Need Advice on Clones/Cuttings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Piperson

Old Fart, New Start
Reaction score
High Everyone,

I took these clones on 5-10-08. Do you think i should move them to 12/12 light now and should i top them or leave as is?

Thanks,
Piperson

IMG_0798.JPG

IMG_0799.JPG

IMG_0801.JPG

IMG_0802.JPG

I would leave them longer before you flower them just because you wont get hardly any yeild off them.

What light are you using?

We need more info. What are your goals? What size is your flower area and what kind of lights? What strain? etc etc.

Also I would transplant into new containers ASAP, roots hate light LOTS. Give us some info and you should get some answers. Remeber depending on strain, there will be a stretching period so they will get taller, how much depends on strain.....:D

Piperson said:
High Everyone,

I took these clones on 5-10-08. Do you think i should move them to 12/12 light now and should i top them or leave as is?

Thanks,
Piperson

Nope ... don't flower them yet ... put those ladies under 18-6 light schedule until they get a good size ... at least a foot and a half ... then flower them ... the bigger the more yield .... :woohoo::hubba:

Piperson said:
High Everyone,

Thanks,
Piperson

as snuggles said, "depends on your goals, room, and environment."
They will 'at least' double in heighth during the first 2-3 weeks of 12/12. "IMHO" anything smaller than a 400 watt light isn't going to penetrate/reach the lower branches anyway. My recommendation, would be transplant them to bigger pots, either top, train(lst) or flower them now.

those are pretty tall piperson, if it was me...and a 400...i would top'em, transplant, as soon as they recover/ start growing, i would flower them. my experience with a 400 has taught me that pretty much anything farther than 24 inches from light is nowhere near as good as the rest. ive had plants i flowered at 8" get almost 3' tall. thats extreme, but they will at least double...as stated above.

WOW, what light are you using to veg those babies...... They look pretty stretched....

They are gonna need some serious training as Hick said if you use 400 watts or less to bloom with....Ifin ya could heh.... I would transplant them and put them babies outside unless you got a pretty big bloom box... They are gonna get HUGE heh.

Just my .02 though.

:p :p the stronger the light, the stronger the light density the "strongest/harder" your buds are going to get. if you can bumb up your light to a stronger one and constantly keep them as close as the are comfortable with.( not riseingthe tempature of anypart of the plant notcably.) because with a 400w you are getting... idk but with a 1000w you are produceing 140,000lumens but 3 feet away your plants are only getting 11,666 because lumens are reduced by one fourth every 12 inches.
Peace

Are those rooted? Those are the biggest clones ive ever seen.

Growdude said:
Are those rooted? Those are the biggest clones ive ever seen.

:yeahthat:

I am rather amazed that they are looking this good a week since cloning. It's hard to imagine that clones this size have enough energy to develop roots, but they look real healthy.

Piperson, tell us about your cloning process...I'm intrigued--they really are the biggest clones I have ever seen, too.

snuggles said:
We need more info. What are your goals? What size is your flower area and what kind of lights? What strain? etc etc.

Also I would transplant into new containers ASAP, roots hate light LOTS. Give us some info and you should get some answers. Remeber depending on strain, there will be a stretching period so they will get taller, how much depends on strain.....:D

Thanks everyone for your replies. I went to sleep last night after I posted and I just got home from work.

I will try to fill in some missing info here. The cuttings were done on May 10th, thats over 5 wks now.

My grow room is a closet divided into two parts. The veg area is 32" wide X 24" deep X 32" high. The light is a salvaged double circular
florescent 16" & 10" 40w.

The bloom area is
32" wide X 24" deep X 4'-6" high. The light is two 4' x 2, 40w fluorescent tube and 6 individual 40w cfl that can be adjusted to any height.

What I'm trying to accomplish is to be able to harvest maybe 2 plants maybe like every 2 months or so.

The mothers are 3 White Widow. Were planted from seedlings on March 5th 08 and switch to 12/12 light on May 16th. Thats going on 5 wks. I was lucky, all 3 turned female.

I already switch 2 cuttings that were top cuts to 12/12 light on June 14th.

I've been trying to keep the others from getting too big by keeping them in the cups till now, since the bloom area is pretty full now. Thats why I was thinking i should trim them to try to keep them from getting too tall.

The pics show the 2 areas of the grow room and one of the cuttings in the bloom area.

IMG_0804.JPG

IMG_0805.JPG

IMG_0807.JPG

IMG_0806.JPG

IMG_0814.JPG

Since you are using fluoros, you should be starting with smaller clones and letting the plants get bushier while in veg. CFLs have almost no penetrating power. By having such tall clones, you are depriving all the lower buds of light.

do you think i should trim them to get the size down?

Piperson said:
do you think i should trim them to get the size down?

you could, they will branch out more if you do, basicly you would be topping it.
But if they are not rooted you might want to wait.

read my thread on supercropping and drop the light down until ridges in the leaves 2ndary veins form.

this will reduce stretch and increase yeild.

Thanks everyone for all the advise. There's soo much to learn. It seems overwhelming. I read toa's sc tread. I'm not sure I understand.

The cutings are about 12" tall. Looking at the attached pic, how would you do it to it. Would it look like the pics that That crazy vancouver guy posted?

On my cuttings I don't see any branches, only leaves. Will branches grow above the leaves? thanks!
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/member.php?u=7860

IMG_0816.JPG

Hi ya,

I followed the good advise from yall. I did the (sc) stem pinching. I did this from where it is soft enough between each set of leaves. Then I toped each 1. Then I did the bending with wire to the side of the container with 2 so far because they were getting too tall again.

I'm trying to time them to start on flowering mode so I can maybe be able to havest 1 every month or so.

I think this will help alot. 3 in the flower stage will be ready to harvest in about a month. Then i can move these to take their place.

I moved 2 (have 6 altogether) of the cuttings to flower stage on 6/14. I will try to use one of the cuttings as the mother to keep the flow going. I think in a few months i will have the timeing a little better.

The 1st grow i was just worrying about getting a harvest. Now I'm going to try to have See of Green (SoG). Is this the correct term?

Any comments/advise are wellcome. Thanks.

IMG_0918.JPG

IMG_0919.JPG

IMG_0923.JPG

IMG_0924.JPG

Latest posts

Back