My first Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diversified

Old Timer
Reaction score
I started some seeds today in a mix of 2/3 soil from out in the trees and 1/3 compost, sand and lime. I am going to keep them indoors until 4/20 then they are going outside. I have 52 acres. At least 25 acres of it is trees. There is a stream with a water fall out in the trees. I think I will scatter them throughout the 25 acres on the north side of the stream. The stream runs east to west. That way they will get the most exposure to the sun.

Here is a list of what I have planted so far:

4 Afghan Kush
3 White Russian
2 Super Lemon Haze
2 Kings Kush
1 Cheese
1 Train Wreck
1 White Widow
1 Bubba Kush

I have 8 White Russian and 8 Afghan Kush seeds left for the next round.

I forgot to mention. The area I am starting the seeds in is 30" x 20". I have 8 26 watt cfls that give off 1750 lumens each for a total of 14,000 lumens. The temp in there is right at 76 degrees Fahrenheit. I have a small fan blowing the air around to keep it from getting too hot.

These are the seeds I planted on 2/27. They popped out of the ground on 3/2. So the are 1 week above ground today. The one on the right is Afghan Kush and the one on the left is White Russian. I'm still waiting for the rest to pop up. The pics aren't the greatest. I need to get a better camera.

MyGirls.jpg

Diversified said:
I started some seeds today in a mix of 2/3 soil from out in the trees and 1/3 compost, sand and lime. I am going to keep them indoors until 4/20 then they are going outside. I have 52 acres. At least 25 acres of it is trees. There is a stream with a water fall out in the trees. I think I will scatter them throughout the 25 acres on the north side of the stream. The stream runs east to west. That way they will get the most exposure to the sun.

Here is a list of what I have planted so far:

4 Afghan Kush
3 White Russian
2 Super Lemon Haze
2 Kings Kush
1 Cheese
1 Train Wreck
1 White Widow
1 Bubba Kush

I have 8 White Russian and 8 Afghan Kush seeds left for the next round.
WOW ! this is my 1st grow and i'm just hoping for 4 a i's to come up

Alright a start! Packing a fresh bowl fer your unpopped ladies! Mooooojooooo!

Thanks! I think I may have killed one of my Lemon Haze :( For some stupid reason I thought I should loosen the top of the soil and I pulled the seed with the tap root out of the soil. I put it back, but I don't think it will make it. I get very impatient and thought losening the top soil would make it easier for them to sprout.

UPDATE!​
I just checked and all of the seeds have popped through the ground during the night. That includes all the freebies that I got with my order from Attitude!! Even the Super Lemon Haze that I thought I may have killed is looking good today. After they get a little more grown up, I will taks a few pics! HAPPY DAYS!!​

Dude you land sounds like HEAVEN! Trees, rivers, WATER FALL! really, really! Sounds like my home state of Michigan :) Hope one day I can go back to MI and buy some land. I sould do that a.s.a.p becuase ppl in MI arnt doing sooooo good and land is really cheap!

But any way dude cant wait to see your full setup and more when it get outside :D

Here is the Afghan Kush that popped up on 3/2/10. It's getting there. The White Russian is the same size. The rest are only a week old so no sense in taking pics of them yet. I also planted 8 more White Russian seeds and 8 more Afghan Kush seeds today. I'll up a couple new pics in a couple of weeks.

AK3_18_10.jpg

lets see the younger ones....i have some seedlings about the same age, and would like to compare growth rate. how many days old? this soil growing is driving me bananas. Loola

SmokeyTheBear said:
Dude you land sounds like HEAVEN! Trees, rivers, WATER FALL! really, really!

I was thinking the same thing. Can't wait till I get my act together and get a place like that.:D

Here are a few of the babies. They aren't much to look at yet. They popped their heads out of the ground on 3/11/10, so they are 9 days old today. There is a Super Lemon Haze, Train Wreck, Kings Kush Afghan Kush and Cheese in this shot.

Babies.jpg

SmokeyTheBear said:
Dude you land sounds like HEAVEN! Trees, rivers, WATER FALL! really, really! Sounds like my home state of Michigan :) Hope one day I can go back to MI and buy some land. I sould do that a.s.a.p becuase ppl in MI arnt doing sooooo good and land is really cheap!

But any way dude cant wait to see your full setup and more when it get outside :D

Yeah, we really like it out here. There are trails out in the trees and we have a few horses so we take them out there. There are also Morel mushrooms all over the place around the first week in May. They are great to munch on.

Latest posts

Back