My story on testing (long)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psychoactive

Reaction score
I smoked a joint a week for about a month (about half one day, couple hits off the same joint the next night etc. until it was gone). I hadn't smoked for about 2 months prior. I saw this job come open in the paper, so I quit all together for about 2 weeks (quiting smoking for awhile even months is no real big deal to me I can live with or without weed, it's just nice to do and I enjoy it rather than drink). The day I had the interview everything went great and I was for the most part hired on the spot.

On my way home, I was thinking "damn they didn't even drug test me!" when I got home I had a nice 1" size roach in my computer drawer so I sparked it up. That's all I had smoked in 2 weeks, that was on a Friday night. Monday morning I get a call with an "official" welcome to the company, and "you will recieve your new hire package in the mail". I was sweating it thinking this could be the drug test stuff ie. Hair Test (something I knew I wouldn't pass). I get my package in the mail late that Friday evening (now 1 week since I've taken 3-4 hits off a roach). It says for me to show up at this Lab in town within 48 hours to take a piss test; I really wasn't worried. Monday I showed up for work and told them the lab was closed on Monday (which they are) and I'd go Tuesday for my drug test. Tuesday came around and I went down to take the test, besides the rude treatment from the lab-techs there I basically made a mess of the sample in the bathroom that they had to clean up and I walked out mad (no sample to test). So I told my employer what happened and they set it up for me to go to another Lab across town, on Friday (then 2 weeks since I took 3-4 hits off a roach). I went down there that Friday morning and done the test. Since it was 2 full weeks I really wasn't even thinking about failing due to weed I was more worried about the Darvocets and Lortabs I had taken.

Monday came up and I had gotten to know a guy in the same new hire class as myself and he told me he had to provide proof of his Darvocet Rx within 72 hours. I was really sweating then because I didn't have an Rx. He asked me if I took my test I said yea, and I drew out a time line in my head if I failed the test when I'd hear something from the Lab (they always call you first). I figured I should hear something on a Wednesday no later then Thursday evening, if I hadn't by Friday I'm cool.

Wednesday evening I got off work and called my wife, she immediately picked up the phone and the first thing she said was "the lab called, you gotta call the doctor back, they wouldn't tell me anything".

I knew it! I failed the damn test because of a damn Darvocet and Lortab! I slowly made my way home thinking, and called the doctor. He called me back in about 30 minutes and asked me right off the bat "when is the last time you ingested marijunana?"

I said "excuse me?!" he asked me again.
I sat there for a minute and said the natural thing "It's been a looong time!"
he said "a day, a week, a month?"
I said "months and months!"
he then said "well I have no choice but to submit this to the company as marijuana abuse...
I said "ABUSE!"
he said "yes sir, if there's nothing else have a good evening" *click*

I sat there shocked, roughly 4 weeks had went by and I smoked 3-4 hits off a joint inbetween, and it never dawned on me I would fail it. So I started looking online for information on false positives. I found I few things I could try to use to my advantage. I then emailed the head of my HR dept and explained the whole thing to him. I then called a close friend on mine who is OSHA certified, teaches OSHA safety classes, and does random drug testing for the construction compnay he works for and talked to him about it. He showed up at my house the next morning at 7am and done an oral swab on me and a urine test. The oral swab showed up negative for everything and the urine test came up positive for THC. I was shocked again, I just couldn't think how/why it would be showing up so strong. I went to work the next morning and told my managers (still trying to work the false positive angle to buy me some time). They emailed HR and they said the doctor hadn't posted the results yet, so all that day I was sweating it. Friday same story, then I was told to just forget about it, there's nothing I can do now about it so quit worrying. My friend came back over today Sunday and tested me again, now 3 days since the last test he done on me and it's still positive for THC! ugh!

I just dunno what to do now, I've been drinking lots of water, cranberry etc since Thursday. Mainly just lot's of fluids and taking a leak as much as possible. Saturday I drank a few beers and pissed alot. I just sent my fiance out for a super strength 1 hour detox/mask kit from the local head shop. My friend from OSHA said to put one in my truck, if they ask me for another test, giving me the benefit of the doubt from the first test I'll be ready for it.

I guess that's my drug testing story, I just don't know whatelse to do other than getting the detox kit and keep drinking water, it's just hard to believe a few hits off a roach after 2 weeks of being clean would be showing up 3 weeks later now.

Any input would be cool, I guess I'll know something tomorrow or Tuesday if they're really gonna terminate me or let me go retake the test.

Just an update... They are giving me the "benefit of the doubt" since I screamed false positive. Now they're wanting to send me for a hair test this week, or possibly another urine test, I don't know which yet... if it's urine I haven't smoked in 3 weeks now so I'm just gonna drink the **** out of water. If it's a hair test I'm gonna be screwed...

keep me updated man. wild shot in the dark, but these pracitices sound very similar to something i went through with VZW?

Update: went through the whole week and haven't heard another word. I haven't mentioned anything and don't plan on it, the longer they wait the better off I'll be.

I'm taking another home test this evening, using the same OSHA random testing cups. Gonna see what happens, I've been in the sun all week working, drinking alot of gatoraid and water, been drinking cranberry juice all day, and yesterday a 6 pk of beer and some cran/vodka mixed drinks. Hopefully it will test negative now. Will post results on that soon.

psychoactive said:
Gotta take a hair test today, *sigh*

So, you're pretty much screwed on the hair test if you're still not passing the piss tests, man.... You should politely decline and start looking for a new job.

Passed the hair test! I was waiting to hear something from the lab, tomorrow will be 2 weeks and I have not gotten a call nor has my HR guy at work asked me to leave, we have a meeting Tuesday morning and he never brought it up, The meeting is totally unrelated to the test.

I studied how hair grows and how blood feeds folicules THC is in blood for 3 days, hair grows .5 inched per month if you haven't smoked in a month cut your hair down below the .5 inch mark ;) and shave your body so they have no choice but take it from your head :p the person taking the sample asked me why I shaved my body, I told them I always do I have chronic dermatitis and have to keep my hair super short, I only let me hair grow out some for the test.

Man was I sweating it for those few weeks!

:eek: if you are a big person it will take longer to get clean.there is a shampoo on the market that is supose to let u pass test.if you were a chronic smoker it will take longer to get clean.it took me 3 months one time to get test clean.i was on probation for a alcohol related crime and could have been pissed tested at any time.i was always scared every month when i had to c the po.:bong1: good luck on the test and hope you get job.
i can handle anything but temptation:D

Latest posts

Back