Need help with reflective sheeting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cunundrum.4343

Reaction score
Getting ready to re-do my grow space and wondered if anyone had any input between mylar, black and white sheeting or diamond reflective sheeting. Anyone have any of these aids!!!

Well we used the black and white panda film for a while and it was awesome and easier to work in without the light blinding you off the mylar. White walls, Panda film or mylar will be sufficient. Were not sure what diamond reflective sheeting is. If your pockets lookin good get the panda film. Not so good get the mylar. Not good at all a white wall will just fine! Good luck man.

mylar is the best.... by far.... Diamond Plate is REALLY expensive and will make hot-spots... between the poly and mylar I choose the mylar.... flat white diffuses the light to distribute it better than any color, mylar reflects the light without hot spots....

okay, two different opinions - guess I will wait to see if any one else responds -- thanks for your help - both of you!!!

Did you know that space blankets are 93% reflective!! Mylar is 96%. You can do a whole 20x20x8 room w/ space blankets for $10.00 it would cost well over $100.00 to use mylar. Space blankets look nice and are realy light. They dont wipe down very well but are easy to replace between every 3rd crop or something. I just don't over mist. You should check it out.

I like mylar because it offers maximum reflectivity (is that a word), and is very easy to work with. It wants to lie flat, so it is fairly easy to put it up. I've never used the other stuff. Good luck.

Wow, thanks for all the help guys!!! Still undecided but am getting more knowledgeable by the minute.

Latest posts

Back