need an opinion on root stimulator

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wikked

always lookin 4 help
Reaction score
im using a root stimulator called ROOT & GROW its 4-10-3 im in the veg stage now. it has nitrogen 4% phosphate 10% soluble potash 3%. it says its good for early roots. ive never used this before. and quite honestly ive only grown natural before. i have a grow box wich i posted thumbnails on before but lost the picks. basically i just want to know if this is ok to use. im not looking for the best or most expensive. im just doin it for fun and want to see how it all turns out.

Nitrogen stimulates green leafy growth....phosphate stimulates rooting and flowering...potash increases immunities and also increases phosphate uptake...does it have any other vitamins, hormones, or micro's?

I would say its good for a boost right off the bat but i would get something with a little more nitrogen and a little less phosphate for vegging...will definately work for a root stimulator though...

wikked said:
im using a root stimulator called ROOT & GROW its 4-10-3 im in the veg stage now. it has nitrogen 4% phosphate 10% soluble potash 3%. it says its good for early roots. ive never used this before. and quite honestly ive only grown natural before. i have a grow box wich i posted thumbnails on before but lost the picks. basically i just want to know if this is ok to use. im not looking for the best or most expensive. im just doin it for fun and want to see how it all turns out.

Hi wikkid,

Root building is the way to go... Are you in soil or hydro? How early in veg are you and are they clones or plants grown from seed? If you're growing seedlings and in week 3-4 I've read that a balanced NPK, ie 2-2-2 is thought to help increase a plant's chances at becoming a female during what's thought to be the most critical period for determining the plants eventual sex. If they are older plants grown from seed or clones it's not a concern but I tought I'd give a heads up just in case...;)

Please let us know how the root nute booster does for you... You could always do an A/B with another plant getting grow nutes and compare your root balls when you transplant. Some products make a significant difference. Do you have any mychorrazae in your substrate? That's got to be hands down the best product I've found in the last decade for roots... I also hate to say it but I've really loved Advanced Nutrients Voodoo Juice ever since I did some A/B tests in both hydro and soil about 6 years ago. It made a believer out of me. Voodoo Juice and Overdrive are the only remaining AN nutes I've got but they work well.

Happy Root Building!:cool:

Peace!:cool:

I've tended to notice that if all is healthy, roots take off all by themselves. Read something a while back that suggested root growth is a function of above ground canopy conditions... if the environment is healthy for lush vegetative growth, this will provoke a massive root response within the medium. Not the other way around where massive root growth promotes veg growth.

Things like power cloner, olivias, etc, that are nute/vitamin/hormone mixes seem to function just as well (not better) than my diluting a bloom solution + my add's.

Roots Excellerator by H&G is a great inoculant.

RootShield is a great trichoderma product. Subculture-M will also function the same way, but uses a shotgun approach by tossing in all sorts of benes.

These last two items will have a much larger impact to root growth & health vs any solution product. Peace!

Latest posts

Back