Need help with these pics, whats wrong?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

mrkingford

Ok so 3 days ago i noticed the plant to the far left looking like it was Shrivled up like an old person in the bath tub for 3 hours.

I don't know if i watered it too much or the new T5 light i put up is too close to the plants, about 5", is this too close? am i burning them?
I raised the T5 this morning about 2 inches now it sits at 7" off the plants, still to low?

Yesterday i did my 1st nute watering. I mixed 1 tsp. Big Grow with 1 gal. of water and watered them.
This morning i noticed the plant in the middle's leaves ( see the leaves pointing left and right) curl up and have a few brown spots.
(by the way, plant #1 also has a lot of brown spots, but had them prior to the nutes).

Plant # 3 looks great and so do the other 2.
These are about 2 weeks out of the dirt.

So, too much water?
or too close with the light?
Or to much nutes (which plan t#1 was already like this)?

And also, the leaves with brown spots are brittle and i broke off the dry parts of the leaves.
You can see the leaf pointing left and right in the 1st pic, its leaves are brown and brittle.
Again, thanks in advance people, and HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY WEEKEND......Peace..........:D

sounds like nute burn imo, wat kind of soil are you using?

stone hands said:
sounds like nute burn imo, wat kind of soil are you using?

MG, i know, it sucks, but i didnt know any better ( see my other threads).
I do have seeds coming and all the nutes and FFOF soil and my new T5 light, but i want to fix this problem (as its bag seed) so it does not happen to the next grow.

You said nute burn, but plant#1 was ALREADY like that and i NEVER gave nutes til yesterday.?

i've used the MG soil it tends to have time released nutes which come out with every watering so when you add your nutes it can be to much. keep the light as close to the plant as possible. to test if its too close put your hand under the light if its uncomfortably hot on your hand its too close. move it closer till you find that point. also with bag seeds you never know the genetics, the strain maybe weak. if the plant isnt getting enough light it will start killing lower leaves to promote growth and stay alive. hope this helps keep us posted.

stone hands said:
i've used the MG soil it tends to have time released nutes which come out with every watering so when you add your nutes it can be to much. keep the light as close to the plant as possible. to test if its too close put your hand under the light if its uncomfortably hot on your hand its too close. move it closer till you find that point. also with bag seeds you never know the genetics, the strain maybe weak. if the plant isnt getting enough light it will start killing lower leaves to promote growth and stay alive. hope this helps keep us posted.

So i should move the light closer again? I did that hand method and it was NOT too hot, but i raised the light as a precation.
THANK YOU, for the info on the time released nutes in MG, makes sence.

It may be a weak strain, as i said, it was bag weed.
1 more thing, how often is it best to water ?
every 2 or 3 days or is it soil dryness?
I'm having trouble with this, ( i know, stupid i cant even fiqure out how to water without asking, embarrassed,lol) :eek:

I feel bad for the plants under the light and want to water them,lol silly huh. :eek:

mrkingford said:
MG, i know, it sucks, but i didnt know any better ( see my other threads).
I do have seeds coming and all the nutes and FFOF soil and my new T5 light, but i want to fix this problem (as its bag seed) so it does not happen to the next grow.

You said nute burn, but plant#1 was ALREADY like that and i NEVER gave nutes til yesterday.?

Im using MG, too, but my plants are fat, green and thriving. I dont think your light was too close. Did you look up "brown spots" in the sick plants section? Look in there and google it, too.

Since they were sick before you gave nutes and since MG COMES with nutes in it, it cant be a nute problem. Possibly the light's too close, but I dont think 5 inches is too close by any means for a flo. That leaves water. Many new gardeners love their plants too much, over-watering and constantly fooling with them, LOL. Remember MJ, regardless of fancy breeding (or not, as in the case of your bagseed) is a WEED and can thrive if left to do it's thing, with just enough water, light and nutes, not TOO MUCH of any of these. Dont water them until they're dry. Nature doesnt provide daily rain, after all--plants are built to suck up water when it's there and be dry until the next time water shows up, within reason. It's better to wait until the plant is too dry than to keep it too wet out of fear it MAY be thirsty.

If you have kids, I bet you remember jumping up to "check on the baby" every time you heard a sound from the nursery, but by the third kid, nothing short of a blood curdling scream woke you? Well, it's the same with being a Plant Parent. You may think Im nuts, but I believe plants sense our feelings just as kids and animals do. Relax.

Meantime, they will recover! They're tough little nuthers. The first three months in MG, they wont need much in the way of extra nutes, so if you add nutes, use a WEAKER than reccomended mix. A few days on the window sill might do them worlds of good. You cant beat good ole sunshine. One more thing...you didnt pack the soil down real hard, did you? I did add a lot of perlite to my MG, as it does tend to be kind of heavy. Give dem lil roots some air. Because I did add so much perlite, I do use a weak nute mix every third or fourth watering.

Lass

Ok, so i'll let em go longer between waterings, thanks.
And NO, i did not pack the soil but i did not use perlite either.
I'm hoping my seeds come tommorrow, or tuesday, as monday is a hoilday, ohh the waiting is killing me, every car that drives by, i'm looking to see if its the mail man, lol, silly boy.
Good to know they will recover, i hope.
P.S., i just lowered the light to about 2-5 inches, depending on which plant it on.

mrkingford said:
Ok so 3 days ago i noticed the plant to the far left looking like it was Shrivled up like an old person in the bath tub for 3 hours.

I was going to pop in and comment.

But read the above.

I have to add its only my toes that the cold water effects.

I suddenly seem to grow a spare toe.

No comments from your Ladies please.

:p

:peace:

Check your cal, mag and your PH... What PH is your run off reading at?

massproducer said:
Check your cal, mag and your PH... What PH is your run off reading at?

:eek: cal?
:eek: mag?
i know what ph is, but i dont have a ph tester yet.
run off reading? i ASSUME you mean the reading from the water running out the bottom drain holes after watering?
newby here, can you tell?:eek:

yes run off means the water that is running out the buttom drain holes , have a bowl under that pot so once it fills a bit to check the PH ( CHECK IT ) , and tell us the readings ..
if it reads 6.5 PH then your safe your plant is loving their water.

i dont know if my theory is correct but i think if ph is higher or lower that means it gives the plant a stomach ache and can form bad looks and colors.

cal i think means calcium
mag = magneisum
some soil provide them i think.
i found out my plant grow good after i flush my soil alot of times to release the nutes that is in t he soil before i plant my seeds .
but im sure i wont forget this for my next grow :D

I believe that it is too much watering, which is resulting in too many nutes. Since you are using MG soil, you should not be using any nutes at all. Of course the trouble with this is that you cannot control You need to know the pH of your water and your run off. It needs to be between about 6.3 and 6.8 for soil. Otherwise you will be locking out some nutes.

I have tiny baby seedlings going right now. My 4 tube T5 is less than 3" from the top of the plants. I don't think your lights are too close.

Successful growing is an endeavor that takes time, money, energy, and commitment. Marijuana is not a weed and will not thrive if left to do its thing. There are some fairly narrow parameters as far as maintaining proper conditions on an inside grow. If I have 8 plants in flower and 8 in veg at a time, it is a part-time job...

So i havent watered them since and they look good, still growing and they appear to have no ill effect from the nute burn.
thanks.......
ps, still waiting for my seeds from attitude seedbank....will keep informed......

Latest posts

Back