need help on seed production

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djcoolj

Reaction score
Happy V Day,
Hope you can sheed some light on my seeds. I am looking to produce female seeds. I have had some luck with my FEM plants. producing a few seeds by streasing them towards the end of there cycle. This has produced 7 to 8 seeds all FEM. So what I tried was taking to very potent WW male plants and put them in with 3 FEM Indaca Blues and 3 FEM WW Needles to say The buds were filled with thousands of seeds no more spending $100.00's of dollars for a few seeds. But I am afrade that I am back at the start, These are not going to be FEM seeds. Back to veging 20 to get 5 to 10 really good female plants. Then there's the question of the qaulity and type of plant. All the seeds I normaly start with are a very high qaulity Fem Geno type. any Idea of what to expect. I did take time to make sure the seeds were mature before harvest then I dried like allways.
I could not make it thru a day with out this web site
I could not have had the harvest I've had with out this web site
Thank you
DJCOOOOOLJ

Well, you have created your own strains, as every plant will be a little different genetically.

However, when it comes to propagation, ending up with a stable ,true cross-breed, isn't as easy as it sounds. Yes, when you breed 2 or more different strains, you get other strains, but that doesn't mean they are stable.

Let me begin with explaining the difference of home produced seeds and marijuana seeds you can buy from a reputable seedbank. At home you have at most 20 or so plants to choose father and mother plant from. You have been watching your seed parent plants for one generation only, meaning their lifetime at your grow place. At seedbanks breeders sex and watch plants for at least 3 generations and from every generation plants which is usually around 100-500 plants they choose the best 10-20 for the next generation seeds.
This way professional genetics become extraordinary stable, very viable and with high THC potency.
Do not expect the same stability, viability and potency from your home grow marijuana seeds. But, anyway, your seeds will germinate and grow into plants you will be proud of, either way :)

Eventually creating a strain that no one has ever created. What's it like to feel like GxD? lol

exr.

Your 1st generation of seeds can grow nice plants, but remember using the first generation to make seeds again can and will produce weak inbreed plants unless you can grow 2 separate genetic lines of parent plants.

The main thing to remember is that breeding is an art and a science. Even the most experienced breeders find it difficult to stabilize their strains. Many strains become unstable as they are bred, revealing unexpected traits that can be traced back many generations.

Professional seed breeders spend a lifetime recording every detail of plant development and post-harvest characteristics. Growth rates, disease resistance, flowering duration, psychoactive effects.... etc.

They test breeds under different conditions, trying to match genetics with environmental conditions to ensure optimum yield and health. They pick and choose favorable characteristics from different strains and then cross-breed these strains seeking to develop super-plants which have the cerebral high of a Sativa combined with the short-season hardiness, yield, height and narcotic stoniness of an Indica. Then, they seek to develop stability in their strains so purchasers can expect, within a reasonable degree of variation, predictable results crop after crop.

Thank You
I new that deep down inside but every proud Father has there hopes and dreams for all there children

Oh they are all worth being proud of!!

What type of stressing do you do to produce females? Do you do it chemically with GA3, or Silver nitrate?, .....or externally like ...one of the best techniques I've seen is Light stress to produces FEM's.

I think since you did a hybrid cross you may end up with some nice plants. It's the f2 generation of inbred lines that will give you variety. But like Bio said, if you don't have the room to play with a whole bunch of seeds it can become a frustrating hobby. I wouldn't use femenised seeds as breeding stock, too much of a chance to show the herm trait. The little bit of breeding I have done has been with regular seeds, and a natural breeding.

I do use light right in the middle of there sleep just for a few seconds it seems to work for me I would hate to have a huge fem plant go hermy in that sitsh And again Thanks this is the best Hoby in the world

Latest posts

Back