N-Caged Grow, Outdoor 2011

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:ciao: pulling up my milk crate to fallow along...I see ya have the Cage for the Hampster but wheres His wheel?:rofl:

Mojo for the Show

ok smoke, no picking on the gerble lol :rofl: he just wants a:ccc: and a big leaf! lookin good in the CAGE! when does the cage match start? oh ya we need the badger in here to chase the hamster around. green mojo and sunny days ahead

Last evening I went out to the cage and the girls looked sad. I mean some of them did. The Urkels all looked white-ish and tired looking, so did the one AK47. So I gave them a small drink of some FF Grow Big, just to be on the safe side (the NL and Bubblegum looked a bit light green, fine today, see pic 1 and 2). The temps outside yesterday were about 81f. They had a 70f's day the day before. The room they had been in was about 75f (24 hours a day) and they did have about 5 hours of direct sun in there. I did note the first day that one Pineapple C99 looked a little white-ish, but I was gonna put that down to taking that soil from the pile of soil that might have the hot chicken **** in it. It looked just like the tomatoes did last year when they got burned by the chicken ****. So I thought nothing of it (beyond being irritated that the chicken **** soil might have been used) Then I go out this morning and the Urkel and the AK 47 look the same way. Bleached out and tired looking (see pic 3 and 4). The new growth does not seem affected.

I dont know what the heck (insert bad words) is going on with my posting pics. says I already have two attached and wont let me post, is funny because I renamed them todays date! Not funny. OH WELL ( am not gonna re-write the above paragraph) I guess you will see below,

1. '87 NL
2. Urkel, the affected left leaf is the example of the white-ish.

So the question is, could the high temp yesterday have caused this? The one C99 is the only plant that could have gotten the bad soil and the other C99 looks just fine. So we have 7 plants with the white-ish tired looking leaves and the other 4 seem to have no problems, the NL and Bubblegum look AWESOME.

I am not panicing, I am not panicing. I just hate things to not go "just right". Beyond giving them about a half dose of nutes last night, not much I can do but wait and see. If it is the heat and sun, they will make it or not. Today is gonna be mid 70f's again, tomorrow too. Keeping the journal up to date here.

N-C 1.jpg

N-C 3.jpg

Hey TC, do you think it could be too much direct sunlight so soon after coming from the indoors? Temps in the low 80's should'nt be bad as long as they have water.
Just wondering, maybe someone else has a better idea.

Cubby, I'm trying not to worry about it. The tops of them look like they are growing and unaffected. So, unless someone comes up with other possible explanation, I'm going with the sun. They dont look any worse now that the hottest part of the day is over. What it really looks like to me is too much chicken poo, but I know it can not be that, I was there, I watched the soil being mixed.

Ah well, the fun of growing. I love it.

Im throwing ut ..bad acclimation..but will bounce right out and Be fine...Wish we had 80f days

TC i'm w/ smoke. im thinking maybe you rushed the hardening off period..? ever think of a foliar? i use bio-weed(.2-0-.3) & bio root (1-1-1) by General Organics on fresh cuts all the way to the true veg period & have great results this way. i currently thinned my indoors & all cuts i kept were very pale due to lack of light & in 2 days they are gaining color like a freight train.
DFW

Rushed hardening off is an understatement. I agree Doc and 4u. But when Mr Tc says go, we go. Life is good. They look a bit better for new growth today. Thanks for chiming in.

On the flip side, the NL, Bubblegum, and C99 are growing like weeds.

just a bit of sunburn i say.. no worries TC
my 'mater's look the same ;)

Glad to see both of you Irish and Kaotik. I am agreeing Kaotik sunburn, but a momma worries, cant help it.

Irish, no we dont compost, but Mr.Tc has big plans on starting. He kinda composts outside anyway (tosses the watermellon rinds over the hill, to me shaking of my head). We recycled our soil, added some vermiculite and other good things. Got most of the roots out, turned it fluffed it and loaded it into the smart pots. Am hoping the smart pots are smart enough to hold it, there are a few out there that are going on third season.

As for our anniversary, my Fifth year here is coming up. Good Times, Good Friends here at MP. I will never forget the Racoon thread by Effin, I never laughed so hard in my life reading here. This is my fifth grow journal here. I think my Early Start and Goldiocks Grows (my personal fave NL that year) were my best so far. Last year, nice plants too many mites. Not a mite showing so far this year. BIG PROPS for the "NEW Clone Guy" this year.

