My first grow.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Straight Illin'

Reaction score
My first thread is going to profile my first ever grow. I figure it's worthy.

Well basically this was just on a great idea while blitzed.

I noticed I had seed starter for some mango trees I'm trying to grow and realized my twenty bag had an absolute ton of seeds. Without doing any real research I threw a few seeds into a peat moss seed starter pot with some seed starter fertilizer. I also put six into a paper towel in a dark place.

So far, Day 2, a few in the pots have sprouted and are on a 24 hour light cycle.

Still nothing in the papertowels.

I'm pretty psyched to get into this and ANY tips would be GREATLY appreciated.

Wish me luck!

PICT0001.JPG

Whats up mang. Your best bet is to start here by reading how to grow MJ if you haven't already. http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5837 There are plenty of members on here willing to help ya but please take a look and read some of the material in the link. In the long run it will help ya more than any member. Here is some GREEN MOJO for your babies. Good luck on the grow. ;)

GreenMojo.JPG

I would stay away from ANY fertilizer for a few weeks. Babies are very sensitive.

Hmm. Even the "seed starter"?

What do you recommend?

And TBG, thanks a ton. I'm gonna read up in a few. Gonna get some shut eye first.

I definately think I overheated the babehs last night. But it's ok. I have some more germinating. I expected the first to be a little of a flub.

Thanks more though guys.

I never use anything for seeds or seedlings. After the seed breaks open I put it in a solo cup filled with vermiculite. Vermiculite encourages strong root growth and it has no nutrients in it. The seedlings get everything they need from water. You should get a pH tester though because thats where I messed up. I was giving them water that had a high pH and it burned them.

Then after about two weeks you can repot them in large pots that they can stay in until harvest. For lighting I would definitely use florescents for the 1st two weeks also. They don't put out hardly any heat so you can put the lights right above the plant. After 2 weeks switch to an HID light such as Metal Halide or High Pressure Sodium for the remainder of the grow. Good luck!

you can even start with the HID lamp. Just raise is up a bit higher for a few until they get used to it.

Ok. I'm actually about to run out to the home depot. The first few seedlings seem to be recovering, so I'm not going to discard them just yet. But I am going to start some fresh ones in straight vermiculite.

So. Yes, I scrapped the ones in the seed starter. They never made it any further than the sprout :-(.

But I started some more seeds in some "peat pods" or something and 3 are coming by quite well.

Here's inlies the question.

The three that are sprouting, one is sprouting and pushing the bean end up and the other two are doing the opposite. Which end is the right end? Should I correct the single or the other two at all?

Lay the pots over on their sides. LOL Jus kiddin :)
Read some marijuana growing books.
Practice on cheap seeds like marigolds or sunflower.
Practice Study Read Read Ask some Questions about what you've read.
Read Practice Study Focus Get control of your mind and then make it do WHATEVER you want.

google "As a Man Thinketh" by dead guy james allen.

Become a god like you're suppose to become :)

Create your life by what you think man.....

Peace&Love.......

Whew what happened.....oh ranting again. :(

I practicing not doing that but sometimes we are just excited about progress....hey you know "perfection" is close..if you think it is

Ok. So I realized that the bean side had two little leaves. So I now have four seedlings under two 26 watt, 1600 lumen CFLs.

Alright. So my Vermiculite JUST came in the mail.

Just Vermiculite for two weeks?

Shibby.

Yeah. They're within an inch or two. But they are cool. I've been reading and I'm gonna pick up a warm one in a day or so. Needs the moneys.

UPDATE Well, I thought one of the three were REALLY not going to make it. I seriously thought I had killed it. I come home from work this morning and it's TRIPLED IN SIZE and the other two are starting to get a second set of leaves. Two seem to have a little burn on their tips but I lowered the pH and it's slowly improving.

Also, it's odd. I got all the seed from the same bag. But two leaves are wide and dark green, and one's leaves are thin and light... But it's still growing like hell!

Well.

The thin one has filled out quite nicely, and spots are dissapearing.

Second set is formed and growing rapidly.

Gah. I just wish it would all grow in one night.

About a month and a half old. A foot and a half tall.

Long time no update..

Down to two, clipped the third small one and fed it to the dog.

He loves his salad:D

Pics in the morning.

My momma wants me to chop these suckers down.

I don't have the heart.

So I think I'm going to put them into flower 2 weeks early :-(. They do have alt. nodes though, so..

Oh yeah, anyone have any clue why the leaves on the right plant are about triple the size, and less in number, to the right plant?

PICT0030.JPG

PICT0029.JPG

PICT0028.JPG

PICT0027.JPG

Latest posts

Back