Need some advice.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am currently growing pineapples punch and they are about 2 weeks old. I have them under 4 4ft. flourescent bulbs all 6500k. Is that enough for vegging or is that too much too soon? And how far away should I keep the lights from the tops?

Thats enough to veg. get them nice and close to the plants. When you flower you will want to switch to an HPS then keep that about 12-18 inches from the plants. Good luck

I have read that there is no benefit to running the lights more than 18hrs But I run my lights 24hrs. I have been known to be a rebel though.

would it be a bad thing to switch them to 18/6 though? Or would that put them is shock and kill them?

no you can switch them ,,,just dont keep switching :p once switched to 18/6 i would then leave it till 12/12 :peace:

24/0 I will say is way better the 18/6....plant DO grow faster under 24 hr light cycle..why would you want to lower what make the plant grow..18/6 is what most use...But I have read that 24/0..has been proven better for VEG Stage..and those flors are good for a little while but you are going to get strtch and or they will grow slow..JMO..I use MH in VEG and HPS for floer..and the distance to keep these are going to depend on what they are..ie: cool tube versus a batwing..The best addvice i can give is grab your :bong1: and your stash...set up your comfy seat...and and start to read..sound like you need to start in the Light section..but be sure to hit the resources section..and of coarse you can allways PM me okay? Take care and besafe:bolt::bong:

Latest posts

Back