I also am excited about this new season and all it will bring. I am running new strains and am excited to see how they fare. I am going to be growing in the future and want to narrow down some excellent strains that finish early and are kicking arse. The husband wants to get it down to two (that might be hard). So far, the NL is what we are definately gonna be growing. I am hoping the Urkle or the Cherry AK 47 might join that short list or a good OG. As soon as the husband retires (possibly next year) he will be able to get a recommendation. That will double our plants!

Last night we got a little cold out there, high thirties. This has GOT to stop, Mother Nature get with that OK? Will warm to 68f for a high today and rain tomorrow, gonna be a big hard and fast moving storm.

The flowers and Butterfly are beautiful Irish, thank you. And 4u, pass that over, Im ready to take a walk in the garden. Here's some more Lavender for you all blooming away out there.:D

Lav.jpg

Thanks for the lavender. Mine is freezing. It is 58 here. It is May in the dessert, it is usually in the 80s or more.
First thing for composting is a cute container that sets by your kitchen sink. So..shopping for that. Mine is very cute.
DSCF0887.JPG

Then ya just do green and brown and it becomes black gold. It is magic.

Congratulations on being here five years. I am really glad you have been and continue to stay here. Don' t leave. I live vicariously through your grows. I imagine having those tall trees. wow.

Looks great Rose, it is cute. I sort all my other trash, should sort the kitchen scraps too. It is so easy to put them down the garbage disposal. They go into the septic tank, so in a way they are being composted.

Rain on the girls today. They are having it rough out there, it is pooring! Life in the Great Outdoors!

It must of dropped an inch yesterday it rained so hard :eek: . Tornado Warnings issued in the Northern California Valley! What a day. Lighting a fire inside today, unheard of!

The girls made it through all right, no one was pounded to the ground. One of my Iris's did get broken over.

1. Northern Lights
2. Same '87 NL
3. Urkel
4. Some Purple Sage
5. Clouds above the cage
6. Pot enemy #2 a baby Grasshoppa (spidermites take #1 IMO :p ) This little guy was about a quarter inch big.

We have a forecast of the next five days possible rain, with one day partly cloudy.

I am thinking I am seeing the Urkel going into flower. What do you all think? The Pre 98 Bubba is still safe inside, doing nicely :D .

5:26 NL.jpg

5:26 NL 2.jpg

5:26 Urkel.jpg

5:26 purple sage.jpg

5:11 cloudy skys.jpg

5:26 grasshoppa.jpg

It does look like that urkle is doing something. and something purple?
Nice pictures. Have a nice (rainy) weekend.

u a local?? im locked in.
just askin because i got a cage today only bcuz county laws.
grow blue dream, bubba kush, sensi star, BCBlack< clones > and purple crush seeds (sativa)

any advise for security with cage grows??

if u had them indoor 24/0 and transplanted outdoors, they might start flowering on u.

R u associated with the Foothill Growers????

Well, yes 559, I am a local here. I live so far out, that if you don't know how to get here, well here is gonna be "over there" somewhere. I don't have security problems. I am not associated at all. Thanks for joining up to watch. I am pretty sure they are flowering on me due to that exact reason, though I didn't expect them to as fresh clones sometimes don't flower due to the change. I had some last year that didn't.

I totally hate to say it, but I/we may pull the Urkel's and replace them with something else (is a waiting game now on the weather). I am totally bummed. I am also pretty bummed on this weather, 38f overnight last night. Sunny today, then back to cloudy and rain next week. I think next year, the clones will not go out until the first of June. I put the Strawberry Cough last year in about the first of June, and they produced pretty darn good.

Thinking WARM thoughts here in the mountains.

Hope you all have a great Memorial Weekend.

dont worry im not interested in WERE u live. just was wondering cuz i got my cage because of new laws and its secure but i would like it to b better. Also its 10x6 and i plan on squeezing 8 plants in ground??(maybe) should i do less? im getting quite experienced growing cso i know they will b monsters and dense and bug free And stiiinnky. some LsT'd, toppedc, trimmed all well b4 flowering. and THINKIN about PuttinG a ScreeN over them in 2 rows 4 plants each side. walk way middle.......Smallest to biggest.(streching wize)
=========
=========

all mines started flowering too exept the BC Black. i believe it has something to do with the age of a plant itself. idk wut to do with the BuBBa cuz its indica-ish but its gonna strech during flowering and the buds themself dont get that big. all my clones already are reveging.

any advise on what i should change?

Tc, I can't believe it was in the 30's for you last night. This is nuts. I feel like i am living on the west side of the state, cold and rainy. How ya spose to grow a decent garden with those temps?

i love pinnaple sage.
i got couple around my garden along with mint and basil and lots of tomatoes

Latest posts

Back