always helpful...

Also, forgive my asking, but do you have this all in a small room or cab type setting..I am confused...

So, you asked..haha...thats all I can say for now...We do not top...or stretch our plants...we have the lights on the little pulley....
Nice lil set up though....nice...

cali, thanks for stopping by :)

this is one of the spare bedrooms in my house. it's about a 20' x 20' room give or take. i've got 4 areas setup.

1. mother space. tray is 3' x 3'
2. veg space (the space these ladies are) tray is 3' x 3'
3. flowering tent-3'x3' tray in a 5'x5'x8' tent.
4. cloning station - small tub with a humidity dome and a 2ft 4 bulb t-5.

i am using my central a/c to circulate air in the space. i have it so that it splits the air coming in to the room and then to the flowering tent. the flowering tent has a carbon scrubber in it, connected to the MH light and then taken out of the room. i also usually keep the door open with a box fan to get more fresh air in there.

i also breath on them a lot LOL :)

i will raise the lights a little bit, hopefully that will help my issues. since i increased the nutes i get the burnt tips less, but am still getting a little bit.

ok, so i have updated this in a while.

feb 7th, rez change. 5 gallons water, 25 ml grow nutes, 12.5 ml bushmaster.
i have used the bushmaster to make the top nodes grow closer together. i only ran it for 5 days. i did this on my last batch, but still had a good bit of stretch. so, this time i made them respect the bushmaster. I got some leaf twist and burnt tips, but that is to be expected and lets you know it's working.

feb 12th, Rez change. 5 gallons water, 50 ml grow nutes, 5 ml florolicious plus, pH'd to 5.8. during this day and the 13th i started to do some of the lollipopping on these ladies. the leaf twist has been resolved, although i still have a little bit of burnt leaf tips (that wont repair itself). i will also be doing a clean up of the bottom branches 2 weeks into flowering.

feb 18th, Moved plants to the flowering Tent (400 watt MH light in there). For the first 3 days they will be getting total darkness. This is a trick to jump start them into flowering mode.

Also changed the rez: 5 gallons water, 20ML Grow, 20ML bloom, 10ML liquid koolbloom, 5ML calmag, and 5ML florolicious plus

this is a little lighter than what GH calls for. they call for 25ML grow, 25ML bloom, 12.5ML liquid koolbloom and 5ML florolicious plus.

i have reduced it because my last flowering batch got a little burn. I also added calmag because last time they had a Ca and Mg deficiency. I'm trying to be a little proactive this time instead of retroactive.

after 3 days, i will take some pictures of them and post them up.

ok, here are pictures at 5 days into flowering. the tops are looking nice and compact. still recovering from the burnt tips due to the bushmaster, but all in all look pretty good to me.

11.jpg

12.jpg

Latest posts

Back