My indoor set-up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Back-packer

Reaction score
Ok, let me start by saying I just joined this forum and it has been a great help. So thank you to all of those out there that obtain this helpful info.

So this is my set-up;
I have a 1000wt MH in a 2.6' x 4.0' closet. Along with a 70 fcm ventilation fan with an active carbon filter so there's no smell. Im also instaling a drip system for my watering.

I plan on an SOG style growing, Im putting 25 plants in there to get started. If it helps Im growing an indica called Indigo (from VISC), I plan on only leting them get about 12"-16" tall before flowering.

What do yall think about this set-up? I'm looking for any helpful info that could make my growing more efficient, and yield the most I can with this set-up.

Sounds good man. What are your temps like in there? Are you using clones or seeds? Also what size containers are you using to get 25 plants in 10.5 sq feet of space?

Everything you have planned sounds good, but I have one question and a comment. How are you going to pack 25 plants into a drip system, and I believe you might need more than a 70cfm fan.

I haven't instaled the fan yet, you think it needs to be bigger? I also haven't instaled the drip system yet, any ideas. Right now Im growing a mother plant inwhich Im going to clone from. My temp right now is way too high which is why I was going to instal the 70 fcm ventilation fan unless I need more. The current temp is 95 degrees F, that's why I need to instal the fan asap.

I'm going to use 6" pots for the clones, I didn't figure they needed anything larger because Im not leting them get very big before I force flowering.

Ok, Get a bigger fan. and get an intake fan. I have a 1000 watter too and my room is 4'x 3.2'. I'm running a Vortex 449CFM exhaust ran through my aircoolable hood and a 6" duct fan for an intake. Also have 3 lower vents about 12"x6". I fight to keep the temps in the low 80s and that is when its 30 degrees outside.

Also I wouldn't let them get to a foot durring veg. You'll have plants that will finish over 3' when flowering is done and such a small pot will not support that type of plant.

ps you can pick up a 6" 250cfm duct fan from home depot for like $35.

Those duct fans at home depot arent prewired with a grounded plug though? correct?

NO but its really easy and you can find all the stuff to wire it up there. all you need is a grounded plug which is like 2.50 and some wire and wire nuts. Or jsut find a cheap grounded extension cord and cut it.

Do you think if I used a 6 inch duct fan and hooked it up to a 4 in duct leading outside the growroom I will still get the rated cfm that home depot shows it can produce? I know Im going to need a some sort of 4 inch to 6 inch connector to make the two connect but do you think it will work out? I see that the 4 in only does 80 cfm, while the 6 in does 250 cfm. Any suggestions. Sorry to butt in, but it has been on my mind for a while now.

So lets say I want my plants to be 16" when they are done flowering, should I let them only get to about 6" in veg phase and then move to 12/12 lighting.

also does anyone know a surefire way to grow a female, cause my last grow turned all male. Also I was wondering about the safety of this site, could my chating on this site come back to bite me in the ass?

kyle244948 said:
Do you think if I used a 6 inch duct fan and hooked it up to a 4 in duct leading outside the growroom I will still get the rated cfm that home depot shows it can produce? I know Im going to need a some sort of 4 inch to 6 inch connector to make the two connect but do you think it will work out? I see that the 4 in only does 80 cfm, while the 6 in does 250 cfm. Any suggestions. Sorry to butt in, but it has been on my mind for a while now.

No you'll get something less then 250 but more then 80, dunno the actual number.

the Back-packer said:
So lets say I want my plants to be 16" when they are done flowering, should I let them only get to about 6" in veg phase and then move to 12/12 lighting.

Yea just use a lot of LST.

the Back-packer said:
also does anyone know a surefire way to grow a female, cause my last grow turned all male. Also I was wondering about the safety of this site, could my chating on this site come back to bite me in the ass?

Mutt put together an awesome thread on just this subject: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1974

low stress training i beleive. You take the branches and tie them down so you get many bud sites but a smaller plant.

bejohnst said:
low stress training i beleive. You take the branches and tie them down so you get many bud sites but a smaller plant.

u got it

The Back-packer said:
what do you meen by tie the branches down, tie them to the stalk of the plant?

No, tie them down to the outside of the pot or something. For example, if your plant is 12" tall, and there are three branches coming out of the sides, and you tie the top down, those three branches should grow into tops. And so on...

Check here: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6594

I've been having problems getting my plant to grow, it seems to be at a stand still. It's only about 1 and 1/2" tall, and has been that way for about a week or two. When can I start fertilizing, and when can I cranck up my 1000wt MH.

Latest posts

Back