My indoor set-up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as ventilation goes, what size fan should I use for a grow room that is a little over 4' x 2.5', what I mean to ask is how many cfm's does my fan need to be for a room this size using a 1000wt MH?

Try and get something between 300-500 and you should be set. Do you have anything in there right now?

Right now I only have a make-shift ventilation system, but I planed on getting something better very soon so I can turn on my MH light. The vent. system I currently have isn't strong enough for my MH because it's so damnd hot. But I was wondering at what point in growth will my plant be able to handle my 1000wt MH light, with of course good ventilation.

I'd say about 1 week of vegetatve growth after the roots set in good.

Sorry to hijack the thread...but how loud are those 250cfm fans from home depot? I have 3 cpu fans at 78cfm each, and they are rather quiet, I just can't imagine those larger volume fans to be as quiet. However, the 78cfm fans can't keep it under 81 with the door closed. And that is only with 4 42watt CFLs right now. I dunno if I will be able to keep it cool with a 250watt HPS.

idunnowhatsgoingon said:
Sorry to hijack the thread...but how loud are those 250cfm fans from home depot? I have 3 cpu fans at 78cfm each, and they are rather quiet, I just can't imagine those larger volume fans to be as quiet. However, the 78cfm fans can't keep it under 81 with the door closed. And that is only with 4 42watt CFLs right now. I dunno if I will be able to keep it cool with a 250watt HPS.

I have been working on a 'mother' cabinet at my house ever since my last grow was completely scrapped by the old lady. I'm using 4 102cfm computer fans to keep it cool in there, and will be using 8 CFL lights in there. My obvious goal is to have a mother to take clones from when I see fit, and keep her gworing for days and days without ever opening the cabinet. It's coming along well so far, I painted the inside flat white, cut out the spots for the fans, bought the fans, wired them up, and I just need to get some seeds and start growing again. Of course, the area is 17" x 23" and about 3' high. I'm guessing your growing area is larger..... so you'll need more fan power! The fans I'm using are 120mm. Too bad we can't personally communicate on here, because I have about 5 extra fans. They can be found easily on eBay though.

idunnowhatsgoingon said:
hey just to clear this up those inline duct fans from home depot do not put out 250cfms if you read the instructions which state that when boosted by your boiler fan for your heat they are capable of 250cfms... key word (boosted) they are used for increasing airflow and they dont actually put out 250..i have two trust me not 250cfms they are relatively quiet probably not much louder than cpu fans...and use very lttle electricit muce less than say a bathroom fan... if you want good airflow get a vortec or hurricane fan pricey yes but they work!! as for keeping it cool cfls are really hot when in a closed place and if you get an air cooled hps it shouldnt be much hotter in your area if you vent it right... hope i helped

cool guys, thanks. My area is 6 feet tall now, but about 2 feet by 2 feet. I have three 120mm 78cfm cpu fans, and I was wondering if those fans would cool a 250watt hps with the ballast in the growroom. Those vortex fans from the hydro stores are awsome, but how loud are they?

They are extremely quiet... just sounds like air blowing..

All I can seem to find at Home-Depot is a $54 fan that puts out 1000 cfm's, but it's huge and designed for attic ventilation! I think that might be a little much, but if I don't use that one then all I can seem to find is $25 fan that puts out 80 cfm's. Mabey I'll try out some really powerful computer fans?

just ask one of the people working there where the 'duct fans' are located. Should see sizes up to 8". Check out ebay for a hurricane or vortex. I saw an 8" hurricane go for like $60 one time.

ill be honest i bought mine at lowes cause home dope didnt carry em the fan your speaking of is in roofing area your in the wrong area. the inline duct fans are a plumbing product used for heating ducts and are found with the duct work and bathroom ventilation

Hi

I just made my grow room its 4.5 foot high 2.5 wide and 4.5 long i have a 400 watt HPS light in there also. I have not put a room on my grow area to allow air to get in and out. Do u think i need any pc cpu fan on the walls? If so how do u wire them up?

Latest posts

Back